Tacx Vs Zwift

Everything about Multiplayer

Moderators: Tacx support, mcorn, Tacx Moderator, malfukt, Nasz

Sincy

Tacx Vs Zwift

Post by Sincy » Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:35 pm

Hi All,

over the past few weeks I've been trying out Zwift as I had an issue with drivers on my Tacx TTS4 software. So it got me thinking what do you think is best Zwift or the Tacx App/Software?

I like some of the features of Zwift such as organizing group rides and being able to turn corners using the arrow keys etc. But I feel that with the videos, training program creation and some of the virtual worlds Tacx has been missing a trick.

Now Zwift are the boss on the block and have more users than Tacx. However Zwift have just released an announcement that their costs are going up to $14.99 across the board as of 15th Nov 2018. and this could leave the door open to Tacx get their current riders business.

Now I haven't used the multiplayer part of Tacx yet as no one I know uses it. So what is it like? is it as good as Zwift, better or worse? many of the other parts are better than Zwift in my opinion, so if Tacx can get it right and of course get the marketing right they could blow Zwift out the water.

Anyone else got any other thoughts on this?

wasupwitdat1

Re: Tacx Vs Zwift

Post by wasupwitdat1 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:57 pm

I was using Tacx VR and the multiplayer back when it first came out. It seemed easier to get riders together than it is now for what reason I don't know because I don't think Tacx has changed anything. But I can't find others to ride with now. The multiplayer seems like it is always empty. We use to have groups that would log on two or three times a week and we would use Skype to communicate while riding. It was great fun and challenging if you wanted it to be. It was better than Zwift because there was only up to six riders allowed at a time. I don't really like the mass bunch of riders in Zwift. I don't like the HUD overlays in Zwift, however, I have found a way to eliminate all the overlays but then you don't get your own metrics either. With Zwift you can jump in any time, you don't have to wait for the route to start like with Tacx's software. I like Tacx's method of starting rides better. It makes course times between riders a method of training when gauged against others. I just started up my Winter trainer rides so I reinstated my Zwift account. Two days latter they send out an email saying the price is going up by $5.00 a month. That's not acceptable to me. I won't pay it. I will just go back to Tacx TTS VR and ride against my own saved rides. How can these companies say they do this for cyclists because they love the sport yet their products are so over-priced. Sometimes I feel like cyclists are just easy money in their eyes because we keep on buying it but then reality is what choice do we have, if you want a nice cycling computer like a Garmin or a power meter you have to pay out the azz . I've been cycling for a ton of years and spent a ton of money but I'm backing off now. So Zwift is not for me. Yeah, Tacx has opportunities here, I don't know what their full plan moving forward is but I wish some more people were using what Tacx offers now.
NEO W2017
TTS4 4.22.7.0
Sony 49X900E 4K TV
Gigabyte G1 Sniper M3 Mobo
Intel i7 3770 @ 3.9 GHz
16Gb Ram @ 1600 MHz
Nvidia GTX 980 4095 GDDR5 Mem
Samsung 840 Pro 256G Hard Drive
Corsair 860 PSU
Windows 7 64bit Home Premium
No Internet Connection

ms6073

Post by ms6073 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:03 pm

While Zwift has spun the price increase such that existing users won't feel the crunch for another 12-months, I suspect this has more to do with the company that hosts Zwifts cloud infrastructure raising its rates, than anything else.
TTS 4.19.1 | T2800 NEO Smart
MSI GS70 Laptop | Windows 10 x64 | Intel Core i7-4710HQ 2.40 GHz | 16 Gb DDR3 1600 MHz | GeForce GTX 870M
Samsung 32" LED TV

wasupwitdat1

Post by wasupwitdat1 » Sat Dec 23, 2017 6:13 am

I let my Zwift account expire. After a month I have no desire to use it. I don't know what it is exactly but I just don't enjoy using it. I guess all those HUD overlays and symbols popping up all the time annoy me so I can't focus. I see others posting the same complaints. I keep getting messages in my email that they have been unable to collect payment and I keep deleting them hoping they will stop but they don't. Tacx never did that. When the multiplayer subscription expired it was just gone and I had no access. I deleted the Zwift program from my PC and have no intention of using it again. I think TTS4 is enough for me and I hope some day a few users will form a group to use the multiplayer again. Boy, for Tacx to be the first to bring us this type of indoor training they sure lost their popularity fast. I hope they can get some of it back because I really like VR.
NEO W2017
TTS4 4.22.7.0
Sony 49X900E 4K TV
Intel i7 3770 @ 3.9 GHz
16Gb Ram @ 1600 MHz
Corsair 860 PSU
No Internet Connection

