Challenge - Discussion

general chat

Moderators: mcorn, Tacx Moderator, Tacx Video Production, malfukt, Steve Newton, Tacx support, Nasz

gormleyflyer2002

eh Tony

Post by gormleyflyer2002 » Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:21 pm

Eh Tony.......hope you get your kit sorted soon. It's such a great product when its working and beyond frustrating when its on the fritz.

16 started i think, some to spectate and some to give it. Therw was some really fast riders thats for sure. I would love to see the podium rides data posted on bikenet ? i was 4.3 watts/kg for over an hour and was around 6 mins back in forth place.

happy new year, good luck with your rig.

Mine has been working better than ever since tacx support had me delete my "runs" data........i'm scared to upgrade to TTS4 as 3.12 is working perfect for my needs.

cheers, i earned myself a few extra black beers after todays effort.

did a nice hour ride afterwards with a fellow named Ray.....me cooked now. .

Brian....aka Brian F68M

Bowfluv

>>>Whooo!!! Whooo!!!

Post by Bowfluv » Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:02 pm

.. For the first time in a long, long time everything is working.. TTS4..yup every thing even MP and Google .. TTS3 Right up to date and the MP works there also .. A very special thanks to my favorite Taxidermist, HS who apparently knows where the "ReSet" button is .. 'cause he slapped that bad boy and everything is tickity-boo for me .. Well except for a small tiny thing, and I wonder if anyone else has this problem. Heartrate cannot be turned on in TTS3.12 .. Mal suggested flipping a couple things on and off, I'll try that, then I'll try doing it standing on one leg, with my hat on backwards and a 1985 half-dollar in my pocket .. Any other suggestions would be happily accepted.
Now here's a question I cant be the only one wondering about .. When you look at the calendar the time that the "event" is scheduled to start is adjusted to your local time as set in the software? Is this true? I am assuming it is, since some of the "events" are scheduled to start at 4am, and while I am nutty enough to actually try to get up or stay up and join in, it might be very difficult to do so while balancing a hot cup of coffee on my handlebars ..
So if I am able to hop in, or start something and get a few in Ill write about it here.. But I have asked many times and still think this would be great .. Is just an open course that you can join in and just roll around for a bit .. Ok maybe there would be some development cost and asking Tacxlandia to fund it might be too much to ask, but they did get that Holiday Course made, which I could never get to work, and never got to see. Perhaps if the good people over there at Tacx could find out what it would cost to fund such an addition to VR then maybe we could help fund it.. Crowd Fund it .. .. .. . Hello?? Anyone out there? ... It suddenly got very quiet ..
Anyway, now that I am back with the full compliment .. Maybe Ill see some of you out there .. Joseph F53M thats me .. if you see me in there say Hi ..

Bowfluv

Post by Bowfluv » Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:20 pm

..It was nicely active over at Multiplayer this weekend.. All through Saturday and Sunday there were many rides to choose from in all the catagories Cat/RLV/RLT/VR..
I did three ..
The first was a really nice line up that looked just like this
TacxVR_1-5-2013_12-38-44 PM by Bowfluv, on Flickr

then a CatTT that was just a 1 hour 290watt 40K suffer fest ..
On Sunday this was an interesting one ..Three of us lined up .. All Italians..only this .. One was in Germany, one was in the US (me) and the last was in Italy .. This was by far the best VR I ever did, the Itlaian Italian dropped out, the in Germany Italian and me had a great ride together-I used the Alt-C chat function, I had to ask him to wait up for me on the decents, on one of them I was up over 50k throwing down over 400watts and peaking at 508.. but could not stay with him . . But Nicola was very nice and softpedaled at the base of the climbs .. We climbed side by side and there was no lag at all .. None of that back and forth - zig-zaggy side by side . We climbed like two guys climbing .. a little back and forth .. I really found myself looking for his wheel .. In my head I'm thinking, "Get on him" .. Not that it makes any difference, but the impulse was there to do that..
On Sunday I did have this surprise, and while I thank everyone one of you for every view here, all 31k plus .. This was really the best .. Its early afternoon on my Sunday.. I am poking around the MP and what do I see .. "An Hour on the Bike" .. Hey that's my Catalyst !! Someone put up my Cat .. Eva B put it up and sadly it was "running" when I saw it, so I could not join in and feel all proud that someone thought enough of "An Hour on the Bike" to put it up there .. Sadly Eva B. was alone, and no one joined him/her, its not an easy hour and looks like a lot of up and it is ..
So . . Now that I'm back and I can do a MP at will .. hope to see some of you there.. it's working very well for me and seems to be working very well for the others that use it .. Hope to see you there ..

malfukt

Post by malfukt » Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:48 pm

Hi Joe.

