Why upgrade to TTS3?

Moderators: mcorn, Tacx Moderator, malfukt, Tacx support

JaapW

Why upgrade to TTS3?

Post by JaapW » Sat Nov 06, 2010 8:40 pm

I bought TTS1 when it came out and did the same when TTS2 got releases last year. However, I never got to use TTS2 due to all the bugs and that's why I'm still using TTS1 now. Pretty happy with it, mostly doing RLV rides.

Now, with TTS3 out and loads of reported problems, can anybody give me any reasons why an upgrade to TTS3 would be useful? Thanks!

If TTS3 is workingly properly for you, please let it know.
Jaap Wagenvoort

cyberjunk

Post by cyberjunk » Sat Nov 06, 2010 10:41 pm

Jaap,

While there are probems with TTS3 I don't think they should not discourage you from using it. Remember, our goal is to find issues and have them addressed so we can have some of wish items in future fersions. . Let's face it, it's rare that software is bug free but that does not mean we should not use it. I think the biggest challenge here is that there are a great number of variations in hardware that cause some of the issues. Having used RRS1 and TSS2 I feel that TTS3 is on the right track but if you are happy with TTS1 then you should stay there. I for one would like to keep moving forward.

Jim

JaapW

Post by JaapW » Sun Nov 07, 2010 1:48 am

Jim,

Thanks for your answer.

Sure, moving forward is cool as is accepting that bugs in software is a normal thing.

However, I just want to be able to use and enjoy the trainer. TTS1 is working well now, but TTS2 was completely useless. I hoped that TTS3 is a huge leap forward in terms of reliability and that's what I hope to hear from people here. Otherwise, why would Tacx release TTS3 anyway?
Jaap Wagenvoort

Howsteepisit

Post by Howsteepisit » Sun Nov 07, 2010 4:25 am

I am finding TTS 3 to be much improved over TTS2, other may find differently. Loads faster, no crashes in rlts, catalyst 3d limited to where it works, no memory leakage I have been able to find.

drikkie

Post by drikkie » Sun Nov 07, 2010 7:22 pm

Jaap,

stay with TTS1 until all bugs will be fixed in TTS4 (probably next summer)

:oops: :oops: :oops:

simon44

Post by simon44 » Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:44 pm

drikkie wrote:stay with TTS1 until all bugs will be fixed in TTS4 (probably next summer)
Jaap,
And don't forget to save some euro for "free" bugs fix! This policy is just mind-blowing!
Your basic right as a consumer is to have a product replaced, repaired or to have a refund or reduction in price for any fault in the product that you were not made aware of at the time of purchase.

jimppa147

Post by jimppa147 » Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:54 pm

Jaap, I never used TTS1 but have been using TSS 2.5 for about 5 months with no great problems apart from occasional crashes in RLV. I decided to update to TTS3 following reports that this issue had been solved (I was encouraged by the bonus films of course). However, if RLVS are choppy in TTS3 for me (as others have reported), I'll probably carry on using TTS2 until an upgrade fixes that issue.

As for consumer rights, I don't get too motivated by them. There are plenty more important things in this world to get angry about.
Jim, Helsinki

malfukt

Post by malfukt » Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:10 pm

there will be continual updates to TTS3..next one with betatesters as we speak (so to speak)

just be patient, there are many variables with different setups, even betatesters get different problems from each other
i7-950 Processor (4cores 3.06 GHz)
2xBIOS settings 1 overclocked to 4.3ghz
6G RAM dominator 1600Mhz
MSI NVIDIA 560 ti 1GB
CRUCIAL SSD
NEOx1 GENIUS. BUSHIDO smart
TTS beta vers 4.22.5 & TDA beta & TCA beta

chutchings

Post by chutchings » Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:23 am

don't bother unless you have time on your hands trying to get it to work. The risk is yours, 50/50 chance - maybe you will be one of the lucky ones.

JaapW

Post by JaapW » Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:43 pm

Nice replies, guys :)

I had the TTS 2.0 disc in my hands this morning. I just hope (but I do fear) that the release of TTS3 doesn't mean that the big bugs from TTS2 are just left open, because it would mean that we will be forced to upgrade to TTS3.

That isn't a big problem (hey, we still have TTS1), but I've learned my lesson: I will upgrade to TTS3 only when it's stable enough. I really hope that Tacx will sort all the stability problems out with 3.0.

Minor bugs are no problem, but bugs that directly impact the riding are not good. And choppy RLV's & too hard resistance in RLV's are examples of just that.
Jaap Wagenvoort

Return to “Archives”