Challenge - Discussion

general chat

Moderators: malfukt, Steve Newton, Tacx support, mcorn, Tacx Moderator, Tacx Video Production, Nasz

malbros

Re: Challenge - Discussion

Post by malbros » Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:44 am

Hi Jos ( Bowfluv ? ) ,
re, Sunday tacx tour ride, I saw you near the start, well I saw a Jos, for a few km but as the climbs started I couldn't stay with you and you steadily pulled away from myself and I was left watching the battles ahead of me while trying to hold my position. I think I saw Rex for a bit but he too stormed ahead to battle with yourself and then Dan said bye bye to me and also joined the battles ahead. I had to work really hard just to maintain my position with Claus and Hermann having a fight out just behind me pushing me then harder - and that slow finishing climb is agony even with 500m to go it never seems to end.

Thomas is doing a great job in organising the races and producing full results, this way regular riders can have their own mini-competions, whatever their level, in the overall races by looking at the results table. :D :D

I won't be in Tuesday's race but probably back in on Thursday's .

Mal from Wales, not England :lol:
Malbros

Every ride is a race till I'm whupped, then it was a ride :wink:

i Genius, tts latest update - Black track
Lenovo Z51
Windows 10
i7 intel

malbros

Post by malbros » Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:04 am

Hi Bob,
I have just posted to reply / add to bowfluv and noticed you had just posted before me. All I can say is I just notice when the tacx tour race is coming up in calendar and get ready for the server to list in Current Rides and then click to join - just like every other ride really. I assume it's a taxc server but Thomas might be hosting from home - perhaps he will say.

I ,like yourself did have a problem logging on to Blackforest ride and I have posted it in RLV forum but have had no replies as to why I / we had that problem as I could join other rides at that time.
- Boy has that Blackforest got a killer climb finish - wasn't expecting it :shock: phew ! Jacek (you ? ) and myself rode steadily to start of climb turned a corner then wham - the world tipped up in front of me.

To be fair the logging on that once has been the only prob I have experienced with MP - you just have to love it - as bowfluv indicates how else can you ride with guys / gals from all these different countries - in Winter no less. Best toy I ever bought.

Mal
Malbros

Lenovo Z51
Windows 10
i7 intel

BobBreton

Post by BobBreton » Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:45 am

I'll try again sunday as my timezone does not allow me to participate at the week nights events as it is 4 am over here when you start riding ;)

Hopefully I won't get any bugs next sunday. Never had any problems joining multiplayer events before, I guess it was just bad luck.

Hopefully next sunday I'll be able to join and follow the pack for a while before getting dropped ;)

Bob
P.S. Mal, that Black forest course last week was a lot of fun. I was surprised to catch up with you in the last part of the ride. I was about 2 minutes behind, then next time I checked I was about 30 seconds behind. Finally, I slowly catched up and passed in front of you in the last few km of the race. I tought you were off the bike for a while until I stayed on Googleearth view long enought to see you were still moving. That was a great battle.
BobBreton
Fortius Multiplayer
TTS 3.12
Windows 7 64bits
CPU: Intel i5-2500K @ 3.3 ghz
Ram: 8 gigs
Nvidia GTX 560 Ti 1 gig

malbros

Post by malbros » Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:25 am

Hi Bob,
Re. Joining ride problem

Strangely enough I had a repeat performance last evening - not the same ride - but just clicked on a ride to see the profile ( which is a bit of a pain I think to have to do this to see a profile ) - anyway trying to see profile before deciding on what to really join. The initialising screen came up but the "wheel icon " stayed still and a minute or so later a little box appeared saying I could not connect to server , with an IP number and Port number. Tried several times as there were already 2 riders in the ride and I was readyish to join something. I gave up and rode a piece of the RLV Lake District. I was actually going to join an Eric DSN ride as it was on the calendar but says - under tts 4.1 - so as I am tts 4.5, I guess I can't join those rides. They don't even come up on my Current Races list.
I have posted the 'joining ride' problem but had no answers - except by myself :lol:

Re. Blackforest ride - yes I saw you coming very steadily up that hill and thought (knew) I was doomed - it was a good ride , I think only 3 of us finished !