wasupwitdat1

Post by wasupwitdat1 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:47 pm

Multiplayer is hot. Why aren't more people using it? It's free, what more do you want. I posted a ride this morning and one person joined then off the starting line they left the server. I will start posting rides on the Calendar, not long rides because I have to go to work and not very hard either. Can I get some people to ride with. Typically the rides will be in the mornings around 5:30 am Eastern US & Canada. Remember they will be rides not all out races.
NEO W2017
TTS4 4.22.7.0
Sony 49X900E 4K TV
Intel i7 3770 @ 3.9 GHz
16Gb Ram @ 1600 MHz
Corsair 860 PSU
No Internet Connection

dejanmasic

Post by dejanmasic » Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:39 pm

It would be nice if there will be more people to participate at multiplayer rides.

But i think there must be a Facebook "site" (example: Tacx Multiplayer) where we could meet us and write which course to ride and at which time.

For me, Zwift is not as "real" as TTS4, so i'm using only TTS4.

Kind regards
Dejan

UKDave

Post by UKDave » Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:42 pm

wasupwitdat1 wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:47 pm
Multiplayer is hot. Why aren't more people using it? It's free, what more do you want. I posted a ride this morning and one person joined then off the starting line they left the server. I will start posting rides on the Calendar, not long rides because I have to go to work and not very hard either. Can I get some people to ride with. Typically the rides will be in the mornings around 5:30 am Eastern US & Canada. Remember they will be rides not all out races.
After reading this I tried to create a race server, TTS4 just hangs and won't continue. I then tried to join an existing race which was about to start, same thing, it says it is initialising and never moves on. Maybe this is why no-one is on it. I have the latest version of TTS4, not great.
--
UKDave

wasupwitdat1

Post by wasupwitdat1 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:45 pm

dejanmasic wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:39 pm
It would be nice if there will be more people to participate at multiplayer rides.

But i think there must be a Facebook "site" (example: Tacx Multiplayer) where we could meet us and write which course to ride and at which time.

For me, Zwift is not as "real" as TTS4, so i'm using only TTS4.

Kind regards
Dejan
The way it use to be done was there was a google page, Google Calendar, but I think that is gone now. Once a regular group was established we use to log into Skype to communicate live. Facebook might be a good solution now to coordinate rides. Also I like the chat serves of Teamspeak better than Skype. Skype is intrusive and always spamming and sending emails to drum up business where teamspeak won't bother you. I actually have my own Teamspeak account that some gamers join when we game together but I have added a channel for cyclists to get together on too.

Here is the link for the Tacx Calendar http://competitions.tacx.com/en/experie ... 4#calendar
It seems to work pretty good.

I see people using the multiplayer but I don't know where they are hooking up.

UKDave sorry to hear you are having issues, it would be worth while to try to sort them out with Tacx Support I would say. I know when I create a ride and initialize or start the course it takes some time where all I see is a black screen then a blue screen but I leave it go and the course comes up eventually. In other words it's a lot slower than it use to happen.
NEO W2017
TTS4 4.22.7.0
Sony 49X900E 4K TV
Intel i7 3770 @ 3.9 GHz
16Gb Ram @ 1600 MHz
Corsair 860 PSU
No Internet Connection

sgmack

Post by sgmack » Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:10 pm

Hi All

As well as the link posted by wasupwitdat you can also look here
http://tacxtours.com/

And also here
https://www.strava.com/clubs/TTic

Cheers.............Steve
NEO W2017
TTS4
SSD Hard Drive
Win 7 64 bit
AMD FX 6300 six core @3.5 ghz
Gigabyte 970 DSP MB
Nvidia 1050 TI
Kingston hyper x DDR 3 16gb @ 1600mhz

Sincy

Post by Sincy » Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:48 pm

Well I'm back just using TTS4. Riding VR Videos and VR Worlds. It would be great if they could just let people join a ride in a VR world, then we could see others riding and may give a bit of encouragement.

I love the riding on Tacx, to me it's better than Zwift, and has more options. However there now seems to be more options out there such as Sufferfest videos etc.

Maybe an idea would be to just start a new platform? Start a crowd funding page, get the money and get a new platform going, taking all the best solutions from Zwift and Tacx, and putting it together. Maybe charge a one off fee for the software and then costs for the worlds etc. just like a video game like Xbox.

