TDA Go Live this week

https://www.microsoft.com/nl-be/store/p ... 40kx?rtc=1

Moderators: malfukt, mcorn, Nasz, Lunatix

gruffle

Re: TDA Go Live next week

Post by gruffle » Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:47 pm

@ Blueberry - nobody here is being pathetic that I can see.

try comprehending the posts before you make crass comments
Last edited by gruffle on Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tiredlegs

Post by tiredlegs » Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:09 pm

I think that you could pick fault with anything that isn't your cup of tea. I used to ride Zwift but despise the thing now. That comment would upset the whole of the Zwift community but at the end of the day I have the choice whether to subscribe or not. I respect what other people think about applications that I prefer, negatively or positively. Amongst other things I like to ride decent RLV's and have TTS, TDA and Veloreality. Out of all of them TDA seems the most user friendly for me and when the video collection is eventually uploaded will have the most decent quality videos available of any application. I think 13.99 euros for a months use of these videos is value for money. I do understand the gripe of those who do not have a smart trainer to use TDA but fingers crossed ant connectivity will follow.

thebigoneinfront

Post by thebigoneinfront » Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:24 pm

gruffle

Post by gruffle » Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:44 pm

hey - thanks for that @thebigoneinfront

honestly for now I'll hold out to see if Phil's predictions comes to pass, I would probably spend up to 175GBP on the update but no more, if compatibility isn't sorted I will re-assess what trainer to use. I'm somewhat tempted to move away from a wheel/friction based device too. Perhaps if Tacx offered a 30% off upgrade price ...

Lets see where this all goes and hopefully before I hang the bike up for good.

All this Tacx talk had me drag the trainer out and amazingly it worked first time :shock:
Did an hour on it and now have a thumping headache.
Reminder to self - no longer a teenager :roll:

Threads gone a bit off track - so lets see what TDA Live delivers in coming weeks/months.
If it genuinely is access to Phil's entire repertoire in full HD for <15GBP per month I'd say fair enough

Tacx Video Production

Post by Tacx Video Production » Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:40 pm

gruffle wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:44 pm
If it genuinely is access to Phil's entire repertoire in full HD for <15GBP per month I'd say fair enough
It will be almost everything filmed in the last 5 years 2012 until 2017 (2018 when we start filming again). It will not all be there directly though, Im editing the 2017 films still & obviously want these in the collection asap as these are the best routes quality wise as the filming kit has improved over the years. So we are starting with about 40 & then will just keep feeding the collection with new & older rides over the following weeks & months...it should be a more or less an endless uncountable list by the end of the summer & Eurobike.

Here is a screenshot thats been compressed a whole load of times that Ive just taken from Strava of a ride in testing this week from that amazing October Alpine trip. I really can't wait for you guys to ride these routes, we had such incredible luck with the conditions, everyday blue sky & colours..

thebigoneinfront

Post by thebigoneinfront » Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:47 pm

gruffle wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:44 pm
Did an hour on it and now have a thumping headache.
Reminder to self - no longer a teenager :roll:
:D
Headache's bad, muscle sore would be better.. but perhaps it's just a trough approaching.. I find myself more sensitive to weather as I grow older.

I absolutely don't regret moving from an i-Genius to a Neo. Its main benefit over the Genius is its silence -no noise but your drivetrain - , but I don't mind the lack of tyre debris, no trainer tyre and not having to regularly check wheel pressure either. So it might be a wise move to not spend on upgrading an old Genius and rather eye a Smart "Direct Drive".

I have been betatesting TDA and I'm excited. It takes RLVs to another level. There are some corners to cut, eg (for me foremost) saving one's video selection preferences, of course the bigger issue of ANT FE-C support (I'd love to use my handlebar controller), and I hope the activities saving glitches are resolved, but it's certainly good enough to go live.

Happy training! 8)

tiredlegs

Post by tiredlegs » Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:27 pm

I have to agree. I swapped my Vortex for a Genius. I then upgraded my Genius to a smart when Tacx first offered the upgrade on this forum. The Genius is a super trainer but limited by the tyre on the roller. I decided on a new direct drive trainer and after reading all the reviews stumped for the Neo. I got it over Xmas heavily discounted (£855) and I haven't regretted it. I've recouped some of my money by selling my Genius on Ebay but what a difference the Neo makes. No slippage or choppiness.

gruffle

Post by gruffle » Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:48 pm

you guys make a better sales team than Tacx themselves.
Thanks all.

need to sleep this headache off, and keep an eye on developments

Tacx Video Production

Post by Tacx Video Production » Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:47 pm

The 1st official collection is finally going in,

Dinant to Namur will be the full free ride & there are a couple of short Demo type rides that will be there in the list without the padlock.

Tommo

Post by Tommo » Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:46 pm

I love TDA. I've been beta testing for a while and providing feedback. There's been discussion, for and against the platform it's been built on, I don't really care so long as it is reliable. After going through the trials and tribulations of TTS2,3 & 4 'Heath Robinson' software its good to run software that starts quickly and doesn't require you to be a windows technician to maintain.