It is a pity about time-zones as in the UK we can join the many European/ Continental riders which is very fortunate as cycling is a major sport on the continent and growing bigger in the UK , I guess weekends early ride for you lets you join our evening rides.
See you on the MP circuit.

Mal - from Wales
Malbros

Lenovo Z51
Windows 10
i7 intel

Bowfluv

Post by Bowfluv » Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:24 pm

.. Is it me? Can anyone get the 4.6 to load up, I cant . . I tried from the software and manually and running as administrator. Anyone else having issues?? This has happened in the past and then all of a sudden it works .. Mal? Anything you can add?..
I saw what was added . . More moving people??.. Ok, I am going to make some noise here:
That is the stupidest waste of Unity Developer time I can possible imagine.
And it's not becuase I want to open the "Cafe Empea" which I think would be a really good use of Unity Developer time. Well actually it is ..And we dont need more moving people, or boats that go in circles, or birds that get in the way, or trains that go nowhere, hang gliders stuck in a thermal, stuck blimps or rocks in the road ..
I have a very good friend of mine, he was over at the house, I showed him VR and he says to me, "Is this only for Catholics?', he's Jewish.
As many of you know at the top of the climb is the church, and it's definitely a Christian Church, what denomination is not clear, but it's definitly a church and not a mosque or a synagogue, it's a church. So, I propose this, when we do get the open Sim that is where the "Cafe Empea" is .. The place where you can turn off the road stop and have a chat and all will be welcome "Velo Sans Frontieres" .. How you get around no cadence detedted is beyond me .. but maybe if the Unity Developers werent fussing with .bvh files they could come up with a solution ..

malbros

Post by malbros » Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:29 pm

Hi bowfluv,

I have loaded tts 4.6 , had to go to tacx website for the download as it isn't/ or wasn't a download link in tacx tts itself like 4.5 was linked. Anyway it loaded OK for me and that's what I'm on - seems to be working though not really looked at new features. Re chatting or discussing rides could there not at least be an index area on this forum for riders to share their experiences - just a thought . Are you riding this Sunday -tacx tours - Lanzarote.

Mal, from Wales
Malbros

Lenovo Z51
Windows 10
i7 intel

malbros

Post by malbros » Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:22 pm

Hi Bowfluv -Jos ?

You got stalled on the tacx tours ride this evening - like myself , but my own fault as my genius handlebar set had gone to sleep as I had logged on early - didn't realise you have to keep giving it a poke to make it stay awake. The brake and steerer stayed logged on but the Headset comes first and mine was asleep when the race started - pity as i was really looking forward with so many riders in it - oh well I can get on Tuesday not so easy for you re. timezone diff.
In the ride we joined after with Ste, & Brian - my info seems weird on my screen. You and Dwayne didn't start the ride again according to my screen !!! :? - you both just stayed static - I was thinking you wouldn't be very happy.
I was seemingly riding with just Steffen, and Bri. Steffen stopped after a short while with injury leaving just Bri and me, according to my screen.
Bri pulled away from me but pulled up with around 12km to go - so my screen put me in the lead and by that stage i thought I was just ploughing a lone furrow on my own. My screen put me in first position after going past the stationary Bri - weird or what ? I saw your messages on the screen.
Malbros

Lenovo Z51
Windows 10
i7 intel

gormleyflyer2002

Post by gormleyflyer2002 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:26 am

it was the same for me Malbros.....I couldn't see Joe or Dwayne, both showed stuck at start and thought maybe they got ejected or something. It was the same for me on the taxctours race, only 5 moving from from 20 starters.

i later checked tacxvr and saw we had 4 in our ride, just could tell if Joe and Dw were ahead or behind......just got the results and it looked like they had a great race. (sorry for bailing on you guys, wife is preggers and needed me to get groceries from the car)

i should have restarted my TTS before entering the race, i was in a few races already Sunday morning, I might have been pushing my luck (with Tacx)

we're doing a little crit Monday night at 6:30

brian

malbros

Post by malbros » Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:47 pm

Hi Brian,

I think there must have been some gremlins in the system last evening as you and I could only see ourselves and Steffen at the start riding/moving. Steffen had to pull up shortly and that left just you and me "moving " - Jos & Dwa seemed stalled at the start but apparently they were riding - I guess they could see us riding - not sure.

