Noise levels with smart trainers

You`re thinking about buying a Tacx trainer, but don`t know witch one.

Moderators: malfukt, Tacx support, mcorn, Tacx Moderator

Mark Hewitt

Noise levels with smart trainers

Post by Mark Hewitt » Mon Sep 14, 2015 12:38 pm

At the moment I'm torn between a trainer which has the best smart features, and one which is super quiet - I don't have the budget for the Neo unfortunately.

The ones I'm considering are Vortex Smart, Bushido Smart and Genius Smart. Are there any differences in the noise output between these three, or are they broadly comparible? Is there anything else I need to consider here?

Lunatix
Site Admin

Re: Noise levels with smart trainers

Post by Lunatix » Mon Sep 14, 2015 2:08 pm

Mark Hewitt wrote:At the moment I'm torn between a trainer which has the best smart features, and one which is super quiet - I don't have the budget for the Neo unfortunately.

The ones I'm considering are Vortex Smart, Bushido Smart and Genius Smart. Are there any differences in the noise output between these three, or are they broadly comparible? Is there anything else I need to consider here?
We have all 3 running here and i don't really notice all that much difference in noise for those 3 trainers apart from when the Genius goes downhill, this makes more noise than the other trainers as the motorbrake is going "fast" :-)

For us , at a company, this is not that loud :-) but i'll let users share their experience with real life environments

Mark Hewitt

Post by Mark Hewitt » Mon Sep 14, 2015 3:15 pm

Thanks for that. I assumed that the noise would be similar with all of them, so at least I can rule that out as a point of comparison.

Does the Genius Smart support ANT+FE/C it's a bit of confused message as to if it does?

ms6073

Post by ms6073 » Mon Sep 14, 2015 3:22 pm

We have 2 legacy Bushido T1980, a Bushido Smart T2780, and an iGenius 2020 and when used with a good quality trainer tire, they are all relatively quiet but no where near silent as they get louder as training intensity/rear wheel RPM increases. From a best bang for the buck, I would recommend the Bushido Smart but for the most performance, the Genius SMART offers the biggest load capabilities in terms of high power/resistance on steep climbs in RLV's, As for ANT+ FE-C, the Genius SMART is brand new and any of the Smart trainers manufactured in the last 20-30 days will already include the ANT+ FE-C protocol in the firmware but older stock of the Vortex and Bushido Smart will need a firmware update.
TTS 4.19.1 | T2800 NEO Smart [formerly Bushido & Fortius]
MSI GS70 Laptop | Windows 10 x64
Intel Core i7-4710HQ 2.40 GHz | 16 Gb DDR3 1600 MHz
GeForce GTX 870M | 256 GB SSD x 2 RAID 0 + 1 TB HDD
Samsung 32" LED TV

Return to “What trainer is best for me?”