TTS3 stops responding in Intro window

Moderators: mcorn, Tacx Moderator, malfukt, Tacx support

Chris7046

TTS3 stops responding in Intro window

Post by Chris7046 » Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:34 pm

Hi guys,

Has anyone else encountered this problem yet? My TTS3 automatically crashes when I click on the Intro Tab. I can't even use the mouse to close the application, all I can do is Ctrl alt Del with the keyboard to close it.
I've only got my T1930 Fortius with TTS3 since last Thursday 18th Nov and it has always been like that so I was wondering if I am the only one in that case.
Fortius Trainer with Steering unit
TTS3.2.0
Windows XP Pro SP3
Pentium D 2.8 Ghz.
Internal memory 3.0 Ghz RAM
ATI Radeon R4350 with 1.0 Ghz RAM
HDMI connection to LG LCD TV 42"

Hubertus

Post by Hubertus » Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:40 pm

It might help greatly if you add on what kind of hardware you are running your TTS3, your operating system, level of updates you have done to your OS etc. It is clearly not a common problem otherwise there would be more commotion about it I guess so it must be, as for many, a combination of hardware/(not) upto date software and TTS3.
Hard to tell now where the problem could be.
Tacx Fortius MP (oct. 2010) on:
Pentium 4, 2.8 Ghz. (Optiplex GX 270)
Windows 7 x86, 2.5 Gb int. mem
200GB HD
ATI HD3450 (HDMI)
LG LCD TV 32'' (32LG3000)
Tacx Fortius / TTS 2.05 / TTS 3(update).10

Chris7046

Post by Chris7046 » Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:28 pm

[quote="Hubertus"]It might help greatly if you add on what kind of hardware you are running your TTS3, your operating system, level of updates you have done to your OS etc. It is clearly not a common problem otherwise there would be more commotion about it I guess so it must be, as for many, a combination of hardware/(not) upto date software and TTS3.
Hard to tell now where the problem could be.[/quote]

Hi Hubertus,

Thanks to take the time to look into my problem. My OS is XP Pro Service Pack 3. My NEC desktop runs with a Pentium D 2.80GHz with 3 GHz RAM, I upgraded the PC before buying my Trainer with an ATI Radeon R4350 1GHz RAM and a 500 watts Power supply. I downloaded the Google earth Plug in and resolved a trouble with automatic update of Microsoft. Net Framework 3.5 SP1 that came back all the time by uninstalling it and re-installing manually and it seems to work fine now.

I can run the "Schelks Demo" RLV that comes with TTS3 almost without any problem (apart that it stops for few seconds every now and again) but good picture and the brake works fine. I also had a go at a VR course and it worked very well too.

I wonder if the problem with the Intro Tab is due to the fact that my registration has not been done properly because despite the fact that I can use TTS3 when I click on the Tab "Multiplayer" I can read in Big letters " Your Internet Multiplayer License is Invalid or has expired."

I wrote to Tacx twice last week about my problem to register but I am still waiting for a reply from them.

If there was any other details you need, please let me know.
TTS3.2.0
Windows XP Pro SP3
Pentium D 2.8 Ghz.

Chris7046

Post by Chris7046 » Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:30 pm

Sorry also forgot to mention that I updated TTS3 to TTS3.01 as soon as it was available.
TTS3.2.0
Windows XP Pro SP3
Pentium D 2.8 Ghz.

Hubertus

Post by Hubertus » Wed Nov 24, 2010 2:07 pm

Chris7046 wrote: Hi Hubertus,

Thanks to take the time to look into my problem. My OS is XP Pro Service Pack 3. My NEC desktop runs with a Pentium D 2.80GHz with 3 GHz RAM, I upgraded the PC before buying my Trainer with an ATI Radeon R4350 1GHz RAM and a 500 watts Power supply. I downloaded the Google earth Plug in and resolved a trouble with automatic update of Microsoft. Net Framework 3.5 SP1 that came back all the time by uninstalling it and re-installing manually and it seems to work fine now.

I can run the "Schelks Demo" RLV that comes with TTS3 almost without any problem (apart that it stops for few seconds every now and again) but good picture and the brake works fine. I also had a go at a VR course and it worked very well too.

I wonder if the problem with the Intro Tab is due to the fact that my registration has not been done properly because despite the fact that I can use TTS3 when I click on the Tab "Multiplayer" I can read in Big letters " Your Internet Multiplayer License is Invalid or has expired."

