Using i-genius with google

Questions and information about the Tacx.com website.

Moderators: mcorn, Tacx Moderator, malfukt, Tacx support, Nasz

cuberace2012

Using i-genius with google

Post by cuberace2012 » Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:51 am

Hi

i have had my i - genuis for a few weeks now , i have a few RLV i ride , and find them great , I have a couple of questions for you guys who know the way to get the most from the trainer ..

1 .. i paid for Google the other day .. i have a garmin edge and have uploade one of my rides , i can ride the route but with no video .. Is there a way to ride my route with video via google maps .. If so how ?

2 . i havn't put in my licence code for multi player as yet , is there a time limit as to when i need to activate it ..

Must say the i-genius is a great bit of kit , This week i have cycled round paris 3 times / Rome once and a hill section in the French alps .. I hadn't been on my bike on the road for a couple of weeks while i waited for a new frame , but it was great to have the turbo to use , I started cycling again in December at the age of 53 , my distance has been slowly moving up .. From a minimum 10 mile ride to a min of 30 now , but most rides are around 45 , did 51 yesterday , the turbo has helped so much .. I do find my wrists tend to feel sore !!

malfukt

Re: Using i-genius with google

Post by malfukt » Fri Aug 09, 2013 5:38 pm

You can ride it with GPS window (google satellite view basically) there are five views selectable via the on screen menu (bring up during ride, press centre button interface, or enter on the keyboard) this has you in various positions behind the avatar rider, close/ medium/far, also a 360degree revolving view & a top down map view,

Also if enable in settings, you can have Google `Street View` enable whilst doing GPS ride
i7-950 Processor (4cores 3.06 GHz)
2xBIOS settings 1 overclocked to 4.3ghz
6G RAM dominator 1600Mhz
MSI NVIDIA 560 ti 1GB
CRUCIAL SSD
NEOx1 GENIUS. BUSHIDO smart
TTS beta vers 4.22.5 & TDA beta & TCA beta

cuberace2012

Re: Using i-genius with google

Post by cuberace2012 » Sat Aug 10, 2013 12:38 am

Brill

thanks for the info .. i will take a look at that :D