will the vortex do this for me

You`re thinking about buying a Tacx trainer, but don`t know witch one.

Moderators: mcorn, Tacx Moderator, malfukt, Tacx support

boatman

will the vortex do this for me

Post by boatman » Thu Oct 01, 2015 10:33 pm

I am currently using a KK mag trainer with trainer road. I have powertap on rearhub, and garmin cadence sensor along with ant+usb on my computer. Works ok, but i have to try to dial in my resistance for each stage that trainerroad wants my power level to be.

I was looking at the vortex, and was wondering if with this trainer and my current setup, trainerroad can control how much resistance I need to be at to meet the power levels specified.

thanks.

Lunatix
Site Admin

Re: will the vortex do this for me

Post by Lunatix » Fri Oct 02, 2015 1:22 pm

boatman wrote:I am currently using a KK mag trainer with trainer road. I have powertap on rearhub, and garmin cadence sensor along with ant+usb on my computer. Works ok, but i have to try to dial in my resistance for each stage that trainerroad wants my power level to be.

I was looking at the vortex, and was wondering if with this trainer and my current setup, trainerroad can control how much resistance I need to be at to meet the power levels specified.

thanks.
You'll need a Vortex SMART version. This can then be connected using FE-C and i think Trainerroad will work with FE-C and controlling the brakes.

Return to “What trainer is best for me?”