Neo/Flux noice levels

general chat

Moderators: malfukt, Steve Newton, Tacx support, mcorn, Tacx Moderator, Tacx Video Production, Nasz

Morten Christiansen

Neo/Flux noice levels

Post by Morten Christiansen » Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:48 pm

I’m the happy owner of a well used Bushido. The Bushido generally works well. However the Bushido do make a bit of noice.....which can be heard around the house when doing an early morning workout.

I am considering to upgrade to either a Neo or Flux. Before I make the investment in the Neo or Flux I just need to be sure I can “safely” use one of those trainers in an apartment without annoying the neighbors. Especially those living below my flat.

I was hoping forum members would share their experiences with me in regard of using a Tacx direct drive trainer inside an apartment. Have there been any complains from the neighbors?

Thanks,
Morten

Alex Masalovich

Re: Neo/Flux noice levels

Post by Alex Masalovich » Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:09 pm

Morten Christiansen wrote:
Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:48 pm
I’m the happy owner of a well used Bushido. The Bushido generally works well. However the Bushido do make a bit of noice.....which can be heard around the house when doing an early morning workout.
Make the epoxy fix:
https://waywardcyclist.wordpress.com/20 ... s-trainer/
Morten Christiansen wrote:
Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:48 pm
I was hoping forum members would share their experiences with me in regard of using a Tacx direct drive trainer inside an apartment. Have there been any complains from the neighbors?
In theory, it should be quiet. But in practice there are some unsuccessful exemplars. See the responses of Neo and Flux owners here:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/TacxNeoOwners/
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1246355348749602/
Тренируйтесь много, отдыхайте ещё больше!

mcorn

Post by mcorn » Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:30 pm

The epoxy fix for noise and slipping is perhaps the longest single thread on this forum. It is worth looking at all of it to read some lessons learned.

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=7691

Morten Christiansen

Post by Morten Christiansen » Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:34 am

Thanks for the answers.

I am well aware of the epoxy solution against elevated noice levels. I treated my old Fortius with epoxy a few times. However this is not a question about if I should keep my Bushido. There are several other factors which are in favour of the investment in the direct drive (smart) trainer. I am aware that some Neo units are not delivering on the expected low noice levels. So I'll make sure I purchase the unit somewhere I can give it back if any issues arise.

In the meantime I would still appreciate if any forum members could share their positive or negative experience with using either the Neo or Flux in an apartment where neighbours are present below, above and next door.

Thanks,
Morten

Return to “General”