Thinking of giving Tacx a go

General Questions

Moderators: mcorn, Tacx Moderator, malfukt, Steve Newton, Tacx support, Fortius Magical Man, Nasz

Steve....

Thinking of giving Tacx a go

Post by Steve.... » Sat Mar 09, 2019 1:12 pm

I've been using Zwift the last few months but want to try out some of its competitors, I have a 30 day trial of tacx premium that I haven't activated yet but am confused about what this will give me access to, the main thing I can see myself doing is riding different video routes will i have access to this or do the videos need to be bought seperately? Are any races available?
What's the difference between tacx desktop software and tacx training app?
I've used the free tacx app on my phone for a quick test but that's not going to hold my attention for long.
So what do you think, worth giving Tacx a try or am I better looking at some of the others, I have a long list of apps to try out all of which have a free trial period.

Tacx Video Production

Re: Thinking of giving Tacx a go

Post by Tacx Video Production » Sat Mar 09, 2019 4:27 pm

The subscription will give you to free access to about 180 Cinema Camera filmed routes, this number is increasing all the time, just this last week 3 new climbs from Tenerife were added, but over the last winter, we have averaged a new ride released about every 3 days. You also can upload & ride your own GPS routes via a 3D maps option & have free access to workouts designed by actual Pro team coaches. Here is a map of where you can ride today https://worldmap.tacx.com/ scroll in & you can see the actual roads/tracks filmed, click a route to see a little more info about the ride.

mcorn

Post by mcorn » Sat Mar 09, 2019 5:17 pm

Be aware that there is a limit of 30 video downloads per month, which is actually pretty generous.

Steve....

Post by Steve.... » Sun Mar 10, 2019 1:51 pm

Sounds good to me, thanks for your help, will give it a try in a few days once Zwift membership expires.

Return to “General”