Problem with power supply... I think

This section is for 110 Volt users all over the world USA/Canada for example

Moderators: malfukt, mcorn, Tacx Moderator, Nasz

wwfkilla

Problem with power supply... I think

Post by wwfkilla » Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:19 pm

I work in a bike shop and we have installed a Fortius so customers can try it beforre they buy it. Everything was working fine but last week, a customer broke the power supply's connector that goes into the motorbreak.

We ordered a power supply from our tacx distributor but when I tried to reinstall it, it wont work. The start button in RLV is greyed and I can't do anything. Also, calibrating the motorbreak in the options is impossible.

Software is updated to version 2.0.4, the drivers are installed and are working, usb connectivity is ok.

Any one can help me ?

mcorn

Re: Problem with power supply... I think

Post by mcorn » Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:51 pm

wwfkilla wrote:I work in a bike shop and we have installed a Fortius so customers can try it beforre they buy it. Everything was working fine but last week, a customer broke the power supply's connector that goes into the motorbreak.

We ordered a power supply from our tacx distributor but when I tried to reinstall it, it wont work. The start button in RLV is greyed and I can't do anything. Also, calibrating the motorbreak in the options is impossible.

Software is updated to version 2.0.4, the drivers are installed and are working, usb connectivity is ok.

Any one can help me ?
How old was the original unit. About 18 months ago, Tacx revised the 110 volt systems and you can mix the old and new power supply (silver box) and resistance unit.

wwfkilla

Post by wwfkilla » Tue Jan 19, 2010 5:48 am

I think the original unit is 3-4 years old but I don't know how old the new power supply they sent is. it's the 1946.50 model

aarond

Post by aarond » Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:34 am

If you look on the bottom of the power supply if it's the newer one you'll see 110V v2 on a white sticker. If you have the older motorbrake you'll need the new one to match the newer power supply.

mcorn

Post by mcorn » Tue Jan 19, 2010 5:01 pm

Old power supplies are no longer even available, so if you just purchased a new one, you almost certainly have the current model.

wwfkilla

Post by wwfkilla » Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:49 pm

aarond wrote:If you look on the bottom of the power supply if it's the newer one you'll see 110V v2 on a white sticker. If you have the older motorbrake you'll need the new one to match the newer power supply.
there is no v2 sitcker on my power supply.
mcorn wrote:Old power supplies are no longer even available, so if you just purchased a new one, you almost certainly have the current model.
my motorbrake model is T1941 and my power supply model is T1946.50. Are they compatible ? If they are, any ideas why my fortius is not recognized by the software ?

mcorn

Post by mcorn » Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:39 pm

I think the best way to resolve the compatibility issue is to call the distributor. Not sure who gives the advice in Canada, but in the US, Ochsner has good support staff who can answer questions.

There is a fuse located at the power input. If the fuse is blown, there is probably something defective in the power supply (silver box). Perhaps the component that was not replaced was bad as well.

aarond

Post by aarond » Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:12 am

I'm by no means an expert; I've only had mine 2 weeks or so now.

My powersupply shows 1946.50 and has a v2 sticker on the bottom. My motorbrake shows it's a T1946.

I would do what mcorn said and reach out to one of the distributors or tacx directly for clarification.

Snugship0

Post by Snugship0 » Tue Dec 31, 2013 11:11 pm

hi i have the same problem just now with the powersupply,

do i return it to tacx for repair

regards
Hugh

mcorn

Post by mcorn » Wed Jan 01, 2014 12:47 am

Snugship0 wrote:hi i have the same problem just now with the powersupply,

do i return it to tacx for repair

regards
Hugh
The units are not repairable. So, if it is out of warranty, you need to look for a new replacement (they are expensive).

Return to “110V Fortius - Cosmos”