Info on www.tacxvr.com -> INTERACTIVE

Questions and information about the Tacx.com website.

Moderators: Tacx support, mcorn, Tacx Moderator, malfukt, Nasz

Fortius Magical Man

Info on www.tacxvr.com -> INTERACTIVE

Post by Fortius Magical Man » Fri Dec 05, 2008 11:40 am

Check you MP activities, download new jersey's, chat with eachother and change your account
Download and upload new routes or challenge other riders.

Go to
www.tacxvr.com -> VR interactive
Log-in with your e-mail address
Standard password is: 123456

Change you password and enjoy the ride
Remark

Additional info
1. The agenda time is you local time. So everybody will see his own time. make sure that witin settings you correct your local time settings
2. You need to use your mail address that you have filled in when you pressed Multiplayer (then INFO). Everybody who have been on Multiplayer (even for the 4 month trial) will already have an account
3. To make you account visible for other in the search profile, smark in your visible accountprofile: public profile

asauma

LOADING RLV RUNS

Post by asauma » Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:53 pm

Anyone knows how to load RLV runs(from Bikenet) into the Fortius Software ?

Wesp

Re: LOADING RLV RUNS

Post by Wesp » Tue Dec 09, 2008 11:14 pm

asauma wrote:Anyone knows how to load RLV runs(from Bikenet) into the Fortius Software ?
Tacx 1902 I-magic "Multiplayer", Bushido & Genius Multiplayer
Fortius software 2.04/TTS 3/TTS4
Netathlon 1, 2, 2 XF for cycling
MS Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bits SP1
Intell Core i7-3770 CPU, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660

Morten Christiansen

Post by Morten Christiansen » Tue Dec 09, 2008 11:18 pm

I managed to import a catalyst-file from bikenet into the analyser. It worked well but now I want to run this particular program in my fortius software e.i. I want it to appear as a program in catalyst which I can choose among just like the other programs I made myself.

How to progress?

BR, Morten

asauma

Post by asauma » Wed Dec 10, 2008 2:40 pm

I have the same questions myself ? How can we add the runs to Catalyst ?

Rein

Post by Rein » Wed Dec 10, 2008 3:03 pm

1) Download a caf-file (= a saved ride done in rlv or Catalyst) and save it in analyzer\import folder.
2) Start Analyzer
3) In Analyzer, choose File-Import
4) Select the file and click import.

After doing this, start Fortius and go to Catalyst.

Important to know several situations can happen:
-if it's a caf-file done with a rlv, and you don't have that rlv installed, you'll see it in Analyzer but won't see it in the Fortius-software
-if it's a caf-file done with Catalyst, but you don't have the corresponding pgmf-file, you'll see it in analyzer but again won't see it in fortius.
-if it's a caf-file done with rlv or Catalyst and you have the particular rlv/Catalyst-program on your computer, you will see it as an opponent for the that particular rlv resp. catalyst-program.
-if it's a caf-file done with a rlv you have, but it's a newly created ride (not one of the standard rides of that rlv), you will see it in the ride-list of that particular rlv.

Hope this helps.

Morten Christiansen

Post by Morten Christiansen » Wed Dec 10, 2008 10:09 pm

Hi Rein,

Thanks for your comprehensive explaination. This is what I can conclude:

Unless you are the proud owner of a RLV and you are able to find a corresponding run on bikenet you'll not have any use of the downloaded file.

Runs produced in catalyst and uploaded to bikenet are useless to the rest of the users unless the users have access to the actual program.

What is it about bikenet I don't understand or is this just a huge bunch of bullshit?

BR, Morten

Rein

Post by Rein » Wed Dec 10, 2008 10:29 pm

Your conclusion is right.
I agree that the current concept of bikenet (the download/upload-part) it's not well thought through. Actually, I thought I was the only one who thought that the way as it currently is, it's virtually (no pun intended) useless.

asauma

Post by asauma » Wed Dec 10, 2008 10:46 pm

Hi guys,

Looks like we'll have to wait for the guys from TACX to improve the Bikenet concept (maybe allowing to upload PGMF files aswell).

Also a Bikenet Guide would be useful for all people out there that don't know how to make it work.

Regards,

Andres

Wesp

Post by Wesp » Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:42 pm

I think you should see the caf files in combination with the competitions that will be availlable soon. That way the you get a pgmf via Tacx challenge and professionals events, and caf files via run section.
Tacx 1902 I-magic "Multiplayer", Bushido & Genius Multiplayer
Fortius software 2.04/TTS 3/TTS4
Netathlon 1, 2, 2 XF for cycling
MS Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bits SP1
Intell Core i7-3770 CPU, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660

Rein

Post by Rein » Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:59 pm

I don't understand why Tacx is putting this up this way. Why re-inventing the wheel if there are good examples like the route-archive?
The list of rides currently on the Tacx-site doesn't provide any information at all. You can't see what kind of ride it is, just a name. And there isn't even a way to order the rides by name, rider, date etc.
There are already 5 pages of rides on the site. Within a few weeks there probably will be more then 20 pages.

Why releasing things that aren't ready yet. I am beginning to believe this is a bad habit of Tacx. Better wait for a while and make sure it is good.

mcorn

Post by mcorn » Thu Dec 11, 2008 12:10 am

Rein wrote:I don't understand why Tacx is putting this up this way. Why re-inventing the wheel if there are good examples like the route-archive?
The list of rides currently on the Tacx-site doesn't provide any information at all. You can't see what kind of ride it is, just a name. And there isn't even a way to order the rides by name, rider, date etc.
There are already 5 pages of rides on the site. Within a few weeks there probably will be more then 20 pages.

Why releasing things that aren't ready yet. I am beginning to believe this is a bad habit of Tacx. Better wait for a while and make sure it is good.
It's probably mostly the Version 1.0 blues.

Recognize that there are others complaining that Tacx isn't getting the stuff out quickly enough or even deliberately withholding a product.

I also thought there was a lot that Tacx could have learned from the Gamespy approach as well as the Netathlon games themselves. Not sure they have taken a careful look at either.

cantona

Post by cantona » Thu Dec 18, 2008 3:36 pm

Can I use it on the I-Magic to,because I try all the explanation you give and it dosn't work. :oops:

Fortius Magical Man

Post by Fortius Magical Man » Fri Dec 19, 2008 3:06 pm

Yes, I-magic is not a problem

The VR website is made to connect people for MP. It is now possible to go to the site and see who is online and who is not. Also the agenda is now used for planning rides and MP functions.

Also TTS is connected directly to it, so it is not ready yet

Jonny

Post by Jonny » Sat Jan 03, 2009 2:26 am

since several (!) weeks ... bikenet -> challenge -> "coming soon..."
:?

Weyhe.DK

Post by Weyhe.DK » Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:23 pm

What you need to sign up? I have registret my I-Magic and I am here to... Multiplayer? So this is only for multiplayer? I would like to wait registret my multiplayer a little :-)

Return to “Tacx website”