tacx booster T2500 Cylinder contact adjustment on rear whee

You`re thinking about buying a Tacx product, but need a little bit more information.

Moderators: malfukt, Tacx support, mcorn, Tacx Moderator

duncan9605

tacx booster T2500 Cylinder contact adjustment on rear whee

Post by duncan9605 » Sun Oct 09, 2011 2:09 pm

Hello,

i just bought a tacx booster. i really like it.., i had a different brand before.

i need to ask a very basic set up question please;-

Under the cylinder, is the blue lever, under the blue lever is an adjustment dial, which can be turned clockwise and anti clockwise.

i don't want to put any unnecessary stress on the parts...

my tyre pressure is usually 120 psi, 700x23c.

1. turning it Clockwise = less contact on the tyre, yes ?
2. how should my tyre look against the cylinder ?

Thanking you in anticipation of your guidance.

duncan9605

ps. Can someone post a youtube clip or something ?

mcorn

Post by mcorn » Sun Oct 09, 2011 3:01 pm

I haven't seen the booster, but it appears to be like other Tacx trainers, so turning the knob counterlockwise increases tension and clockwise decreases tension. You want enough tension to prevent the tire from slipping under high load. I would guess that 2 to 3 turns counterclockwise from the point at which the roller begins to touch the tire is about right. You need to release the tension lever to make these adjustments.

The tire will be indented a few millimeters, depending on tire pressure. I would maintain normal road pressure in the tire. Be sure the tire and roller are clean.

Was there a manual? It doesn't look like Tacx has posted it yet on the website.

duncan9605

Post by duncan9605 » Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:41 pm

thanks mcorn.

I had too much of a bulge in my tyre, first time, i have relaxed it as you said.

the manual is lacking in this rather rudimentary set up information.

Only 3 hours, but a very good machine, i think.

griselda

Re: tacx booster T2500 Cylinder contact adjustment on rear w

Post by griselda » Wed Oct 15, 2014 8:20 pm

Hi folks,
I am in posession of a Booster T2500 and am not sure about my settings. My bike is a racer with a 700 x 23c rear wheel. As far as I understand, I am supposed to set the resistance roll to the middle setting, opperate the lever and adjust the tensions with the tension screw. But, my back wheel is already firmly on the tension roll without the lever operated and the tensins screw totally loose. How can this be? Am I getting something totally wrong? Up now I fitted the roll on the lowest position and tightened the screw as much as possilbe. But that is clearly not ideal.

Glad for any help.

Best
Griselda

griselda

Post by griselda » Thu Oct 16, 2014 8:42 pm

Just to confirm, today I fitted the cylinder into the middle setting again and loosened the tension screw fully. My wheel is now firmly on the cylinder and operating the cylinder lever appears pretty pointless.

Best regards

mcorn

Post by mcorn » Thu Oct 16, 2014 9:36 pm

griselda wrote:Just to confirm, today I fitted the cylinder into the middle setting again and loosened the tension screw fully. My wheel is now firmly on the cylinder and operating the cylinder lever appears pretty pointless.

Best regards
Sounds like something is broken. If you need instructions or additional information, send an email to support@tacx.com

Return to “Other Tacx products”