When you stopped I thought this is weird, everyone has stopped - I'm now Billy No Mates in this ride - I lost some motivation but don't think I was ever going to catch you :) - thought of stopping myself as I know the end of that ride is a toughy when you're tired but I thought " I've started , so I'll finish" . Glad you explained why you had to stop - like Steffen, as it is always puzzling when someone bails out especially when they are leading out
( or at least on my screen ). Once I passed your stop point I went into the "lead" of an empty race ( on my screen.) :lol:

Also I don't think results of the tacx tour race have come out. I have had results from our ride but not from the tacxtour lanzarote - even though it would have shown me as a DNF or DNS - " gremlins " !!
Not sure if I can ride tonight - legs are shouting . Good luck with the baby. :D
Malbros

Lenovo Z51
Windows 10
i7 intel

Bowfluv

... All Dressed up and No Place to Ride ..

Post by Bowfluv » Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:15 pm

..I know its been only two weeks of this, but I get ready to go at it at Noon on Sunday with a bunch of you Guuuuize from all over the place .Germany (5), Norway, Denmark, Canada, France, Spain (Big-Mig), Wales and me in the US .. I was the thrid or foth one in, then in just a few minutes we are a full house. There is a bit of "Hey Dude" chatter, the clock ticks down and .. and.... and... nothing .. It just blew up, screen goes all creamy white, the little blue circle, circles ..
All Dressed Up and No Place to Ride ..
I re-start, get back into MP, see that Steffen has started a new one, Malbros gets in, Dwayne, Brain and me.. Steffen goes off the front and gets half a mile on us in 1.3 miles.. Then he leaves at just over 2 miles says he has "Brake Problems".. Dude! Im'm holding 350 and he going like 30% faster.. Whatever .. Malbros gets an early lead, Brian as usual just picks us off and me and Dwayne fight it out ..Brian pulls out.. When he had the lead, but could not see he was crushing us .. We have his pregmant wife to thank for getting him out, if that's how I have to beat ya, I'll take it .. Me and Dwayne duke it out .. I could see him throwing down watts, watch the clock, see how long his watt burst would last and then match it .. It was a good battle, but we ran out of road.
That was the play by play .. The really bad part of all this is this: I actually kinda plan this into my training, as much as I plan any bit of my training, get all ready, and then it doesnt work. So maybe we have to find a solution to this. Maybe 19 at the start is too many, maybe we need two with maybe just 10 in each, maybe an A and a B race.
I have the course, or can get it off the "Experience" and Ill set one up also, we can combine times from each, easily compiled and I am willing to do that, and then post the Master List here ..
I think this really has to be the way to proceed, we cant have 20 guuiiize, "All Dressed Up and No Place to Ride"..

malbros

Post by malbros » Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:01 pm

Hi Bowfluv,

You then could see Steffen, Brian and myself moving and you and Dwayne were also moving with relative/right times showing between us all - so strange - as you both looked stalled to Bri and myself as we have both posted.

There appears to be no results for the Lanzarote race - just checked ' The Hall of Fame ' etc and Thomas is asking there for anyone to send the results in - I didn't receive them.
I think you may be right that 20 riders just may overwhelm the system - great pity - as the more the merrier :) - and disappointing when you're all dressed up and nowhere to ride as you say :( - perhaps it can be sorted.

Mal
Malbros

Lenovo Z51
Windows 10
i7 intel

Bowfluv

VR .. Metro...Moving People .

