Want a genius multiplayer

You`re thinking about buying a Tacx product, but need a little bit more information.

Moderators: Tacx support, mcorn, Tacx Moderator, malfukt

chbstone

Want a genius multiplayer

Post by chbstone » Sat Jan 07, 2012 11:07 pm

I live in USA and want to purchase a Tacx genius multiplayer. Can this be any harder? The majority of the sales sites are overseas and when I email to make sure that I get one with correct electrical hookup for States I can't get answers. Or sites say not in stock. Or sites have genius but not multiplayer. Silly that I can't order direct from Tacx.
Any advice where to order and how to make sure the electrical stuff is correct?
stone

rgalisky

Re: Want a genius multiplayer

Post by rgalisky » Sun Jan 15, 2012 8:50 am

chbstone wrote:I live in USA and want to purchase a Tacx genius multiplayer. Can this be any harder? The majority of the sales sites are overseas and when I email to make sure that I get one with correct electrical hookup for States I can't get answers. Or sites say not in stock. Or sites have genius but not multiplayer. Silly that I can't order direct from Tacx.
Any advice where to order and how to make sure the electrical stuff is correct?
Information is very sketchy --- I would advise caution. I was set to buy today online and now I KNOW I need to confirm everything. Over the next week I will be calling the links below to try and get answers. I have already sent emails to an online store and a seller on ebay for the same thing.....I am suprised how difficult it is to find a detailed spec sheet or an owners manual

goto this link - scroll to bottom of page for USA locations
http://tacx.com/en/service/adressen/test-centres.dot

http://www.lickbike.com/searchsite.php?SEARCH=tacx

Update: I have one vendor respond with "This will work with a north American power adaptor".....This looks positive but I asked for further clarification "Is the adaptor a simple plug-in the wall adapter or do you mean a stepup transformer adapter"

To order try "evans cycle" out of the UK

rgalisky

Post by rgalisky » Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:05 pm

Response fromTACX RE Genius avaialble in North America

The Genius is not available in the USA at this time. Using an adapter will cause it to fail and there is no warranty for this. I would wait until they are available in the USA and buy the correct voltage unit. That being said, I do think they will be available until August in the USA. Sorry.

Tacx Video Production

Post by Tacx Video Production » Sat Mar 31, 2012 1:29 pm

rgalisky wrote:Response fromTACX RE Genius avaialble in North America

The Genius is not available in the USA at this time. Using an adapter will cause it to fail and there is no warranty for this. I would wait until they are available in the USA and buy the correct voltage unit. That being said, I do think they will be available until August in the USA. Sorry.
This trainer needs special hardware to work in the US which obviously has a different voltage to the EU. It needs to send those extra watts of energy back into your mains to dissipate the heat generated... a EU unit will pump out the wrong voltage for the US.

I would not listen to a EU based online shop they just want to shift a box, wait until next season there should be plenty of US 110v Genius trainers by then. Also try to buy from a local shop, it could be a few dollars more but they also will get you top notch support.

Tony Alaska USA

Post by Tony Alaska USA » Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:21 pm

The US 110 Genius is NOT available to us in the USA YET- It will be, just need to be patient- 8)
Ride Hard or Go Home

lalacurf121

Re: Want a genius multiplayer

Post by lalacurf121 » Sun Jul 26, 2015 10:29 am

the USA and buy the correct voltage unit.
gclub ผ่านเว็บ

Return to “Other Tacx products”