T1911 with excessive vibration

This section is for 110 Volt users all over the world USA/Canada for example

Moderators: malfukt, mcorn, Tacx Moderator, Nasz

FerDoirich

T1911 with excessive vibration

Post by FerDoirich » Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:27 am

I'm the proud owner of a new iFlow MP which will soon replace my older iMagic. I must admit that the amount of vibration that I'm getting out of the new brake is rather disconcerting. The old motor brake was fairly smooth and quiet but the new one vibrates like a very rough road at anything over about 30k. I'm concerned that this thing is going to damage itself its that bad. The first brake on the new i Flow burned out and had to be returned. Now the second brake is even worse for vibration. I can see that the chromed flywheel is not completely true and is probably the source of the vibration. Has anyone else experienced this? if its par for the course,I'll just suck it up and buy some rubber mats and better gloves. Has anyone pursued this with service? It seems odd that I'd get 2 brakes in a row with the same problem!

mcorn

Re: T1911 with excessive vibration

Post by mcorn » Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:49 pm

I would get a replacement. This should be the smoothest of all the Tacx electronic trainers. I still use my original Imagic for that reason.

FerDoirich

Re: T1911 with excessive vibration

Post by FerDoirich » Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:10 am

Thanks for your thoughts mcorn. I will take your advice. I agree with you that the original i Magics are amazing! I certainly see a difference in the quality from my imagic brake to both of the new iflow brakes. It might be worthwhile to get the i Magic brake fixed.

Return to “110V Fortius - Cosmos”