TTS2 Resurrection?

Information about the new software 08/09

Moderators: Tacx support, mcorn, Tacx Moderator, malfukt, Nasz, Fortius Magical Man

djagerif

TTS2 Resurrection?

Post by djagerif » Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:58 pm

I found my old TTS2 CD in the cupboard and decided to fire it up. Unfortunately a very long time ago I upgraded to TTS3 and then TTS4. Now that I want to register it again I can't.

Tacx Support says they can't help me. Has anyone ever had any luck resurrecting their old TTS2 on an old XP laptop and got it to register again? I want to use it on an old Flow trainer I have lying around.

Thanks,
Ingo

mcorn

Re: TTS2 Resurrection?

Post by mcorn » Fri Jun 23, 2017 5:27 pm

djagerif wrote:
Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:58 pm
I found my old TTS2 CD in the cupboard and decided to fire it up. Unfortunately a very long time ago I upgraded to TTS3 and then TTS4. Now that I want to register it again I can't.

Tacx Support says they can't help me. Has anyone ever had any luck resurrecting their old TTS2 on an old XP laptop and got it to register again? I want to use it on an old Flow trainer I have lying around.

Thanks,
Ingo
Honestly, I would not bother with TTS1 and TTS2. They were very buggy programs with tons of problems. You would be better off using the old Fortius software with your Flow. It is a very workable solution. But the main thing is you must have 32-bit XP, which is usually the case. The drivers for the Flow are a bit tricky to get installed. The Fortius software does not require registration to work.

djagerif

Post by djagerif » Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:44 pm

I agree. I dug out my TTS3 which still works fine on the old laptop which can't go to Windows 10 either so it seems a perfect match.

mcorn

Post by mcorn » Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:10 pm

djagerif wrote:
Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:44 pm
I agree. I dug out my TTS3 which still works fine on the old laptop which can't go to Windows 10 either so it seems a perfect match.
Yes, TTS3 works pretty well. If you are interested in downloading and using the Fortius software, there is a good link on this forum and another as well. It really is a pretty nice program. Tacx has been very generous in allowing access to and postings for the old program even though they no longer support it.

viewtopic.php?f=17&t=17580

http://www.lunicus.org/tacx/Fortius.htm

(The Lunicus website is full of useful stuff.)

fragglefrid

Post by fragglefrid » Fri Sep 01, 2017 10:55 am

I do have the same problem. I do have an older but still functional windows 10 Computer and my old tacx fortius. Is there a way to get the fortius working using TT2 which is the last software I bought. I do have the original Software as well but as you said it is only 32 bit compatible.

Thanks in advance
Frank

mcorn

Post by mcorn » Fri Sep 01, 2017 5:14 pm

fragglefrid wrote:
Fri Sep 01, 2017 10:55 am
I do have the same problem. I do have an older but still functional windows 10 Computer and my old tacx fortius. Is there a way to get the fortius working using TT2 which is the last software I bought. I do have the original Software as well but as you said it is only 32 bit compatible.

Thanks in advance
Frank
As I indicated above, TTS1 and TTS2 is a complete waste of time. If you have a 32-bit Windows 10, you can get the older Fortius software for free and it works reasonably well. See the 2 links immediately above.

fragglefrid

Post by fragglefrid » Sat Sep 02, 2017 1:10 pm

Well, I tried to install the original software on my mac using virtual box as there is no other free virtualization software I know of for the mac.

I was not successful installing it as the windows 7 VM did not recognize the drivers necessary. :-(

mcorn

Post by mcorn » Sat Sep 02, 2017 6:17 pm

fragglefrid wrote:
Sat Sep 02, 2017 1:10 pm
Well, I tried to install the original software on my mac using virtual box as there is no other free virtualization software I know of for the mac.

I was not successful installing it as the windows 7 VM did not recognize the drivers necessary. :-(
If you are looking for help in getting the Fortius software to work, you should be in the VCF League forum here:

viewforum.php?f=17

I would suggest you contact KeithD or Nasz, moderators of the VCF League forum. As I recall, they are knowledgeable on VM issues.

viewtopic.php?f=17&t=17580

Also, did you see the VM instructions on this website:

http://www.lunicus.org/tacx/Fortius.htm

Finally, I wanted to confirm that you used a 32-bit version of Windows 7 and not 64-bit (which is a lot more common). 64-bit will not work due to driver issues.

fragglefrid

Post by fragglefrid » Sun Sep 03, 2017 8:03 pm

First of all, thanks for your help. I installed fortius trainer on a VM using windows xp. I got the software running but do still have problems with the drivers.

But I also contacted tacx support and they were very helpful :D :D :D The gave me a link to TTS3 and this acutally did the job.

Return to “Tacx Trainer Software 1 & 2”