Zwift vs Tacx VR. A 50 minute comparison.

Everything about Multiplayer

Moderators: malfukt, Tacx support, mcorn, Tacx Moderator, Nasz

shadowmate

Zwift vs Tacx VR. A 50 minute comparison.

Post by shadowmate » Fri Feb 20, 2015 10:00 pm

My thoughts on comparison between Tacx VR and.Zwift....
1. Tacx graphics are like original xbox and Zwift is more like xbox 360 but still not much in it
2. As Zwift not supporting my Genius at the moment i cant compare the brake usage but on my power meter as control it was weird to be cycling at 24 mph on a flat but on screen 10mph up hills. Until Genius is supported its a big turn off.
3. Power ups. I dont like them. Nothing like mario kart as no place for it here imo and less fun. Seems like a cheap exploit but does not actually work properly.
4. Different buttons do different phrases in game audio which actually seems ok.
5. Mountains timecheck, sprint, full lap rolling times works really well.
6. Tacx VR bots all ride through each other and zwift doesnt do that. And their bots are transluscent blue.
7. Tacx vr i rode through cherry blossom. Cool. Zwift has deer at the sides of the road etc. Also cool.
8. Tacx seems like bigger better draw distance.
9. Zwift has a nice draw from gaining xp and unlocking stuff.
10. Zwift will be subscription based. Big thumbs down for that!

Thats it for now. I will compare next ride with speed instead of power.
My BIGGEST takeaway from this is if Tacx did the same course on this island (and why not) then TTS offers a massive amount more. Zwift are gonna be popular but are a different thing. For people with bog standard trainers this looks great, for non tacx smart trainers it looks good too but shows their trainers software lacks this already! Pay 2 play for these people may seem fair but as we have full suite of stuff i dont see it.

lread

Re: Zwift vs Tacx VR. A 50 minute comparison.

Post by lread » Sun Feb 22, 2015 6:26 am

You still have to pay to play for TTS online. TTS is $160 retail? That's 16 months of Zwift. At 4 months per year of trainer season, it equals 4 years of online rides. 4 years is a long time ...........

Tacx Video Production

Post by Tacx Video Production » Sun Feb 22, 2015 8:42 am

lread wrote:You still have to pay to play for TTS online. TTS is $160 retail? That's 16 months of Zwift. At 4 months per year of trainer season, it equals 4 years of online rides. 4 years is a long time ...........
TTS is free with most of the VR trainers. I don't think tacx are going to make it open. So only owners of a TACX smart trainer will have this choice to make regarding is it worth it

lread

Post by lread » Sun Feb 22, 2015 8:27 pm

There is also a yearly fee for multiplayer online. TTS4 is free if you bought your smart trainer recently (last 2 years?). I personally have not had luck finding people on TTS to ride with online.

Return to “Multiplayer”