How can I race my girlfriend?

Everything about Multiplayer

Moderators: Tacx support, mcorn, Tacx Moderator, malfukt, Nasz

Rowan

How can I race my girlfriend?

Post by Rowan » Mon Oct 19, 2015 3:35 am

So I have an old Fortius (2008) and TTS3. My girlfriend seems to have suddenly become a cyclist (talk about a win!) and after I (realised I desperately need to train more and) dusted off the fortius the other day from where it has sat unused since 2012 she had a go and seemed to love it. Her immediate suggestion was that if we had two of them we could ride them together. She was thinking of just sitting and riding on separate rides, but that's clearly not the best option. I'm thinking if I get a Neo as well then we can calibrate the fortius to allow for one of us being stronger than the other, and then go for hard training rides together or even race, which wouldn't really work outside because there is no calibration option. I'm not sure if it would work inside either though, does anyone know? And does anyone know what additional software/hardware I would need? Can one computer run two devices, for example?
Any help would be appreciated.

Rowan

Re: How can I race my girlfriend?

Post by Rowan » Thu Oct 22, 2015 12:38 am

Further to this, if we were to get a completely new computer, with a completely new version of TTS4 to run on it, and then buy two multiplayer licences (since my fortius multiplayer now seems to need a subscription, despite the name...) could we actually do the same rides? It seems like there are different VR terrains in the two so we couldn't do VR racing, and catalyst is pretty dull, and I don't own any RLVs, so that pretty much means it would have to be GPS rides doesn't it? And then of course I would need to buy two google subscriptions as well, right?
Again, any feedback would be appreciated.

clucking

Post by clucking » Thu Oct 22, 2015 11:41 am

One computer can only run one device. And to my knowledge, TTS3 riders cannot ride together with TTS4 riders in Multiplayer.
Shuttle XPC SX58H7 PRO
Intel i7-980 w. 6 Cores 3.33 GHz
16 GB Ram
GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2GB eVGA
Win 10 64 bit
500 GB SSD
Epson projector using 1980x1020
Neo running TTS and Bushido Smart running Tacx iPad app

Rowan

Post by Rowan » Tue Oct 27, 2015 1:18 am

Thanks Clucking. It sounds like all up it will cost me a new trainer, a second computer, two versions of TTS4 plus two multiplayer licences. I think I might just put some knobby tyres on my single-speed, and we can race on the road and save about four thousand dollars!

Yoyo99

Post by Yoyo99 » Wed Dec 02, 2015 4:19 am

It's not live but you can have her do a ride with your profile with a modified weight and race the same ride against her ghost. Better than nothing ; )

Tacx Video Production

Post by Tacx Video Production » Wed Dec 02, 2015 9:18 am

TTS4 basic is only €65 or so & you have some VR with that, if you both purchased the same short ride for the tacx RLV collection they are all only €9.90. If you stay with a windows 7 or 8 2nd hand PC or laptop for running RLV you could be up & running for a fraction of what you said.. You then have a few VR terrains & a real ride someplace that you can ride together with.

bigrichard

Post by bigrichard » Wed Dec 02, 2015 4:13 pm

If it were me faced with your dilemma I would put the Fortius back in storage to collect more dust or sell it to help soak up the costs of what you're trying to accomplish. I would look for two lower end SMART compatible trainers and give third party programs like Veloreality a try. You are talking about spending a ton of money on doing something that the both of you may not commit to long term. Take for example the fact that you have to purchase two of everything from Tacx to compete. It doesn't make sense when you can just subscribe to an online source and join the fun.
NEO
TTS4 Version 4.22.0.0
42" Panasonic Plasma
Gigabyte G1 Sniper M3 Mobo
Intel core i7 3770K @ 3.9GHz
16GB RAM @ 1600 MHz
Nvidia GTX980 4095 MB
Samsung 840 Pro 256G hard drive
Corsair 860 PSU
Windows 7 Home Prem 64bit

Return to “Multiplayer”