Trainer resistance increases abnormally at 85 watts

Moderators: mcorn, malfukt, Nasz, Lunatix

mved

Trainer resistance increases abnormally at 85 watts

Post by mved » Sat Nov 03, 2018 4:41 pm

I have a Tacx Vortex Smart and use it for training with Tacx Training app on Android. For my workouts, I am mostly between 100-230 watts and never seen any issue with the software or the trainer that feels out of normal. But, when my girlfriend is using the trainer, she is usually between 60-130 watts, being very new to cycling. At 60 watts, she has no problem in using the trainer. But, at 85 watts the trainer becomes abnormally difficult to pedal. She has to grind her gears and I can clearly see that she is putting in way more power than 85 watts. I asked her to ease it but still the trainer remained very tough to pedal. This only happens when she is using tacx training app. If she is just pedaling at similar wattage then there is no issue. Is this a problem with ERG mode at around this range? Is it a problem with training app? She apparently even has the same issue at 110-120 watt but I haven't seen it when I am cycling. What can cause this? What would be a good way to troubleshoot it?

Return to “Android”