Workout using a Video?

https://www.microsoft.com/nl-be/store/p ... 40kx?rtc=1

Moderators: mcorn, malfukt, Nasz, Lunatix

ToeCutter

Workout using a Video?

Post by ToeCutter » Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:55 pm

Hey All,

I've really looked for the answer(1), but a quick question:

Can I create a workout and ride it within a Video? In my mind, the ability (kinda like Zwift) to somehow have a display of the intervals (or maybe just a detailed "Manhattan" at the bottom of the screen, for example), and some kind of interval "start/finish line" onscreen would be fantastic, and would probably suck in a lot of Zwift users.

I'm keeping an eye on Rouvy too, where it would be a no-brqainer for them to combine their workouts features with their Augmented Reality over the top of RLV's. Someone's gonna do it, and I'm all on board when they do.

Anyway, is this possible, or planned?

Cheers, Matt.

Tacx Video Production

Re: Workout using a Video?

Post by Tacx Video Production » Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:44 am

Normally all of this should come to TDA, just now the effort is going towards solving the server speed issue & a streaming solution.

ToeCutter

Re: Workout using a Video?

Post by ToeCutter » Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:19 pm

Wow, this is GREAT news! Not holding my breath for anything any time soon, but very nice to know it's the kind of thing that can be done, and is being considered.

I, for one, would *very* quickly move away from Zwift if I could essentially do the same thing over RLV's. With Zwift, I don't really do much besides workouts, and couldn't care less if there's nobody on the ride to be "social" with. I've been doing the Zwift stuff so long now I feel like I'm riding around in circles, like that goldfish who says "Wow! Castle!!".. The novelty has well and truly worn off.

Return to “Tacx Desktop app (TDA)”