Bushido brake unit on Vortex frame

general chat

Moderators: mcorn, Tacx Moderator, Tacx Video Production, malfukt, Steve Newton, Tacx support, Nasz

stapes789

Bushido brake unit on Vortex frame

Post by stapes789 » Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:39 am

I have a Vortex Smart but have recently moved house and my new garage has no power. I therefore need a turbo that runs without power. Please could someone tell me if a Bushido Smart brake unit will fit on to a Vortex Smart frame? Looking at the photos, the only difference looks to be the colour?

Thanks in advance

Alex Masalovich

Re: Bushido brake unit on Vortex frame

Post by Alex Masalovich » Sat Oct 21, 2017 10:04 am

You are right, the bracket on the frame looks the same:

But to confirm full compatibility requires an experiment or a request to the support@tacx.com.
Тренируйтесь много, отдыхайте ещё больше!

stapes789

Post by stapes789 » Sat Oct 21, 2017 10:26 am

Thanks Alex, I will get in touch.

mcorn

Post by mcorn » Sat Oct 21, 2017 5:54 pm

As far as I can tell, these frames are the same, other than the paint job. I think they are all based on the original Tacx Satori trainer. I have inter-changed Genius, Bushido and Vortex brakes on this frame.

P.S. Why not run a long extension cord out to the garage. It's a lot cheaper than a new brake. These trainers consume a very small amount of power, so you don't need a heavy cord. The Bushido is more finicky to use than the other trainers in my experience. Doing firmware updates can be difficult at times.

Alex Masalovich

Post by Alex Masalovich » Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:26 pm

mcorn wrote:
Sat Oct 21, 2017 5:54 pm
I think they are all based on the original Tacx Satori trainer. I have inter-changed Genius, Bushido and Vortex brakes on this frame.
The frame of the Satori T1856 has a different design of bracket:
viewtopic.php?f=25&t=25300
But frame of Booster T2500 has the same design of bracket as the Genius, Bushido and Vortex:
https://tacx.com/wp-content/themes/tacx ... r_1411.pdf
Тренируйтесь много, отдыхайте ещё больше!

mcorn

Post by mcorn » Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:47 pm

Alex Masalovich wrote:
Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:26 pm
mcorn wrote:
Sat Oct 21, 2017 5:54 pm
I think they are all based on the original Tacx Satori trainer. I have inter-changed Genius, Bushido and Vortex brakes on this frame.
The frame of the Satori T1856 has a different design of bracket:
viewtopic.php?f=25&t=25300
But frame of Booster T2500 has the same design of bracket as the Genius, Bushido and Vortex:
https://tacx.com/wp-content/themes/tacx ... r_1411.pdf
You are right. The Satori frame is generally the same as for the Genius, Bushido, and Vortex, except the brake attachment portion on the rear of the frame is similar to the earlier Imagic/Fortius/Cycleforce frame (and similar magnetic trainers) that used the plastic extension pieces for different wheel sizes.

But I still believe that the Genius, Bushido and Vortex brakes use the same frame.

Return to “General”