Post by Bowfluv » Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:22 am

I always think whatever the Tacxidermist do is ok .. Really Bowey!! .. Yes, I might make a bit of noise over this and that, but for the most part I do accept that the Tacxlandia Overlords are always trying to do the right thing. They abandoned TTS2 and 3 was better, kicked 3 aside and 4 is better in many ways .. But this new addition to VR, the moving people, walking, running back and forth in Metropolitan City is just silly. Why? It just uses valuable resources to move something about that adds absolutely nothing to the City riding experience. The same people walking about, sometimes running across the street, is really not in any way an addition, but a distraction that makes my CPU and video card do work that is not in any way necessary.
Additionally, there is some random sound file, that sounds like some bad impression of an Urban African American? Is there an Italian in Valeggio? .. the Jive-Talk silly at best and insulting at worst. I wont say anything about the women, it's not my place, but it's a bit sexist. And the guy with the Boom Box in the urban area, come on!!! . I have not seen anyone with a Boom Box since the last century. Anywhere.
And the American Football billboard, every sign is in English, I think it's supposed to be an American city, we don't call it American Football, we call it Football and there is that bit of English on the bottom, I quote, "Live on TV In Your Home" .. It's just "Live" we dont add "on TV" or "In Your Home". ..
And I see a new problem in the VR, when you stop pedaling, the no cadence warning comes up and stays up, even after you start pedaling again. It might be only me, but I dont think so. That has to be fixed, you cant have a large portion of the screen covered with a message that is not supposed to be there. And if that is really a problem and there has to yet another update, can we do something about the moving people, they dont add, they only detract and there are other things that need fixing. I have completely given up asking that the 3D in Catalyst be fixed, maybe it would have been a better use of Developer time to get that to work instead of making useless people.

malfukt

Post by malfukt » Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:26 pm

And I see a new problem in the VR, when you stop pedaling, the no cadence warning comes up and stays up, even after you start pedaling again. It might be only me, but I dont think so.
This one is odd, some of the betatesters reported it, i tested it & when i resumed riding the pause left screen as suppose to,, maybe i`m blessed :roll:
i7-950 Processor (4cores 3.06 GHz)
2xBIOS settings 1 overclocked to 4.3ghz
6G RAM dominator 1600Mhz
MSI NVIDIA 560 ti 1GB
CRUCIAL SSD
NEOx1 GENIUS. BUSHIDO smart
TTS beta vers 4.22.5 & TDA beta & TCA beta

Bowfluv

Re: All Quiet ..

