Neo Smart trainer won't connect to iPad

Here you can discuss the Tacx Cycling App for iOS devices.

Moderators: malfukt, mcorn, Nasz, Lunatix

Smarty65

Neo Smart trainer won't connect to iPad

Post by Smarty65 » Fri Nov 20, 2015 8:08 pm

Hi, I just received my new Neo Smart trainer. I connected it yesterday with my iPad and it was automatically detected and it worked fine. This morning, none of my iPhone or iPad will detect it and I'm now unable to connect it to the application. I unconnected it for few minutes, reconnected but still, I'm unable to connect it to the app as it is not being seen by the iPad although the Bluetooth light is blue on the unit and an iPad reset in order to make sure Bluetooth connection wasn't at fault. Anybody can help with this? Did I receive a faulty unit after having wait for 6 weeks??? Thanks, Martin

Camasco

Re: Neo Smart trainer won't connect to iPad

Post by Camasco » Sat Jan 23, 2016 12:02 am

Hi.....did you ever get an answer to your question as I cannot see a thread. I am currently trying to connect to my new Neo via Bluetooth and iPad and zilch, nada Nothing! Rebooted iPad and can connect phone to the iPad but not the trainer. I have always been wary of Tacx due to crap software reliability and went to Cycleops...saw this bought it and now I am thing I have bought another Tacx dog.

Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated.

thebigoneinfront

Re: Neo Smart trainer won't connect to iPad

Post by thebigoneinfront » Sat Jan 23, 2016 3:41 pm

Did you try both the Tacx Utility App and the Tacx Cycling App? The Tacx Training App is for iPhone.
Do you possibly have another active BT connection?
Utility and Training Apps were updated these days, so was iOS. Does updating change anything?

Return to “iOS”