TDA Mac - seeing some very slow cycling speeds

https://www.microsoft.com/nl-be/store/p ... 40kx?rtc=1

Moderators: mcorn, malfukt, Nasz, Lunatix

converse2020

TDA Mac - seeing some very slow cycling speeds

Post by converse2020 » Sat Feb 09, 2019 3:31 pm

Hi,

I've been using TDA on a mac since the start of the year. I have a Tacx Flux trainer.

The last two rides I did have had some issues, but biggest concern is that in both rides at points during the ride I could not get speed much above 5 mph when on flat (or even -1.0) gradient and putting out 200 watts.

I typically would expect to see around 15mph at that elevation / power output, so I don't know what went wrong - is this a Flux issue or TDA issue?

The TDA show an estimated time to complete during the ride and that still seemed to show that I was still on my original ride pace, but I just could not make progress on the course taking 10+ minutes to complete a mile, so it was clear I was really not making any progress and the reported speed was about right.

In the end I gave up but can anyone else offer any thoughts? - was this speed to be expected or have I got a bug on two videos maybe ?
Thanks

mcorn

Re: TDA Mac - seeing some very slow cycling speeds

Post by mcorn » Sat Feb 09, 2019 4:42 pm

Something is wrong. Send an email to support@tacx.com

converse2020

Post by converse2020 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:38 am

OK - sounds like it could all be related to a hardware issue on the Flux as today I get no RPM and no resistance change during a GPS ride.
Have tried the utility app and that reads cadence on the dashboard, but when I try to calibrate it doesn't recognise pedalling to start the process.

converse2020

Post by converse2020 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:09 pm

And then tonight it’s working just fine again.hopefully just a glitch.

Return to “Tacx Desktop app (TDA)”