There should be drafting in 4.5 in VR screen there is a rotating fan top left to show when drafting.

I did see whilst perusing the Multiplayer server that you were in the GPS TT ride & have seen the `Hour on a bike` quite a few times since your initial posting of it
:)
i7-950 Processor (4cores 3.06 GHz)
2xBIOS settings 1 overclocked to 4.3ghz
6G RAM dominator 1600Mhz
MSI NVIDIA 560 ti 1GB
CRUCIAL SSD
NEOx1 GENIUS. BUSHIDO smart
TTS beta vers 4.22.5 & TDA beta & TCA beta

Bowfluv

Post by Bowfluv » Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:09 pm

..I am baffled . . As often I am .. This is not a surprise I am sure to any of you ..
Have any of you 4um dwellers gone over to Facebook Tacx. . .Well, it's not very positive ... What a bunch of complainers!!
So, because I do wave the Kidde-Pool-Blue-&-Medical-Device-White Flag from time to time .. I did this, although I can count on one hand all the photos I have uplaoded to Fb.. I posted a screen grab.((Easily done in 4 - Just hit PrtSc-SysRq way up there on the right and it just drops itself into a nice Folder in your Picture Library--Nice touch Mal)) .. A bunch of us lined up in the VR .. A good and positive image of what turned out to be a nice VR.. So you would think maybe there'd be a comment .. No .. Ok maybe a "Like", it's a simple click .. No ... Doesnt that just tell ya something? .. I dont know exactly what it tells ya, but you'd think it would get some kind of response.. Even from the Taxidermist who pokes in there .. Nothing ..
Ok, I did go over there once and got all frowny, but now that everything is running tickityboo .. I'm all smiles and waving the Flag again..

Tony Alaska USA

Post by Tony Alaska USA » Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:18 pm

Hey Bowfluv- was that screenshot in VR on a Tacx Server or did you host the ride on your own? We had 9 join a little over a week ago but 2 left after waiting over a minute for their ride to load but 7 of us started. We were hosting our own server NOT on the Tacx ones. Anyway thought I would ask. Nice photo. :)
Ride Hard or Go Home

Bowfluv

Post by Bowfluv » Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:06 pm

In answer to Tony way up there in Alaska ..
>> Tacx Server
>> It did take a bit for everyone to load, if you look at the top there are 7, but 8 are lined up .. Mal might have an explanation for this, he always knows what's up.
>> While doing the ride I did note that a couple dropped out, but looked like they were in it, but left for whatever reasons ..
So again I'll mention this .. We need an established chat room there .. Something always up and always open.. Of course many of you know I have and continue to lobby for an "Open Loop" where you can stop in ride a bit if you want, ride over to a "Tacx Cafe" and talk Virtual bike, like we dont talk enough bike in the RL .. The advantage would of course be to find out whats working and whats not. And I'll even do the textures for it, for free, I see something nice with a glass front, and maybe a hot tub out back, and a bar with a lovely maid pouring cold ones .. Hey! Its the Virtual - Anything can happen ..

SMC

Post by SMC » Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:17 pm

I agree

It would be nice to click on MP in TTS and have a "waiting room" showing who is online. There would be a chat feature where guys could agree on a ride and then someone could create it.

Scott

gormleyflyer2002

oh jeez

Post by gormleyflyer2002 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:32 pm

that would worse than normal real world riding......every ride involves at least two stops for baked goods.

chat/staging area would be nice........rolling loop to drop into would also be great.

malfukt

Post by malfukt » Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:00 pm

Permanently running ride you could drop into would also be good to warm up the legs, whilst discussing in chat what ride you would like to do with other leg warming users :lol:
6G RAM dominator 1600Mhz
MSI NVIDIA 560 ti 1GB
CRUCIAL SSD

Bowfluv

Post by Bowfluv » Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:12 pm

TRACTION!!!! Finally my idea is getting PURCHASE!!! God know how many times I have run it up the flag pole to see who salutes it!!
I think in Villagio, there is a Cafe and there is a bunch of guys who are always standing in the parking lot .. (a waste of vectors as far as Im concerned and the many red scooters) .. Ok.. there is where we have the "EmPea Cafe"..kick those guys out.. ok cant get off our bikes and get in the hot tub. at least not in this Virtual .. But it would have to be the only place where you can turn off the road . Not that you have to, I guess you could pause anywhere, null the "no cadence detected" .. Chat would probably be Sim wide, so there would probably be a lot of .. "Where are you?"..
"By the Red Scooter"
"Which Red Scooter?"
.. Ok .. So.. When do we see this? .. 4.6? .. Lets hope it's not 5.1 I dunno if its worth another $120 bucks just to talk to you guys while wobbling on my bike..

