Film Speed - Stupid question?

general chat

Moderators: mcorn, Tacx Moderator, Tacx Video Production, malfukt, Steve Newton, Tacx support, Nasz

Fitzm

Film Speed - Stupid question?

Post by Fitzm » Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:19 pm

HI All,

Recently bought my Flux, and have rode 4 rides. My last 2 rides while watch a Tacx (downloaded) Film. However, the film and the graphics superimposed on the film indicated that I was further along the route than I actually was (see below iPad reference), and the film finished a good few minutes before I had completed cycling the course. The film was running on my desktop computer connected to a monitor.

As a backup I also used my iPad to ride the same course, starting at the same time and completed the same course as the film. The iPad reflected a time and output as my previous ride on that same course, so I trust the information on my iPad to be correct for the ride.

Am I missing something,? Because I expected the film to represent my location and time accurately along the course as I rode it. Is there a setting I need to adjust to have the film accurately reflect my ride?

Hope the above maxes sense.

Cheers

Fitz

mcorn

Re: Film Speed - Stupid question?

Post by mcorn » Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:13 pm

Which software and which film were you using?

Regardless of software, it should be properly in sync. I assume that the hills are also out of sync - am I correct?

Fitzm

Post by Fitzm » Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:23 pm

Hi mcorn,

Yes I guessed they should sync, hopefully I'l have better look this evening, when I try again. Yep, there were hills.

The films were
Catalonia, Girona Pyrenees - Camprodon to Beget
Worlds Lap 2019 Yorkshire

Tax Desktop App 1.4 (8), running on a Mac mini, Mojave

Cheers

John

mcorn

Post by mcorn » Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:29 pm

If it is not in sync, you should contact support@tacx.com

Fitzm

Post by Fitzm » Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:33 pm

Thanks mcorn,

Will do if I have the same experience this evening. Contacting Support is normally a last resort, as my experience of Support is often an Oxymoron.

Hence me trying the Forum first.

Cheers

Fitzm

Fitzm

Post by Fitzm » Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:49 am

Hi mcorn,

My stupid question was asked because I'm a stupid user. Sorted it last night it was a D'oh! moment. :roll:

Blueberry

Post by Blueberry » Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:40 pm

Fitzm wrote:
Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:33 pm
Thanks mcorn,

Will do if I have the same experience this evening. Contacting Support is normally a last resort, as my experience of Support is often an Oxymoron.

Hence me trying the Forum first.

Cheers

Fitzm
well, maybe that`s your impression of the Tacx support ... I never had any reason to complain. They are quick, kind and very helpful to me.

EstBreath

Post by EstBreath » Mon Feb 04, 2019 12:35 am

Support has been generally good for me personally, but glad you got it figured out. There are no stupid questions!

Return to “General”