I wrote to Tacx twice last week about my problem to register but I am still waiting for a reply from them.

If there was any other details you need, please let me know.
Hi Chris,

It doesn't look the hardware should give any problem, especially now you tell that all parts of TTS3 work without major problems except the Intro Tab (correct assumption ?)
I understand you haven't been able to register the software yet but that aside the TTS3 shouldn't crash when going to the intro tab. Has the failure to register anything to do with TTS3 internet connection ability ? You could try to set to not retrieve the latest news from Tacx with the global options and see if that makes a difference but chances are that the crash is related to the software querying the different Fortius hardware parts within the info tab (brake model, software version and the steer unit model).
I can't think of anything else right now but maybe the 'oldies' on the forum who have used all the different Tacx software for ages might have another clue...
Sorry I can't be more helpful/specific !

Cheers,
Howard
Tacx Fortius MP (oct. 2010) on:
Pentium 4, 2.8 Ghz. (Optiplex GX 270)
Windows 7 x86, 2.5 Gb int. mem
200GB HD
ATI HD3450 (HDMI)
LG LCD TV 32'' (32LG3000)
Tacx Fortius / TTS 2.05 / TTS 3(update).10

Chris7046

Post by Chris7046 » Wed Nov 24, 2010 2:38 pm

"I understand you haven't been able to register the software yet but that aside the TTS3 shouldn't crash when going to the intro tab. Has the failure to register anything to do with TTS3 internet connection ability ? You could try to set to not retrieve the latest news from Tacx with the global options and see if that makes a difference but chances are that the crash is related to the software querying the different Fortius hardware parts within the info tab (brake model, software version and the steer unit model)."

Hi Howard,

Strange enough I received sometime messages telling me there was no connection to Internet (when there was a connection), but that was after the registration process. What I did to bypass the registration problem was to completely uninstall and re-install TTS 3. I read afterwards in the Forum that by doing so the software would not recognise my License number anymore but it was too late and anyway TTS3 was not recognising my License number when I installed it the First time. I am still waiting for Tacx reply to my emails about this.

I was advised by someone else on this Forum to turn off "latest news from Tacx" in TTS3 to try to tackle the Intro Tab problem but that didn't work.

TTS3 recognises my brake ID and the Interface ID so there is a good connection with the hardware I think.

Thanks for your suggestion anyway. This kind of trouble can only be resolved by trying different ways.

If anyone else has got an idea about this I would be very grateful to hear from you.
TTS3.2.0
Windows XP Pro SP3
Pentium D 2.8 Ghz.

5bikes

Post by 5bikes » Wed Nov 24, 2010 6:19 pm

Chris, the message
" Your Internet Multiplayer License is Invalid or has expired."
has nothing to do with your TTS3 license, but with your webracing license.
That is different, but I believe that currently the trainers are sold together with TTS3 and a 1year webracing license.
Just looka at Bikenet (hopefully you have registered there) on your profile and check whther you see there that your license for webracing is valid.
But this should not have anything to do with your crash issue.
AMD Athlon(tm) II X4 630
8GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GT520
WIN10 Pro 64Bit

Chris7046

Post by Chris7046 » Thu Nov 25, 2010 1:44 pm

[quote="5bikes"]Chris, the message
" Your Internet Multiplayer License is Invalid or has expired."
has nothing to do with your TTS3 license, but with your webracing license.
That is different, but I believe that currently the trainers are sold together with TTS3 and a 1year webracing license.
Just looka at Bikenet (hopefully you have registered there) on your profile and check whther you see there that your license for webracing is valid.
But this should not have anything to do with your crash issue.[/quote]

Hi 5bikes,

Thanks for highlighting this to me. You are right I never managed to register with BikeNet despite many attempts even when trying the "Forgot your password" link. A Red message on the top of the screen appears:
"Sorry ......@ntlworld.com is not recognised as a user name or an email address."
In the User profile screen of TTS3 I ticked the box "Also connect to Tacxvr.com database" and entered twice a password but when I click save at bottom of screen I receive an error message: "Error while uploading user. The new password was not saved."

I wrote this morning to Tacx about this, that could be the reason why I can't use Multiplayer.

Thanks for your help.

Chris
TTS3.2.0
Windows XP Pro SP3
Pentium D 2.8 Ghz.

Return to “Archives”