So Far So Good

https://www.microsoft.com/nl-be/store/p ... 40kx?rtc=1

Moderators: malfukt, mcorn, Nasz, Lunatix

kostyap

Re: So Far So Good

Post by kostyap » Tue Dec 26, 2017 3:41 pm

wasupwitdat1 wrote:
Tue Dec 26, 2017 2:47 pm
...With the high quality video hardware I have Tacx's VR is the best, it blows Zwift out of the water. I really hate to see that go away.
Software technical quality aside I personally find VR part of TTS more visually appealing then Zwift. Zwift however is not about visual quality / training / racing. It is about putting together people who like to be in a herd. Obviously in this regard Zwift is doing way better then Tacx. They do call their product social platform social platform after all.

gruffle

Post by gruffle » Sat Dec 30, 2017 2:03 pm

just jumping in having barely used my iGenius due to the seemingly endless TTS4 software issues. And Phil - yes this cost you/Tacx a ton of money on RLVs as I was happy to buy them, but not happy to spend anything from 10 mins to half a day trying to get TTS4 to run only to find out of sync issues or jerky video.

Seems now TTS4 is effectively chilled (I can understand this, and I for one am delighted Lunatix and his guys are still working with Tacx as I believe they have tried very hard with TTS4) but have to pay Tacx a ludicrous £221.05 to upgrade my iGenius to even try TDA, and there is no TDA pricing available for me to decide if the TDA software is the way to go.

Open beta is great to get users to help a small company debug software and I fully support this, but not making clear what is no-cost/what is priced is a disappointment and appears like Tacx are trying to hook people in, which if this is the case would be all the wrong approach. Tacx, please publish pricing so users can evaluate the TDA proposition.

Anyone at Tacx want to pm me a manageable iGenius upgrade price as goodwill due to the endless issues I have endured resulting in the thing just being thrown (literally) in the cupboard in despair, as I would love to get back to using and supporting Tacx and Phils RLV efforts.

mcorn

Post by mcorn » Sat Dec 30, 2017 6:10 pm

I actually have TTS4 working reasonably well on 2 different W10 Creators Editions PC's (one is 32-bit W10 and the other is 64-bit W10). Both of them required reinstalls of TTS4. If I had the magic formula to make it work, I would gladly share it, but unfortunately I do not. And, yes, there are fairly infrequent times when something goes wrong.

Good luck on the Genius upgrade. I am in a similar situation. There is another thread on this subject and I would say that generally I am not optimistic.

viewtopic.php?f=60&t=34514

P.S. Do not count on Tacx reading your post and reaching out to you. The company does not monitor the forum closely. If you want something, you should contact them directly at support@tacx.com

gruffle

Post by gruffle » Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:07 pm

Thanks @mcorn.

If Tacx really are claiming they cannot manufacture the upgrade boards any more then @Tacx - I own an electronics manufacturing facility here in the UK with a team of buyers who are hiighly proficient at sourcing even the most difficult/obsolete parts.
Issue the design package to us (under nda naturally) and I will have some more boards manufactured for you to sell at reasonable prices in order to fulfill legacy requirements and support your existing customers who have endured endless issues with your products rendering them all but useless to many including myself.

So come on Tacx - reach out.
Everyone wins, especially Tacx.

kostyap

Post by kostyap » Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:15 pm

gruffle wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:07 pm
If Tacx really are claiming they cannot manufacture the upgrade boards any more then @Tacx - I own an electronics manufacturing facility here in the UK with a team of buyers who are hiighly proficient at sourcing even the most difficult/obsolete parts.
Issue the design package to us (under nda naturally) and I will have some more boards manufactured for you to sell at reasonable prices in order to fulfill legacy requirements and support your existing customers who have endured endless issues with your products rendering them all but useless to many including myself.

So come on Tacx - reach out.
Everyone wins, especially Tacx.
They'd be probably more happy selling new trainers. Less headache and more profit. If you have access to decent designer you might as well release ANT FE-C compatible electronics upgrade package yourself.

gruffle

Post by gruffle » Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:56 pm

Yes - that works and is what most companies do regualrly with new technology - providing you have good customer/supplier experience.

The problem with not so good experience, as in this instance, is the supplier just loses customers and it takes a very long time to shake off poor reputation.

Look at Aple for instance right now. They have a customer problem with slowing down phones as they get older.
Whether this is due to malfeasance by Apple or a genuine wish to prolong batteries in older phones probably we will never know.
Their action though is to work to sort out the problem and support existing users.

Forget Apple's products for a moment and mostly they are the most successful marketing company in the world with an outstanding legal team.
The take on how Apple manage the problem then is; to fight it with their legal team and I expect they would win, or they consider the marketing aspect and say look after these customers for a small cost now and then win big with customer loyalty.

mcorn

Post by mcorn » Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:19 pm

Never quite know what to make of comparisons to a company with infinite resources. Maybe Apple should have designed the phone so a $10 battery could be easily replaced (many mobile devices are designed this way). In our throw-away economy, most products are not designed with service in mind and Tacx is no exception, but one would think that a part of the product that will certainly wear out before the service or design life of the overall product is reached would be built with service in mind.

gruffle

Post by gruffle » Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:36 pm

agreed there is little comparison except that there are lessons to appreciate in marketing.

We took a lesson from Apple's book some time back on looking after customers who had issues, and often they are the noisy ones who can be the most demanding.

Take care of them though and they can readily become the most appreciative supporters and we have directly gained business from recommendations from such clients.

This is all somewhat moot however as expectations are sadly low that Tacx will take the intiative.

but just imagine if all the disgruntled TTS4 users that I have seen here over the months/years could suddenly report that Tacx had made a really constructive offer to migrate them to newer hardware how positively this would be seen by prospective clients viewing this forum and others. Loyalty has value.

In the meantime I am left with the optnio of 221GBP and an unknown future cost for TDA or ...
At the moment or ... seems to be the ratioanl option even if cost is not the primary driver for me.

Return to “Tacx Desktop app (TDA)”