TDA Feedback

https://www.microsoft.com/nl-be/store/p ... 40kx?rtc=1

Moderators: mcorn, malfukt, Nasz, Lunatix

Mickb

Re: TDA Feedback

Post by Mickb » Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:26 pm

I get the impression Tacx feels it's safer to have regular real world users testing this stuff fully this time than to get the bad reviews that have been so common in the past. I'm happy they are taking their time and obviously want to get this right.
Would be nice to have the option of testing some other videos for variety though. Got a bit stale with ones which have been offered from the start. Just a thought! :) :wink:

wasupwitdat1

Post by wasupwitdat1 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:01 pm

Yeah, you're right, it wouldn't hurt anything IMHO to release a few more videos. What do you say Tacx, I know you read these Forums, why don't you help us out since we aren't charging you to test the product. :lol:
NEO W2017
TTS4 4.22.7.0
Sony 49X900E 4K TV
Gigabyte G1 Sniper M3 Mobo
Intel i7 3770 @ 3.9 GHz
16Gb Ram @ 1600 MHz
Nvidia GTX 980 4095 GDDR5 Mem
Samsung 840 Pro 256G Hard Drive
Corsair 860 PSU
Windows 7 64bit Home Premium

Tacx Video Production

Post by Tacx Video Production » Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:38 pm

wasupwitdat1 wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:01 pm
Yeah, you're right, it wouldn't hurt anything IMHO to release a few more videos. What do you say Tacx, I know you read these Forums, why don't you help us out since we aren't charging you to test the product. :lol:
Will find out on Thursday whats going on...Im actually meeting some of Tacx after all these months of silence. We have a lot of films that are sitting there in RLV Beta which is a hidden part of TDA (total is about 100 now). I guess it maybe related to costs as its fairly expensive to release a ride if there is no income at all & a large number of testers. Even my costs have doubled since we started TDA & I have only about 8 testers...its the shear number of rides being pushed through..its a lot of bandwidth.

wasupwitdat1

Post by wasupwitdat1 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:25 pm

I have had no problems with two of the videos so far but the third one I tried, Ghent City Trip will not work properly after the 6 mile marker. First time I had an issue, road feel was enabled. I never used Road Feel before and I was stunned when it kicked in and my bike start kicking wildly. With the help in these forums I found where to decrease the feel. I turned it all the way down to zero %. Today I tried the ride again and right about 6 miles in the Neo lost all pedaling power control from the App. I stopped and started the same ride again from the beginning and rode for less than a mile and everything was normal feeling again, so the problem has to be with the Ghent City Trip download. I sent the report to Tacx.

Update
I deleted the Ghent City Trip video from my PC then re-downloaded in 1080p within the App again. I was able to complete the ride without issues this time. It ran perfectly. I did not try the Road Feel and I won't be trying it because I don't like it. So it is evident that the download process can go wrong and one may not know if they have a problem until the problem shows up which could be far well into the training ride. Food for thought, when I select that route to ride the saved rides that were done in the past display from the cloud. What happens if I try to use one of those saved rides that had corrupted data with a good downloaded route. I guess I'll have to test this to find out.
NEO W2017
TTS4 4.22.7.0
Sony 49X900E 4K TV
Gigabyte G1 Sniper M3 Mobo
Intel i7 3770 @ 3.9 GHz
16Gb Ram @ 1600 MHz
Nvidia GTX 980 4095 GDDR5 Mem
Samsung 840 Pro 256G Hard Drive
Corsair 860 PSU
Windows 7 64bit Home Premium

Johrider

Post by Johrider » Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:33 pm

Hi
Just started using the TDA and I really like the graphics and "widgets" and how the training data is displayed during the ride. The 1080 video quality is great. (I use a projector and it looks awesome!)
I have an issue. The one ride that I downloaded and rode, did not save to my Cloud account. It was the "Training with Tony Martin" (I mainly ride RLV's on the TTS4 Platform with a Flux trainer)
I sent in a support request to Taxc through the TDA and got a reply back from them that they are looking into it.
I later downloaded the "Ghent City Trip" video and tried it. That video saved to my cloud account and then into Strava. So I thought that the issue has been solved via software update or something else. I rode the Tony Martin video again, and it did not save to my Cloud account. I sent in another support request explaining what happened, that the one video saved and the other on didn't. I got a reply early this week that they are looking at the issue, but I haven't heard anything since.
Has anyone else had this issue? Or any suggestions to try to fix this....
Thanks
Jeff

miannini

Post by miannini » Mon Apr 09, 2018 4:20 pm

Got a smart-genius borrowed from a friend and paid monthly subscription. WOW! I'm totally blasted by the quality of the videos I've done so far! Vastly superior to TTS in quality and frames-per-second. Now it really feel like riding the bicycle at the real place. Also noticed that the gradients and inertia seems much more realistic. In TTS, I always had that feeling that the hills were a little "over", harder than real life (did some rides in the same courses and in real life was 10-15% easier than TTS).

Please make this damm program compatible with older Tacx-ANT+ trainers!

Edgarini

Post by Edgarini » Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:05 am

miannini wrote:
Mon Apr 09, 2018 4:20 pm
Got a smart-genius borrowed from a friend and paid monthly subscription. WOW! I'm totally blasted by the quality of the videos I've done so far! Vastly superior to TTS in quality and frames-per-second. Now it really feel like riding the bicycle at the real place. Also noticed that the gradients and inertia seems much more realistic. In TTS, I always had that feeling that the hills were a little "over", harder than real life (did some rides in the same courses and in real life was 10-15% easier than TTS).

Please make this damm program compatible with older Tacx-ANT+ trainers!
Yes....TDA is a vast improvement in terms of interface and video quality. From the buzz I've read, I wouldn't hold my breath on TDA becoming ANT+ compatible in the near future. The inertia issue, though, is probably a reflection of the Genius trainer itself, as it's vastly superior to my previous Bushido in TTS4 itself due to the power input in this respect. Genius Smarts can be had relatively cheap now.

Return to “Tacx Desktop app (TDA)”