The fact that TDA is a relatively small app to download and install, doesn't require a top spec PC and plays HD videos so smoothly shows what a relatively poor piece of software TTS4 is. Having said that, I'll continue with both TTS4 and TDA. My only ask is that whilst I enjoy the big col climb RLVs, lets have a few more flat and fast RLVs. I think my favourite is still the Hell of the North just because there's always something going on, someone to follow, things to observe and people to watch. Its just a shame its not HD. I also love Zwift, two completely different things but both help me maximise my Neo and my own potential.
Neo Smart
TTS4 4.22.6.0
TDA
Windows 10 64bit
Intel Core i3 540 3.07ghz
ASUS AMD Radeon R7 240 2 GB DDR3
4Gb Memory
BenQ W1070+ 1080P HD Projector

Tacx Video Production

Post by Tacx Video Production » Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:02 pm

Tommo wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:46 pm
I love TDA. I've been beta testing for a while and providing feedback. There's been discussion, for and against the platform it's been built on, I don't really care so long as it is reliable. After going through the trials and tribulations of TTS2,3 & 4 'Heath Robinson' software its good to run software that starts quickly and doesn't require you to be a windows technician to maintain.

The fact that TDA is a relatively small app to download and install, doesn't require a top spec PC and plays HD videos so smoothly shows what a relatively poor piece of software TTS4 is. Having said that, I'll continue with both TTS4 and TDA. My only ask is that whilst I enjoy the big col climb RLVs, lets have a few more flat and fast RLVs. I think my favourite is still the Hell of the North just because there's always something going on, someone to follow, things to observe and people to watch. Its just a shame its not HD. I also love Zwift, two completely different things but both help me maximise my Neo and my own potential.
Tommo there are some great flat fast rides going in, try out Dinant to Namur & Mont Sant Michel, all the city trips. We are going to re-film Paris Roubaix with Bertha now we can do the trench of Wallers Arenberg...Anything named Cycle Tour means its not mountains but some of them are hilly :wink: Dont forget the Schlecks Gran Fondo...loads going on in that & its the 1st time a cinema camera has ever filmed inside such an event.

Tommo

Post by Tommo » Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:27 pm

The new videos sound great. I keep telling myself I must get outside on the bike when the weather improves but it may be difficult with all the new videos to get through :D I had to make a decision last September, new winter bike (old one knackered) or invest in TTS4 and a Neo to replace my old I-Magic. I made the right choice, anyone who has gone from a tyre on roller trainer to direct drive would never go back.
Neo Smart
TTS4 4.22.6.0
TDA
Windows 10 64bit
4Gb Memory

DRBA22

Re: TDA Go Live this week

Post by DRBA22 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:30 pm

Having read the posts on the Forum, I now know what happened to the Tony Martin ride that I did on Sunday.
Have just completed Dinant to Namur, and so I have decided to sign up for the monthly subscription.
It's a good flat course with stupid pedestrians, a prat on a hybrid bike, the lady in the silver Merc Vivo that keeps stalking me (Almeria) and finally a nice climb at the end. I like the way that Phil has gone back down the climb to take in the view.

Tacx Video Production

Post by Tacx Video Production » Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:46 pm

DRBA22 wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:30 pm
Having read the posts on the Forum, I now know what happened to the Tony Martin ride that I did on Sunday.
Have just completed Dinant to Namur, and so I have decided to sign up for the monthly subscription.
It's a good flat course with stupid pedestrians, a prat on a hybrid bike, the lady in the silver Merc Vivo that keeps stalking me (Almeria) and finally a nice climb at the end. I like the way that Phil has gone back down the climb to take in the view.
I had to think "is she in this one also?" & then remembered she is parked on the final climb! We have a film of the Etape du Tour 2018 - Col de la Colombiere & if you pay attention at the top you can see her fall off a cliff :wink: (she was ok just some road rash)

Tony Martin will return its back in testing after a quick checkup

Tommo

Post by Tommo » Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:59 pm

I also rode the Dinant to Namur ride and the video quality is fantastic. Lots of things to 'dodge'; cars, dogs, ducks, geese, bikes, peds, fishermen and fishing rods!
DRBA22, I think it a bit unfair to call the pedestrians stupid as I'm not sure they expect to see a motorbike coming down the towpath at that speed! I thought the 'prat on a hybrid bike' was quite amusing, fair play to him for trying to outpace Bertha. It all added to the fun apart from the fly that video-bombed at 15k!
Its a shame the descent at the end was slowed up by the oncoming 'train' and cars and I nearly fell off my bike when the film slowed and suddenly shot right to take in the view at the very end!
The video certainly showcases the NEO's road feel capability, faithfully simulating the bumpety bumps and adding a bit more resistance over the different surfaces, block pave, concrete sections, gravel, flagstones and finally the cobbles up the climb.
Neo Smart
TTS4 4.22.6.0
TDA
Windows 10 64bit
4Gb Memory

Tommo

Post by Tommo » Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:52 pm

Ha Ha, I had no idea, still a formidable 2 wheeled vehicle! Batteries for filming and drive assist I presume?
Neo Smart
TTS4 4.22.6.0
TDA
Windows 10 64bit
4Gb Memory

Tacx Video Production

Post by Tacx Video Production » Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:40 pm

Tommo wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:52 pm
Ha Ha, I had no idea, still a formidable 2 wheeled vehicle! Batteries for filming and drive assist I presume?
HaHa yes Batteries for nearly everything on that thing, yes Mr Bosch helps us go at a good speed!

Some images of whats in testing this week

Tacx Video Production

Post by Tacx Video Production » Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:01 pm

Image :wink: filming the short roadfeel hill demo in TDA in the UK :wink:

mcorn

Post by mcorn » Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:09 pm

I enjoyed Dinant to Namur as well.

I noticed that the number of videos I could download maxxed out (received an error message that no more would be allowed until next month).

Other than that, video downloading went well and was pretty fast. My ISP recently raised download speed to about 200 Mbps.

Return to “Tacx Desktop app (TDA)”