OH & THIS ... Mal???
The drafting fan in the upper left .. I finally saw it, its very faint, perhaps in a future version it could be made more visable .. AND THIS
From time to time in VR I see the speed numbers change color and some other number pops up .. What is that ? ..
I'm sure it's addressed in some other portion of this Forum .. But as always .."What do I know?"

Bowfluv

Post by Bowfluv » Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:21 am

... Just to clear up any confusion ..Not that I can ..I posted a ride at the calendar for my local time 12Noon (12PM) .. Called "A long established local route .. "
At BikeNet it says it will be at 5:oopm and this NOT correct ..
In software 4x it indicates 12:00PM .. This IS correct .,

So there seams to be a disconnect between the entered time and the Calendar display time & the software calendar display time ..

And it says its VR, this was probably my mistake .. It's not - Its a RLT-GPS..
This route which includes a hill that was in the American Qualifier for the 1964 Olympics is up and down glacial ridges that are east of Lake Erie .. It starts with a long level warm up that skirts the lower lines of 2 ridges .. Then it goes right up the side of one..Then a long straight run up the spine of Cole Ridge ..On this particuar road today my mano-a-mano and I got between us 5 flats .. While today was a really nice mid winter day almost Spring like, 55 F--the roads were a mess of tiny arrowhead like chips .. These are a result of snow plowing, the snow get plowed off the road, pushed to the side of the road, the chips are in the snow, the snow melts, the chips stay, then hitch a ride on your wet tires, hang on for a few revolutions, embed themselves, then give you a flat . . . Eventually after 42miles we had 9 flats .. It was the best of days and the worst of days ..
After we go down the ridge, a RL 40MPH decent, there is a turn, we go up and then down a bit and then get to the base of the Olympic Trial Climb, apparently they went up this thing 10 times .. Then Rice, a 14% smack in the face .. Up over that .. then back down .. then Herman, always the last climb before we get back to the Chestnut Ridge Park .. From the parking lot if you look North west you can see Lake Erie and if you look North you see Buffalo New York .. And way off in the distance is Niagara Falls ..
So that is what we are doing .. and we'll do it at 12:00PM Noon EST ..
I'd like this to be a nice training ride and a way to see where me and many of my friends go at it as often as we can ..

malfukt

Post by malfukt » Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:32 am

& I'm out from 7am until 4pm Sunday :cry: :cry:
6G RAM dominator 1600Mhz
MSI NVIDIA 560 ti 1GB
CRUCIAL SSD

deru.esli

Post by deru.esli » Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:20 pm

Joe

Before login Time is 5.00 PM
Login with your name and software knows what time zone you are
My time is then 6.00 PM
it will try to join the race

grt
Rudi

Bowfluv

Post by Bowfluv » Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:47 pm

.. Nice to give a party and lots come .. We had 9 for the 5 Sisters Colden that was at Noon yesterday.. It's a 5 Climbs .. 4 pretty steeo and one long false flat ..
I really tried to do this as a training ride and NOT a race .. But you know how that goes. It was pretty close to that .. We had at least 4 countries represented, Holland, England, US and I think Norway was in there ..
We had a Malbros with us, is that you Mal?.. We had a woman, Louise, but she dropped out, but nicely alt C chatted that she was dropping out. Me, Rudi and Steve rolled along on the false flat .. Riders of the Storm style, then Steve and Rudi took off, got to Brown that was an Olympic Qualifying hill in 1964, Rudi took that .. We rolled to Rice, and this is intersting .. I know every millimeter of Rice, and I know you have to turn yourself inside out for the first 100 meters, which I did and I beat Rudi and Steve, so it was exactly like RL, then there is a long decent to the base of Herman, they took off.. I watched and Rudi took it . . Although I know if was RL, I would have been so close to Rudi's wheel I would have rubber in my teeth . . Interestingly the day before I did some of that ride in the RL and between me and my mano-a-mano we had 9 flats.. We had no flats and it was lots of fun .. Ill get something else up there for next week, one thiing though, I did not get a results email and another thing, heartrate still doesnt show .. other than that it was great.. And I would have waited for Louise ..

malfukt

Post by malfukt » Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:43 pm

HR for HOST of race does not show in 4.6 it will be fixed for 4.5 as will the licenced rides not working in 3.12
Last edited by malfukt on Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
6G RAM dominator 1600Mhz
MSI NVIDIA 560 ti 1GB
CRUCIAL SSD

Bowfluv

Post by Bowfluv » Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:00 pm

.. Thats great with the HR .. How's the "Cafe Empay" loop coming? .. Then I can sit there and go .. on and on about this and that ..

