Cannot uninstall Tts software request deactivation of lic

Questions and information about the Tacx.com website.

Moderators: Tacx support, mcorn, Tacx Moderator, malfukt, Nasz

ghostbiker68

Cannot uninstall Tts software request deactivation of lic

Post by ghostbiker68 » Wed Dec 14, 2016 4:10 pm

Hi,

I have recently bought the Genius Trainer together with the Tts4 SW as a package.
I could succesfully install the SW on Windows system, first I installed the package from the CD-ROM and did a webupdate.
I could also activate succesfully the license.

Then I disactivated the license as I wanted to install the Tts on a different Windows PC.
So I installed succesfully the SW on this other PC, and I could activate the license key that is written on the CDROM package.

However after updating the SW with the online update, the SW keeps hanging and showing the loading progress bar without further progress, it keeps on with starting the software.

So I decided to remove the SW from this PC but now it got suck as it complains it can't uninstall completely because it has to disable the license onlie. I'm 100% sure I have valid internet. But it complains it can access the internet for disactivating the license, so it will not remove the software.

I tried this several times! Also the Tacx System Requirement SW complains it doesn't have internet access. Not at home not at my work, but once again I'm 100% sure I have online access to the internet.

Also running the Tacx System Requirement SW on a different Windows system complains it has no web access to send the report.

As I can't uninstall the Tts4 SW nor I can desactivate the license I'm stuck and I can't reinstall the SW on another machine as my license is still active on the system I can't longer use for running the Tacx Software.

What is going wrong, what can I further do? Please advice.

Thanks in advance,
Best regards,
Frank Vieren

malfukt

Re: Cannot uninstall Tts software request deactivation of li

Post by malfukt » Wed Dec 14, 2016 4:15 pm

You need software in place to deactivate licence as it is done through software interface..if your unable to do this then contact tacx support (if you have your licence key also this will expedite matters)
i7-950 Processor (4cores 3.06 GHz)
2xBIOS settings 1 overclocked to 4.3ghz
6G RAM dominator 1600Mhz
MSI NVIDIA 560 ti 1GB
CRUCIAL SSD
NEOx1 GENIUS. BUSHIDO smart
TTS beta vers 4.22.5 & TDA beta & TCA beta

ghostbiker68

Post by ghostbiker68 » Wed Dec 14, 2016 4:29 pm

Hi,

Thanks for the quick response, although it should be possible to deactive the license when doing a proper uninstall. It has become part of the uninstall program of the Tts4 software.

It seems the latest version of software does this when uninstalling the software, but mine keeps complaining it doesn't have access to the internet to do so.

I find it very strange I can't even run the Tacx System Requirement Software on a different system as it complains about the webservice not operational as I don't have internet access according to the application, but I have :).

Could it be that some Tacx server is down or a part is not operating for the moment?

Best regards,
Frank Vieren

malfukt

Post by malfukt » Wed Dec 14, 2016 5:26 pm

Check firewall etc that tacx/tts has access & not blocked
i7-950 Processor (4cores 3.06 GHz)
2xBIOS settings 1 overclocked to 4.3ghz
6G RAM dominator 1600Mhz
MSI NVIDIA 560 ti 1GB
CRUCIAL SSD
NEOx1 GENIUS. BUSHIDO smart
TTS beta vers 4.22.5 & TDA beta & TCA beta

ghostbiker68

Post by ghostbiker68 » Wed Dec 14, 2016 5:58 pm

Hi,

Good tip, but unfortunately it still doesn't solve my issue.
I completely disabled the fire wall and also I tried by allowing program Tacx Requirement Tester SW to pass the fire wall by adding it to Control Panel\System and Security\Windows Firewall\Allowed Programs.

Can you try out if the Tacx Requirement Tester SW still works at your side... ?

I get this error message:
Webservice could not be reached. Make sure that you have a working internet connection and that www.tacx.com can be reached.

Thanks,
Frank

jepsson

Post by jepsson » Wed Dec 14, 2016 6:40 pm

Same problem here : Webservice could not be reached. Make sure that you have a working internet connection and that www.tacx.com can be reached.
/Johnny

ghostbiker68

Post by ghostbiker68 » Wed Dec 14, 2016 7:14 pm

Hi Jepsson,

Thanks for confirming the issue, let's hope it is Tacx Server related...
Yesterday night the issue made me stay up long to tryout a lot but without any result... :(

Best regards,
Frank

ghostbiker68

Post by ghostbiker68 » Fri Dec 16, 2016 9:58 am

Hi all,

Problem solved after re-installing the tts4 software.
I could only reinstall the sw after manual removing it first, the uninstall program blocked when it tried to desactivate the license.

Thanks to Alex, I got the right instruction set (cleaing the Win Registry and manual removal of installation folder and the drivers for connection) for doing a manual removal of the TTS4 SW.

BTW related post :
viewtopic.php?f=68&t=32729

All have a nice weekend,
Frank

Return to “Tacx website”