Retirement

general chat

Moderators: Tacx support, mcorn, Tacx Moderator, Tacx Video Production, malfukt, Steve Newton, Nasz

wasupwitdat1

Retirement

Post by wasupwitdat1 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:04 am

Pros retire from cycling and slowly most of them get weaned from riding their bikes and their trainers for various reasons until they no longer prioritize their life around cycling. This has been my story in short but I've been weaned from riding my trainer and I fault Tacx for it. I have been riding Tacx trainers for about two decades and I got a lot of enjoyment but I also had a lot of disappointments. I use the term weaned because of those disappointments. I can't possibly count the number of times I've put the kit on and the software would not work. I bought myself a Neo thinking it would bring the joy back but that hasn't been the case. I look at my trainer every day but I don't want to ride it. In fact in the last month I think I've only been on it two times and I couldn't even ride 20 miles because I hated it so much. Even though I now have a working version of TTS4 the damage to my psyche has been done. I remember when riding the trainer was like a drug I had to have it and you couldn't get me to stop. But if you want someone to not be a drug addict you take the drugs away and that's sort of what I feel Tacx has done to me and my desire to ride the trainer by having so many software issues. Having said all that, what this also means is I don't have to stay tuned in to these forums to keep up to speed on issues on a regular basis. I know a lot of you Tacx fan boys haven't liked some of my comments so you won't have to be subject to my opinions any more. Yes that's right, I'm leaving the forums (retiring) so I'm sure some of you will be happy. Honestly most of you have been very helpful and I don't understand how you do it. I can't remember things or get it straight half the time which is probably due to some bike crashes while not wearing a helmet so I wasn't to helpful to others. I still won't wear a helmet but I still will ride my bike outdoors. Only slower. Good luck with Tacx TDA and be safe out there. 8)
NEO W2017
TTS4 4.22.7.0
Sony 49X900E 4K TV
Gigabyte G1 Sniper M3 Mobo
Intel i7 3770 @ 3.9 GHz
16Gb Ram @ 1600 MHz
Nvidia GTX 980 4095 GDDR5 Mem
Samsung 840 Pro 256G Hard Drive
Corsair 860 PSU
Windows 7 64bit Home Premium
No Internet Connection

thebigoneinfront

Re: Retirement

Post by thebigoneinfront » Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:54 am

wasupwitdat1 wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:04 am
Honestly most of you have been very helpful and I don't understand how you do it.
Oh, that‘s easy .. https://youtu.be/jHPOzQzk9Qo

wasupwitdat1

Re: Retirement

Post by wasupwitdat1 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:51 am

:lol:
NEO W2017
TTS4 4.22.7.0
Sony 49X900E 4K TV
Gigabyte G1 Sniper M3 Mobo
Intel i7 3770 @ 3.9 GHz
16Gb Ram @ 1600 MHz
Nvidia GTX 980 4095 GDDR5 Mem