GPS rides

Everything about Training Profiles & routes

Moderators: mcorn, Tacx Moderator, malfukt, Tacx support, Nasz, Erik

Montydoodle

GPS rides

Post by Montydoodle » Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:43 am

Tacx are publicising their new downloadable GPS rides using Google maps but I can't see where on their website to acesss these. Can someone help and are they any good?

Tacx forum staff 2

Post by Tacx forum staff 2 » Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:37 pm

hello,

We hope that we can launch our new website this week.
There you can find also the gps rides.

mpacker99

Post by mpacker99 » Sun Aug 30, 2009 11:37 pm

Tacx forum staff 2 wrote:hello,

We hope that we can launch our new website this week.
There you can find also the gps rides.
has this been done yet?

Wesp

Post by Wesp » Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:09 am

Tacx 1902 I-magic "Multiplayer", Bushido & Genius Multiplayer
Fortius software 2.04/TTS 3/TTS4
Netathlon 1, 2, 2 XF for cycling
MS Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bits SP1
Intell Core i7-3770 CPU, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660

HughBee

RLV Route format

Post by HughBee » Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:50 pm

Hi,

Map My Ride is a leading route website in the US they wish to make more of their routes TACX compliant - to do so they would like a copy of several rides in a GPX or KML format that could be uploaded into BikeNet. Currently their download feature does not allow export of elevations or Google Earth data.

If anyone on this site can email me some .gpx files that effectively upload into BikeNet for RLV use then i will forward them to MapMyRide and they will make the appropriate template for their downloads (phbrown@mac.com).

Thanks

urbanrider

Re: RLV Route format

Post by urbanrider » Sun Jan 17, 2010 7:10 am

HughBee wrote:Hi,

Map My Ride is a leading route website in the US they wish to make more of their routes TACX compliant - to do so they would like a copy of several rides in a GPX or KML format that could be uploaded into BikeNet. Currently their download feature does not allow export of elevations or Google Earth data.

If anyone on this site can email me some .gpx files that effectively upload into BikeNet for RLV use then i will forward them to MapMyRide and they will make the appropriate template for their downloads (phbrown@mac.com).

Thanks
HughBee,

Did a little research on this tonight and found that if I exported a KML file from MapMyRide and then used app called 3D Route Builder, I could add the altitude data into the file. 3D RB uses Google Earth data, so the resulting profile can be a little choppy. A great feature of 3D RB is that it has a smoothing utility that can even out these sudden bumps into a more realistic terrain.

Check out the video tutorials to see how easy this is. Free download limits number of points in a file, but I successfully exported GPX file with a 20+ mile ride. (For some reason TTS2 wouldn't import the KML file that I'd exported. GPX was no problem, though.) Also, not sure about the GPS view. Looked really strange, sort of like a couple of rides I'd downloaded from BikeNet, so I'm not sure about this. I've never used the GE plug-in w/i TTS2, since I am using wireless and don't want to bog down PC. I might try moving computer closer to router and hardwire to take a look at the GPS view and see whether the route makes any sense or is garbage. I would be happy just to have a reasonably accurate profile, though.

I assume that you could use text editor or similar to recombine segments of a longer ride or you can upgrade for around $24 to version w/o this limitation.

http://hybridgeotools.com/html/3d_route_builder.html

Jim

urbanrider

Post by urbanrider » Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:57 am

Update

Despite the strange appearance of the route in the GPS preview in TTS2, when I got the GE satellite view loaded in TTS2 things looked correct.

Jim

Return to “Profile & Route”