cycling in gps mode

Questions and information about the Tacx.com website.

Moderators: mcorn, Tacx Moderator, malfukt, Tacx support, Nasz

dunweldj1

cycling in gps mode

Post by dunweldj1 » Sun Apr 05, 2015 11:16 am

is there a way of cycling in google street view as apposed to top view is gps mode ? thank you Darren

Nasz

Re: cycling in gps mode

Post by Nasz » Mon Apr 06, 2015 12:01 pm

Yes - get the google license, create or install a GPS route and ride
_______o
_____~\<,_
____(_)/ (_)
Train hard, ride easy

Old RLV TTS Files / RLV GE Routes / GPX Smoother / TTS4.x RLV Fix / Conconi Test / Training Plans, etc.,
http://www.lunicus.org/tacx.htm

Lunatix
Site Admin

Post by Lunatix » Wed Apr 08, 2015 11:34 am

dunweldj1 wrote:is there a way of cycling in google street view as apposed to top view is gps mode ? thank you Darren
Enable it in the Settings and then cycle through the screens with the handlebar or page up page down buttons on the keyboard

Richardjames888

Post by Richardjames888 » Thu Dec 03, 2015 12:55 am

I'm having the same problem, I've obtained a GPS licence, activated street view in settings but still can't access street view on GPS rides....any ideas??

sijray21

Post by sijray21 » Fri Feb 12, 2016 5:57 am

Richardjames888 wrote:I'm having the same problem, I've obtained a GPS licence, activated street view in settings but still can't access street view on GPS rides....any ideas??
also having the same issue...

page up/page down keys do not work. all i see is a bird's eye view. i'm simply wanting to see the elevation profile, progress there, and other metrics.

ttelmah

Post by ttelmah » Sat May 07, 2016 11:10 am

First thing, what software version are you on?.
The latest version is slightly 'odd' in the GPS mode, they have obviously got close to getting a 3D version working, and have offered it in the new version though it doesn't yet work, and does cause some oddities if selected.
So, set the map view to 2D (which is working).

Then second question. Are you sure there is a StreetView for the route you are trying to ride?.

Have you exited the software and come back in?. I've found that some of the configuration changes do not always work, till the software is restarted.

Page up/down, switches you through the screen modes, but only for the ones that are enabled/available.
Enter selects the menu.
Up/Down arrow, select the elements in a menu.

What are you actually trying to do?. Streetview is only available for an already recorded ride. Free riding only works on the map. You can draw a ride in with the 'new' option (GPS Ride), on the main menu, but this then doesn't include altitude data. So record this, then exit the software, and use an external tool to add altitude data, then ride this.

Return to “Tacx website”