Also, the new cloud system Tacx have introduced. Seems to be good if you use a phone or Tablet, but not compatible with the TTS4 software. Why? from what I can see they get unlimited videos etc, or do the cloud users have to pay for them just like the TTS4 users?

5bikes

Post by 5bikes » Thu Mar 29, 2018 2:41 pm

Interesting Topic.
For me it is the other way around. Having started with the old blue Tacx Fortius Software, being active with TTS 1/2/3/4, with multiplayer and also as a beta tester, I am now happy that I could leave TTS and jumped on to Zwift last year.
For me it is much better than Tacx VR.
Integrated Trainings, especially Interval Trainings eg. 12 weeks plan, better graphics, more Kilometers to ride, continous expansions of routes (today Alp de Zwift Expansion which is a duplicate of Alpd'Huez climb).
Group rides, Events, all the multiplayer stuff is just years ahead of Tacx. That is reality and the reason why there will be no successor of Tacx VR.
The only remaining thing positive for Tacx is the Video portion. Together with multiplayer and Google earth 3D this was really an awesome time.
But then they messed this up (as well).
Not to forget the never ending story of bad updates at TTS. With Zwift, updates need around 15seconds and all work. That is important if you wait in your bibs and want to ride immediately :-)
AMD Athlon(tm) II X4 630
8GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GT520
WIN10 Pro 64Bit

wasupwitdat1

Post by wasupwitdat1 » Fri Mar 30, 2018 7:44 pm

You have some good points but I don't agree with all of them. I don't like using Zwift because I think the graphics are to cartoonish. I hate the overlays that are splashed all over the screen with game like pop ups and huds that are telling me who's around me and that Sprint or King of the Mountains placements, who needs that stuff. I don't like that Zwift is $15 a month. So Zwift has been lucky with updates. Did I say I don't like the graphics? I like Tacx's VR graphics better. I like the quieter environment better. And as for Zwift's new course, The Alpd'duZwift, how many people are actually going to enjoy doing that on a regular basis? You have to be a level 12 to even be able to do it. I'll stick to Tacx's VR for now. :mrgreen:
NEO W2017
TTS4 4.22.7.0
Sony 49X900E 4K TV
Intel i7 3770 @ 3.9 GHz
16Gb Ram @ 1600 MHz
Corsair 860 PSU
No Internet Connection

sgmack

Post by sgmack » Fri Mar 30, 2018 9:34 pm

Hi All

I completely agree with watsupwidat.
I do use Zwift but i get bored with it very quickly. If the price was to stay @ £7':00 pr month i'd probably keep it but when the price goes up for me to £14:00 pr month I'll close my account.

I rode 50km of Training with the Schlecks rlv today......It was great,....Hard but Great.
If i want to ride Alpe d'huez i'll use my Tacx rlv

Cheers.........Steve
https://www.strava.com/clubs/TTic
NEO W2017
TTS4
SSD Hard Drive
Win 7 64 bit
AMD FX 6300 six core @3.5 ghz
Gigabyte 970 DSP MB
Nvidia 1050 TI
Kingston hyper x DDR 3 16gb @ 1600mhz

wasupwitdat1

Post by wasupwitdat1 » Sun Apr 01, 2018 5:12 am

I read a post on Facebook a few minutes ago where the poster said he/she ??? did the Alpe du'Zwift and Zwift got the slope wrong so it wasn't really like doing that route at all. They had a few other negative things to add, but the poster said they like the TDA video of the Alpe du'huez better., seemed more correct with the gradient reporting, I don't even know if there is one but that's what they said. I think people who take the more serious approach to their training needs tend to go with something other than Zwift. I might pay $5 or $6 a month but even that would be twisting my arm.
NEO W2017
TTS4 4.22.7.0
Sony 49X900E 4K TV
Intel i7 3770 @ 3.9 GHz
16Gb Ram @ 1600 MHz
Corsair 860 PSU
No Internet Connection

mickyduck

Post by mickyduck » Sun Apr 08, 2018 12:10 am

Never tried swift..
I already have a bike, a fortius trainer, TTS4 and some RLV.. Im happy with TACX... they have messed up in the past (and fixed it) I still end up with a pool of sweat on the floor so I guess its working?
Im a dinosaur... so my fortious has my VERY old "Look" Carbon fastened to it .. aluminium lugs Jes*s we have done some miles together,inside and out San Marco Rolls (that I rode when TT),, Record 8 speed (yes upgraded)
As stated above plenty of sweat

Return to “Multiplayer”