Post by Bowfluv » Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:50 pm

.. I noted that it has been a couple of weeks since I wrote anything..So first, a BIG FAT SHOUT OUT to Thomas for all the work he has done to organize the TacxTours Sunday Race .. The only one that I can reliably do because for one, I work and Yuzzz Guieys over on the other side in the Old World have clocks that done jive with mine. But on Sunday at Noon, I get home dibs on the iNet, for 90 minutes it's all mine, and that means no looking for more stuff on eBay that is going to eventually end up in a dumpster. No Video chat with your friend that lives down the block. Even the Dogs are not allowed near me .. It's Bowey Time in the Pain Cave ..
This race, and it's a race lemme tell ya, after T.A. does a neutral start, the hammer goes down and you dont look up for 21 miles, whatever that is in K's, it still hurts.
Let me say this .. I dont cheat, I don't do a calibration, get a high set, then back off the knob. I don't put in 140psi and go for a negative brake set. I do this, get a 1 on a warmed Fortius, or as close as I can to 1 @ 120psi.. The Continental Training tire I use gets warm and if I do a post race calibration its just under 0..
Technically, the MP has worked pretty well for me, I cant say that for everyone, this past Sunday 19 started, 7 finished. If anyone who reads this wobbly mess of a write was in the TacxTours Sunday Race please report your experience here. As expected, Miguel Castella beats us by 10 minutes, must be something about the water in Spain. Then some minutes after that are the mortals.. emmanual - Bo- Dieter in it almost to the end, Malbros gave me a good battle and Herman Reese a min behind with the last finisher Michael Chiasson in at +23..
Like I said, 7 out of 19 finished, there are a lot of reasons why that is, at the top of the list is connections, it could be wives or girlfriends, kids, who knows .. I can be anything ..
I will say this about my experience, it's great. And I know there is all the Blah-Blah about this and that, Flow-Fortius-Genius, in the end you find the guy you need to do battle against and you do it. I know I worked really hard to stay infront of Malbros and I am sure he wanted to tag me in the worst way.
I've done this course a few times and I know to the kilometer when I am going to get clobbered. As soon as it flattens out, in my head, is "Get On a Wheel" --But there are no wheels to get and its just lay down watts, whatever you got. Not too long after the I see them making up whole seconds and I am throwing down every watt I got and still many seconds get gobbled up quickly. There is some in race chat, hardly any, we are all working too hard to hit "alt-C" .. At the end, I'm done, I've left it all on the bike, the fan is going, the windows are open and I'm wrecked. That's the best part, I'm wrecked. Do I care that M.C. is way, way out front? Nope, don't care one bit because Thomas and Louise have put on a good event and I'm stronger because of it.
Yesterday was also Daytona, the American Stockcar race, many of you know that I enjoy that motor racing although you over there think its silly to go round and round at 200mph. But as some of you do know, it's really exactly how a Criterium goes, only they get Cautions and can slow up and re-group, in a Crit you just get pulled. The day before Daytona on the same highbanked track they have another series, in that race there was a sprint crash, cars all over the place, some spectators were slightly injured by debris, it was a mess, cars in pieces, aluminum carnage. But ya know what? Every driver just popped out of their cars and was fine. If that was a bike criterium lots of guys would not pop up, they would be laying on the pavement with who knows what - busted/bruised/broken. It's a dangerous sport some of us do.. and we do it basically our underware ..
This Sunday Race has influenced how I winter train and I think for the better. I do put in some hard ones early in the week, back it off a bit and then an easy one on Saturday as prep for race day. It's worked. I think the consistency and structure has made me stronger and I know I am because I have a Tacx and can prove it with really good numbers.
So, I think for the next couple of weeks I'll be there, but the outside temps are climbing a bit, the snow is melting and the sun feels a bit warmer .. And for you Canadians and some of us Americans, it's "Roll-Up-The-Rim" time and you know what that means .. Spring is not far away..

malbros

Post by malbros » Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:21 pm

Hi Bowfluv,

I noticed it has been a while since you posted on this megga thread you have going here, in the main about the brilliant tacxtours races organised by Thomas Albertsen and Louise, :D and all the results and winners jerseys page on the tacxtours web page.( So I also thank them for all the organising they do - cheers guys ). It certainly has helped with winter training. I know as you are the other side of the pond you can't really join in the mid-week Tues and Thurs Tacxtours rides ( ha! races ) so I also look forward to Sunday rides when USA and Canadian riders can join. Thomas A. said 24 riders tried to log in on Sunday - it appeared a really good start but for some riders problems occurred along the way including Thomas and Louise themselves.
I love the start of the race when we have a big group warm up and the pressure , excitement mounts to when Thomas sets it free. It gives us a chance to be ahead of Miguel for a few minutes before he comes by and says hello and goodbye :lol: . This number of riders at the start would look great in a VR mode race , must try and encourage Thomas to try something in VR.
In the middle of Sunday's race I was battling with Hermann - as usual - and later with yourself. I thought I might take you but you held on really well - I gave it all near the end and was wasted but it was a really great race. I still lost the Einstein shirt to Hermann but have a chance tomorrow Tues eve race to try and get it back. :cry:
See you next Sunday for tacxtours race. :D
Malbros

Lenovo Z51
Windows 10
i7 intel

Jassmanca

Post by Jassmanca » Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:30 am

Hey guys

I was in the race on Saturday, for my first Tacx tour. Very excited to see the amount of riders and see the chatter back and forth prior to the start. Then we started and wham, i am at the back by a long ways. Now I know I am not an elite cyclist like some of the lead pack, but I thought that I should be able to compete with someone somewhere? Last year I logged over 3500 k on the open road. So i ended up quitting the server with 10k to go, as I was 40 minutes behind Manuel and was the only one left out there.

So the question is, was it me, or my gearing, or my Tacx?

