TDA

General Questions

Moderators: Steve Newton, Tacx support, mcorn, Tacx Moderator, malfukt, Nasz, Fortius Magical Man

polar_ninja

TDA

Post by polar_ninja » Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:27 pm

When is it available :?: :?: :?: :!: :!: :!: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
2 Tacx T2800 NEO's & TTS4. COPLATE Rocking plate
Windows 10 Pro
Intel Core i7 7700K 4-core (8 threads) 4,2Ghz; Nvidia Geforce GTX 1070 8GB GDDR5; 250GB SSD; 16GB RAM
Philips 4K 43inch
SportTracks, Strava, Garmin Connect, Veloviewer

sgarnier

Re: TDA

Post by sgarnier » Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:59 am

soon

wasupwitdat1

Post by wasupwitdat1 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:56 pm

As is the usual time for Tacx to release a new program, it will be right before the Christmas Holidays most likely. I remember this because Tacx goes on break during this time and you can't get support for the bugs that always come with it. :lol: :lol: :lol:
NEO W2017
TTS4 Ves 4.22.4.0
Panasonic 42" Plasma
Gigabyte G1 Sniper M3 Mobo
Intel i7 3770 @ 3.9 GHz
16Gb Ram @ 1600 MHz
Nvidia GTX 980 4095 Mb Mem
Samsung 840 Pro 256G Hard Drive
Corsair 860 PSU
Windows 7 Home Premium

malfukt

Post by malfukt » Sun Oct 01, 2017 10:05 pm

It is open beta at moment, request was on FB last week for 100 people to test the version that is due for release..
i7-950 Processor (4cores 3.06 GHz)
2xBIOS settings 1 overclocked to 4.3ghz
6G RAM dominator 1600Mhz
MSI NVIDIA 560 ti 1GB
CRUCIAL SSD
NEOx1 GENIUS. BUSHIDO smart
TTS beta vers 4.22.5 & TDA beta & TCA beta

wasupwitdat1

Post by wasupwitdat1 » Mon Oct 02, 2017 3:15 am

Request for Beta testers posted on Facebook. What kind of Sheot is that? Why wouldn't they post in these Forums? Seem like a sneaky move to hide something. I myself am one of those people that don't use Facebook. I'm sure there are many many other Tacx users that don't use it also. So why did they choose Facebook to call out for Beta testers? That sucks.
NEO W2017
TTS4 Ves 4.22.4.0
Panasonic 42" Plasma
Gigabyte G1 Sniper M3 Mobo
Intel i7 3770 @ 3.9 GHz
16Gb Ram @ 1600 MHz
Nvidia GTX 980 4095 Mb Mem
Samsung 840 Pro 256G Hard Drive
Corsair 860 PSU
Windows 7 Home Premium

Alex Masalovich

Post by Alex Masalovich » Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:28 am

Hilko Schravenhoff
September 25

Want to be a tester

The new Tacx Desktop application is going to its final phase. The beta-test Tacx is looking for Tacx users to test the Tacx Desktop application. This is a video application, based on subscription fee where you can download all the videos Tacx has. Are you “smart” driven, have a Windows 10 pc (Mac version will come later) and a Bluetooth 4.0 connection and internet connection.

Register at: https://rink.hockeyapp.net/recruit/fd13 ... 9e425cb7f4

This is called the hockeyapp and Tacx uses this for testing purposes.

It will help if you also have external devices, like Bluetooth speed/cadence sensors and heartrate belts in combination of the Tacx trainers.
If you do not have a Bluetooth connection on your PC, you can also purchase any Bluetooth dongle 4.0 for your PC.

Just one comment. Tacx will make some selections of the registrations to see who has the perfect setup for the testing. So it is not possible to accept everybody for the first test runs (and im not making the selections lol).

Update. I think the registrations are closed. Tacx received a looooooootttt of registrations so thank you very much. If some special situations setups are needed it will be mentioned here
It seems that the TDA only works via Bluetooth. It was also reported that the app doesn't provide the competition with opponents:
September 28

Steph Garnier
Where are the opponents ?

Pål Kristoffer Sørvoll
No opponents in beta-version.

Steph Garnier
No opponent = no fun
Source: https://www.facebook.com/groups/TacxNeoOwners/
Тренируйтесь много, отдыхайте ещё больше!

malfukt

Post by malfukt » Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:36 am

On opponents situation, in 'Tacx CLOUD' users need the email that there friends created there account with so they can search for them in 'COMMUNITY' tab of cloud, then request to follow for when opponents implemented.
6G RAM dominator 1600Mhz
MSI NVIDIA 560 ti 1GB
CRUCIAL SSD

Niek

Post by Niek » Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:43 pm

wasupwitdat1 wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2017 3:15 am
Request for Beta testers posted on Facebook. What kind of Sheot is that? Why wouldn't they post in these Forums? Seem like a sneaky move to hide something. I myself am one of those people that don't use Facebook. I'm sure there are many many other Tacx users that don't use it also. So why did they choose Facebook to call out for Beta testers? That sucks.
+1
:shock: :shock:

why not post it on the forum? Latest 'news by tacx' post dates Feb 2017??? That's the post about announcements on new products, etc. The place to drop some info for Beta testing
A lot of disrespect by Tacx to bypass this forum and the forummembers.
So stupid....