malbros

Re:

Post by malbros » Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:13 pm

Bowfluv wrote:.. Nice to give a party and lots come .. We had 9 for the 5 Sisters Colden that was at Noon yesterday.. It's a 5 Climbs .. 4 pretty steeo and one long false flat ..
I really tried to do this as a training ride and NOT a race .. But you know how that goes. It was pretty close to that .. We had at least 4 countries represented, Holland, England, US and I think Norway was in there ..
We had a Malbros with us, is that you Mal?.. ..
Hi Bowfluv - Malbros is myself - Malbros :) ( never meant to cause confusion with Malfukt ) I also refer to myself as Mal for short though i'm a newbie to Tacx .Also not from England - Wales :D where it is very hilly just like 5 sisters Colden . . Like all the ideas re chat / comms on ride lots of thoughts ideas on forum being suggested using e skype, teamspeak. etc - how do people type,sweat and ride at the same time.

My wife and I'm sure lots of other female riders, partners , GF's would like to have group ride ( mildly competitive :) ) but never seems anything for just the ladies in MP - can it be set up - a regular event(s).

See you on the MP circuit no doubt.
Malbros

Every ride is a race till I'm whupped, then it was a ride :wink:

i Genius, tts latest update - Black track
Lenovo Z51
Windows 10
i7 intel

Bowfluv

Re: Challenge - Discussion

Post by Bowfluv » Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:23 pm

Isnt this all new and snazzy!! I have not seen the spruced up forum. Mal from England and not from Wales, it's very nice.
Well. here is report about Sunday's Tacx Tour organized by Thomas Albertsen, 50 really tough K's, and the M's were just as hard although just a bit longer.
So, we had 18 at the start, I did a quick jot down of who all was from where.. France, Wales, Germany, Italy, Norway, Denmark, Germany, USA, Canada. So a really good representation, there might have been more. Of the 18 who started, 11 finished, Thomas the organizer pulled himself. The winner was Steffen, he had 5 miles on us, he said he had a good day. The most impressive I think was Brian F68M, (who I know is Fortius) he came by me and just kept going, picking off for Rob Lente and Rex, he just kept at it and eventually got himself in what I think is a very strong 2nd, Steffen I think is iVortex and I have no idea how that compares to the Fortius, but I know how hard I worked (260W-Avg) and Brian worked even harder.
The race split early, Kay was way up there, but faded, my particular battle was with Daniel Gigu, I'd get some good distance on the climbs, but he would claw back on the flats. Rex was very strong and I thnk let up a bit at the end, he knew he had me, although I really tried to get him, but could not make up the 30 seconds.
Steffen was way out there, but the group was all in all pretty tight in times, Brian was +9;15 and the last to finish was Eirik at +24:33 a 15 minute spread for 30 miles I think would be a good indication that it was a pretty fair race, even with differnt devices.
I know that I was wrecked, really wrecked, I left everything on the bike, my legs were twitching all day, I feel for you Euro guys, I got done at 13:30 it must have been hard for some of you who got done around 18 or 19.
I would like to take this opportunity to personally thank Thomas for organizing this and many other Multiplayer events, yes it has gained traction and it's only because he has presented consistent events. i cant always join in because of the time difference but the Sunday races are great and I am very happy they are at at time when I can participate.
If you open the calendar in the software you will see that there are many events and there seem to be more every day, it's working and a big thanks to all that are making it work, especially Thomas ..

BobBreton

Re: Challenge - Discussion

Post by BobBreton » Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:37 am

I was there on sunday but I crashed to dektop when the timer hit zero and the race was about to start.

Had to close TTS and restart it, when I logged back, the race was not even showing up in the list (not even as in progress)

Second week in a row I get weird bugs, last week was stuck to the initalising please wait screen and this week back to desktop.

Weird thing is, I can host MP sessions and run em till the end without problems. Malbros even rode with me and another competitor last week after all 3 of us could not join the tacxtour event on january 19th. We did the Black Forest course without problems, but we crashed on that Tacxtours event that day.

I'd love to join you up next week so here is a few questions that might help me out figuring why I'm crashing only on tacxtours events:

Are you guys using a Tacx dedicated servers or is someone hosting on their own computer?
Do we have to d/l the TTS prior to the race (2 weeks ago I did not but this week I did d/l it)?
Is it mandatory to use TTS 4 to participate?

Regards,

Bob
BobBreton
Fortius Multiplayer
TTS 3.12
Windows 7 64bits
CPU: Intel i5-2500K @ 3.3 ghz
Ram: 8 gigs
Nvidia GTX 560 Ti 1 gig

Return to “General”