Getting a new NEO today :) some Route questions please

Everything about Training Profiles & routes

Moderators: malfukt, Tacx support, mcorn, Tacx Moderator, Nasz, Erik

Portman

Getting a new NEO today :) some Route questions please

Post by Portman » Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:13 pm

Hello everybody,

I will be happy to learn my options regarding riding in real (GPS) routes and Zwift. your help will be appreciated!!:)

1. If I would like to ride on the NEO a real ride that I have in my Garmin Connect log. Should I export it as GPX ? or use the " Export to Google Earth " ?
Then, I save it on desktop and import it by the TACX softawre ?

2. I understand that I can download various GPS rides, correct ? from where please

3. When I NEO such a GPS / street-view ride - Am I going to see the road ahead (real google view) on my screen ?

4. I understand that when riding an imported real route, I can decide what Power to use (can climb at any wattage I chose, like in real outdoor ride) - is that correct ?

5. I should get (download ? from where ?) the Google-earth plugin for that ?

6. Please, what are my other options for routes, Zwift (that I've never used yet) is one of them? any others?

Thanks a lot!

Portman

Does this work ?

https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=Y ... AWQBGgw8yM:

ttelmah

Re: Getting a new NEO today :) some Route questions please

Post by ttelmah » Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:23 pm

You realise you need to buy the Google License to use this feature?.
The gradient you get will be a simulation of the real gradient. However you can elect to ride it as if the gradient was more or less using the Power Factor setting.
You have an overhead 'map' view, and then the up/down arrows on the handlebar controller allow you to switch to the street view.
If importing a ride from a GPS, the package imports normal .gpx files.
You do not need the plug-in, the code is included in the package.
For an imported ride it is worth using a package like 3D route builder and just slightly smoothing the ride.

thebigoneinfront

Post by thebigoneinfront » Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:03 pm

It may also be an idea to do without the Tacx Trainer Software and the Google license and use the Tacx Cycling App or the Tacx Training App and the Tacx Cloud for the time being. Tacx Cloud can import .gpx and convert it into a Workout for the Cycling or Training Apps. No map view or StreetView, though, but a cost-free option until we see what will become of GPS Rides in the Desktop App. (Desktop App needs Win 10, though, so without that TTS and Google license are the way to go if map view and StreetView are important.)

mcorn

Post by mcorn » Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:13 pm

Even at its best, Street View is not very good.

Return to “Profile & Route”