Looking for bike support for old Sporttrack

You`re thinking about buying a Tacx product, but need a little bit more information.

Moderators: mcorn, Tacx Moderator, malfukt, Tacx support

mattand08

Looking for bike support for old Sporttrack

Post by mattand08 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 6:59 pm

Hey, folks:

Apologies if this is the wrong forum. I tried to post this in Legacy Hardware, but I didn't have permission to read/write there.

I have an old Sporttrack roller that is still going strong. I've been searching eBay, Google, et. al., for a bike support that will work with it. I realize this product is long out of production, but I was hoping that someone might be able to point me towards where a used one might be available.

I contacted Tacx if the current support for the Antares and the Galaxia were compatible, and they said no.

Thanks in advance for any help. Have a great day.

Alex Masalovich

Re: Looking for bike support for old Sporttrack

Post by Alex Masalovich » Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:40 pm

mattand08 wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 6:59 pm
I contacted Tacx if the current support for the Antares and the Galaxia were compatible, and they said no.
Directly, maybe this is incompatible. But after a small modification it may well become compatible. I guess so.
Тренируйтесь много, отдыхайте ещё больше!

mattand08

Post by mattand08 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:18 pm

Alex Masalovich wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:40 pm
mattand08 wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 6:59 pm
Directly, maybe this is incompatible. But after a small modification it may well become compatible. I guess so.
Hey, Alex. Thanks for the reply.

I was wondering that myself. Problem is I don't want to go through the hassle of buying the newer support, and then trying to sell it if the mod doesn't work.

Of course, my other option is to get better at the rollers, LOL.

Thanks again.

Alex Masalovich

Post by Alex Masalovich » Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:58 pm

Let's argue together. As far as I understand, if you use a support, then the rotation of the front roller is generally not required. So, nothing will prevent you from putting the support right on the floor. Or maybe put something for stability and height.
Тренируйтесь много, отдыхайте ещё больше!

mattand08

Post by mattand08 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 3:01 am

Alex Masalovich wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:58 pm
Let's argue together. As far as I understand, if you use a support, then the rotation of the front roller is generally not required. So, nothing will prevent you from putting the support right on the floor. Or maybe put something for stability and height.
Not a bad idea, but I'm not that handy, and I don't want risk my safety if I do something wrong.

It might be easier to try to sell the Sporttrack for like €30 and then just invest in newer equipment.

Appreciate the help!

professorai

Post by professorai » Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:18 am

I just put a t1150 front wheel support one up on ebay https://www.ebay.com/itm/TACX-Front-whe ... 3633855557. But I agree that its unlikely to be modifiable for a different set of rollers than antares or galaxia.

Return to “Other Tacx products”