How do I find out?

See you on Sunday.
Someone needs to be last!

malbros

Post by malbros » Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:42 pm

Hi Jassmanca,
Glad to hear you joined the tacxtours crazies and found this major thread to comment on. It is really good fun to have a big group of riders but understand that you want to be in the mix to get the benefit of this even if your off the back you want to feel your in contention :D . The pre race banter is all part the fun - joking, leg pulling just like a normal club ride though I don't know if any one has ever met anyone else in real life - and the also mix of nationalities. By riding regularly you can usualy find someone to battle against at similar abilities - even Miguel ( son of Indurain I think :lol: ). You'll know there are mid week tacx tours rides but not in your time zone - :(

I wouldn't like to suggest why you found it hard to keep up except maybe check brake calibration etc . but you've probably will have done that already. I would suggest you post a completely new thread then someone is bound to pick it up to answer - usually one of the forum moderators who have a lot more experience with these type of issues. See you Sunday.
Malbros

Lenovo Z51
Windows 10
i7 intel

malfukt

Post by malfukt » Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:18 pm

So the question is, was it me, or my gearing, or my Tacx?

NOPE!!!! it was Miguel :lol: :lol:
i7-950 Processor (4cores 3.06 GHz)
2xBIOS settings 1 overclocked to 4.3ghz
6G RAM dominator 1600Mhz
MSI NVIDIA 560 ti 1GB
CRUCIAL SSD
NEOx1 GENIUS. BUSHIDO smart
TTS beta vers 4.22.5 & TDA beta & TCA beta

Bowfluv

Jassmanca Do This ..

Post by Bowfluv » Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:05 am

Jassmanca and anyone else who has not done so, do this .. Upload your result to Bikenet .. You'll find this in the tts4 software up top Export to Bike Net .. Then go over to the Tacx Experience and find GPS rides .. Open that .. Then .. search TacxTours and wah-laa your ride and many of the others that did the Watt-Party will be there .. Once logged in you can also download any other result, load that into 4 and beat yourself up all over again .. Doesn't that sound like fun?
So, if you are like me, the curious type, and you wonder how BIG-Mig gets 10 min on us Mortals, you can download his result file. Which I did. And then I looked at it in the Analyzer, found under Extra .. I dont know why its called Extra .. I think it should be called Essential, but what do I know?
Take a look at BIG-Mig and dont do it with the graph, do it with the "Table" choice .. And you will see sustained wattages at over 500..I once had the 2nd best Time-Trialer ( 27min for a flat 20K with a turn around) I know over to my home .. He got on my Tacx, and he was warmed up from an outside ride, so he was not a cold start . . And he could maintain 500Watts for a little over 2 min and then he just Blew Up..BIG=Mig can maintain that and nudge 600 for many mins at a time, and so we are many mins behind him .. Why he likes racing all by himself up there is beyond me, but again what do I know. Of course I am sure there are some like me, who would like to see some Real Road result .. Perhaps he is on Strava and would like to share his Identity there with Thomas the TacxTours organizer. I would share mine with Thomas if he wanted to see it and my RL results are very consistent with my VR results. Just saying.
So, Jassmanca the thing to do is look at your score file, download and look at a score file that is just a bit faster than you, import that and try to beat him or her if it's Louise..You can also do this with 4.6, compare your file with another, then you can see where you might improve .. And in the end, as Malbros says, that is what it's all about, improvement. Dont compare yourself with the guy way up front, see who you can get close to and next time be a bit closer ...See Yuuuuze Guizze on Sunday .. the weather here in New York is supposed to be cold 21F and snowy .. Whoo-Whoo! I get to go to the Watt Party ..

rikicarra

Post by rikicarra » Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:49 pm

Not sure if it's the right place to post this ... anyway, I would like to get the gps file (.gpx or .tcx) of the Lanzarote Tour, anybody knows where to find it?

Thank you.
Neo Smart - TTS4.22.5
W10 64bit - 4GB RAM - Asus GTX 560 Ti 2GB
LG 50" FullHD

Return to “General”