Can't Install 3.01

Moderators: mcorn, Tacx Moderator, malfukt, Tacx support

rventuri

Can't Install 3.01

Post by rventuri » Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:32 am

Anyone else using Windows 7 32-Bit having trouble installing the 3.01 update.

I have tried several times now, and each time it downloads successfully, tries to run then gives me the following error message:

THE APPLICATION WAS UNABLE TO START CORRECTLY, CLICK OK TO CLOSE THE APPLICATION.

I installed TTS3 without issue and it appears to be running fine. I even tried running the Update Application as Administrator from the TTS3 Update directory, but got the same error message as soon as the 3.01 update starts to install.

Any ideas?

nic

Post by nic » Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:01 am

I had no problem installing on the same environment (i.e. W7 32 bit) so I don't think that is the problem.

Are you trying to run the update directly from the web (you say it downloads each time)? I suggest saving the file to your local machine first, and then running the .exe locally.
AMD A8 6600K 3.9 GHz Quad Core
W10 home premium 64 bit
8GB RAM
500GB SATA HDD
NVIDIA GeForce 9500 GT 1GB graphics
LG 32" HD TV
Tacx Genius
TTS / TDA
71ml/kg/min VO2 max engine
www.nicpillinger.co.uk

rventuri

Post by rventuri » Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:30 am

I am using the Updater application run from the Updates directory of tts3. There doesn't seem to be a way to save the file locally and the run the exe. Not sure to what directory it downloads. I even tried turning off Windows UAC, still didn't work. My original installation and activation from the DVD went fine.

Hubertus

Post by Hubertus » Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:52 pm

rventuri wrote:I am using the Updater application run from the Updates directory of tts3. There doesn't seem to be a way to save the file locally and the run the exe. Not sure to what directory it downloads. I even tried turning off Windows UAC, still didn't work. My original installation and activation from the DVD went fine.
I also have done the update from a W7-x86 machine which went without problem. Did you start the updater from within TTS3 ? That is how I went to the update to 3.01.
Tacx Fortius MP (oct. 2010) on:
Pentium 4, 2.8 Ghz. (Optiplex GX 270)
Windows 7 x86, 2.5 Gb int. mem
200GB HD
ATI HD3450 (HDMI)
LG LCD TV 32'' (32LG3000)
Tacx Fortius / TTS 2.05 / TTS 3(update).10

nic

Post by nic » Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:56 pm

rventuri wrote:There doesn't seem to be a way to save the file locally and the run the exe
OK I had 3.0.1 to beta test, so maybe it was released differently to me. Sorry for misleading you!

I think your best hope will be a mail to support@tacx.nl (maybe they can provide a web link to download the update so you can run it locally). The only other thing you could try is to temporarily suspend your firewall / anti-virus software whilst you try the update - perhaps that is preventing you somehow?
AMD A8 6600K 3.9 GHz Quad Core
W10 home premium 64 bit
8GB RAM
500GB SATA HDD
NVIDIA GeForce 9500 GT 1GB graphics
LG 32" HD TV
Tacx Genius
TTS / TDA
71ml/kg/min VO2 max engine
www.nicpillinger.co.uk

rventuri

Post by rventuri » Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:05 pm

I was able to find the 78mb install file in a temp directory. I tried to execute it a variety of ways, but got the same error every time. I think the install file is corrupt. Not sure if they are using mirrors for the downloads, but something seems to be wrong with the file I am downloading.

I will email Tacx with the issue.

rventuri

Post by rventuri » Wed Nov 10, 2010 5:02 am

Finally got it to work. Had to move the downloaded tts_setup.exe file from the temp directory to the desktop and ran it from there. Not sure why it wouldn't run in the temp directory it downloaded to.

BillZ
Location: Boston, MA, sometimes Nantucket or Martha's Vineyard

won't install from automatic download

Post by BillZ » Wed Nov 10, 2010 5:24 am

I have now tried repeatedly to install the 3.01 ungrade but it just hangs up. While the instructions say that you can do it manually, I don't see how. There is no right click or other link that I can find. Help please.

rventuri

Post by rventuri » Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:42 pm

Navigate to (and I may not have it exactly righ, but you'll find it):

program files\tacx\tacxtrainersoftware3\updates\

In that folder there should be a .exe file called something like tts_updater.exe

If you are running windows 7, run it as administrator. Also, once you execute, walk away from your PC, and don't touch the mouse or keyboard or it will fail. Hopefully it will download and execute successfully.

If not (and this is what I had to do), search your PC for a file called TTS_Setup.exe. If you find it in a TEMP directory, copy to the desktop and execute from there ... that was the only way I could get it to run.

From there it ran successfully and updated TTS3 to 3.01.

Hope this helps.

Hubertus

Re: won't install from automatic download

Post by Hubertus » Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:59 pm

BillZ wrote:I have now tried repeatedly to install the 3.01 ungrade but it just hangs up. While the instructions say that you can do it manually, I don't see how. There is no right click or other link that I can find. Help please.
What kind of connection do you guys have ? Going through a proxy with your provider or something ? Can't remember faulty downloads since I got (A)DSL about 8 years ago.
Tacx Fortius MP (oct. 2010) on:
Pentium 4, 2.8 Ghz. (Optiplex GX 270)
Windows 7 x86, 2.5 Gb int. mem
200GB HD
ATI HD3450 (HDMI)
LG LCD TV 32'' (32LG3000)
Tacx Fortius / TTS 2.05 / TTS 3(update).10

BillZ
Location: Boston, MA, sometimes Nantucket or Martha's Vineyard

Post by BillZ » Sat Nov 13, 2010 6:19 am

Tried both techniques and couldn't get it to run but thanks. I'm on a Vista machine and it doesn't seem to like the tts updater or tts setup files. I'm only a comcast subscriber and have plenty of bandwidth so that is not it. Guess I'll have to wait for a direct link. Having other problems with the software which crashes as soon as I try to run a RLV. Checked the codex and updated it anyway so that is not it. No problems at all with TT2 so that is what I'm still running. All suggestions are good suggestions.

Return to “Archives”