Niek

Post by Niek » Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:14 pm

Alex Masalovich wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:28 am
It seems that the TDA only works via Bluetooth
Okay, could someone explain some more please? I have a NEO Smart and recent bought TTS4 advanced /ANT+ dongle set for my Windows 10 desktop. All is working well. What do i need to change - buy - if i want to use TDA (except for TDA Fee)? BTW any thoughts on the TDA fee?

Thanks,

Niek

malfukt

Post by malfukt » Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:20 pm

BT transmitter/dongle (most of us use the ASUS one approx £5) BT HR belt (i use TacxHR) & your BT trainer NEO GENIUS etc

Fee is still in discussion but talk of approx €12 per month (includes every film downloaded to your PC in 720p and HD) subscription per month to use software/films..

On first release approx 30 films available, increasing monthly by 10 more.

This is NOT gospel so don't quote me :)
6G RAM dominator 1600Mhz
MSI NVIDIA 560 ti 1GB
CRUCIAL SSD

mike1033

Post by mike1033 » Mon Oct 02, 2017 5:33 pm

malfukt wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:20 pm
BT transmitter/dongle (most of us use the ASUS one approx £5) BT HR belt (i use TacxHR) & your BT trainer NEO GENIUS etc
Just BT ? Extremely shortsided idea.

What about HR belts likee great Garmin HRM Run, what about Garmin cadence sensors, smart trainers, etc. etc. ???

On top of that the ultra high monthly price with low number of videos ???

In that price you should offer multiplayer, thousands of videos that can be uploaded by members and ANT+ !!!!!

For me lack of support for the most basic ant+ system is a deal breaker as most of people is using additional ant+ equipment that works fine with any other app on the market.

Who thought that you should forgot about ant+ and instead use gimmick BT for training equipment ????

mcorn

Post by mcorn » Mon Oct 02, 2017 6:25 pm

mike1033 wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2017 5:33 pm
malfukt wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:20 pm
Just BT ? Extremely shortsided idea.

What about HR belts likee great Garmin HRM Run, what about Garmin cadence sensors, smart trainers, etc. etc. ???

On top of that the ultra high monthly price with low number of videos ???

In that price you should offer multiplayer, thousands of videos that can be uploaded by members and ANT+ !!!!!

For me lack of support for the most basic ant+ system is a deal breaker as most of people is using additional ant+ equipment that works fine with any other app on the market.

Who thought that you should forgot about ant+ and instead use gimmick BT for training equipment ????
All of these are reasonable comments as I have an investment in ANT+ hardware (as well as Polar proprietary wireless), but for some time the trend has been towards BT and away from ANT+. In terms of the wireless world, ANT+ is kind of a niche while BT tends to rule most of the world. For some reason, ANT+ got an initial foothold in athletic equipment, possibly before BT low energy was worked out. Life would have been a lot simpler if it had all started with BT. There are reasonably-priced combo speed/cadence sensors that work on both BT and ANT+ (Wahoo makes one, which I use).

malfukt

Post by malfukt » Mon Oct 02, 2017 6:44 pm

ANT+ is to be added and if read my post correctly,

'ALL films will be available, starting with approx 30 and then 10 more added each month & in HD' ...

Cannot put all films at once as imagine 1000's trying to download 100's of films on the first day :shock:
6G RAM dominator 1600Mhz
MSI NVIDIA 560 ti 1GB
CRUCIAL SSD

Niek

Post by Niek » Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:28 pm

Thanks for the info. Time to search the house for the old Wahoo HR belt and other BT stuff and wait for the Ant+ updates sooner or later.

Any idea on estimated time of arrival of TDA :P ?

Tacx Video Production

Post by Tacx Video Production » Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:22 am

I think Tacx want it out ASAP Im 100% sure of that. As for the cost & what will be available its all rumours at this time. What was said to me & what someone said at a bike show some place are both very different numbers.

The number or choice of rides available will be dependent on time but we obviously have 100s of high quality cinema camera filmed rides made since 2013 until now (Oct 2017) that are ready to upload. 30 rides are in Beta but some of these will need renaming slightly..we have another 20 very recent rides already uploaded that would have been in Beta..I think we will probably start with a choice nearer 100 rides & then have a fairly continuous stream of new rides to the collection as I upload newly filmed routes along with older routes that are ready. I think or at least I hope that your going to see new stuff more or less every time you open the app!

There will obviously be some kind of cap on the number of High Bitrate full HD rides you can download over a period...you will not be able to download everything for a monthly fee or it could cost Tacx 10x more then the subscription!!

As for Ant+ it will be added, I think I read that the delay is related to a driver for the platform that the app is built on. This driver is produced by the company that own Ant+ if for business reasons Tacx don't get the fix then I think they can find a work around but Ant+ will be in the software...for beta testing its not needed though. would be madness to not do Beta at all because of the delay.

mcorn

Post by mcorn » Tue Oct 03, 2017 5:16 pm

ANT+ is Dynastream technology, wholly-owned by Garmin.

Return to “General”