TTS2 Resurrection?

Information about the new software 08/09

Moderators: malfukt, Tacx support, mcorn, Tacx Moderator, Fortius Magical Man, Nasz

djagerif

TTS2 Resurrection?

Post by djagerif » Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:58 pm

I found my old TTS2 CD in the cupboard and decided to fire it up. Unfortunately a very long time ago I upgraded to TTS3 and then TTS4. Now that I want to register it again I can't.

Tacx Support says they can't help me. Has anyone ever had any luck resurrecting their old TTS2 on an old XP laptop and got it to register again? I want to use it on an old Flow trainer I have lying around.

Thanks,
Ingo

mcorn

Re: TTS2 Resurrection?

Post by mcorn » Fri Jun 23, 2017 5:27 pm

djagerif wrote:
Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:58 pm
I found my old TTS2 CD in the cupboard and decided to fire it up. Unfortunately a very long time ago I upgraded to TTS3 and then TTS4. Now that I want to register it again I can't.

Tacx Support says they can't help me. Has anyone ever had any luck resurrecting their old TTS2 on an old XP laptop and got it to register again? I want to use it on an old Flow trainer I have lying around.

Thanks,
Ingo
Honestly, I would not bother with TTS1 and TTS2. They were very buggy programs with tons of problems. You would be better off using the old Fortius software with your Flow. It is a very workable solution. But the main thing is you must have 32-bit XP, which is usually the case. The drivers for the Flow are a bit tricky to get installed. The Fortius software does not require registration to work.

djagerif

Post by djagerif » Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:44 pm

I agree. I dug out my TTS3 which still works fine on the old laptop which can't go to Windows 10 either so it seems a perfect match.

mcorn

Post by mcorn » Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:10 pm

djagerif wrote:
Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:44 pm
I agree. I dug out my TTS3 which still works fine on the old laptop which can't go to Windows 10 either so it seems a perfect match.
Yes, TTS3 works pretty well. If you are interested in downloading and using the Fortius software, there is a good link on this forum and another as well. It really is a pretty nice program. Tacx has been very generous in allowing access to and postings for the old program even though they no longer support it.

viewtopic.php?f=17&t=17580

http://www.lunicus.org/tacx/Fortius.htm

(The Lunicus website is full of useful stuff.)

Return to “Tacx Trainer Software 1 & 2”