Film and incline get out of sync

Here you can discuss the Tacx Cycling App for iOS devices.

Moderators: malfukt, mcorn, Nasz, Lunatix

Mr_Karlos

Film and incline get out of sync

Post by Mr_Karlos » Wed Sep 24, 2014 8:43 pm

I was using the app today with the Liège-Bastogne-Liège 2013 film. After about 8km I switched the display to check the chart when I switched back to video I noticed I was on a part of the video that I had been on earlier. I carried on and obviously the film was out of sync with the incline/resistance. I checked the chart again and the film again went back to the same position and I cycled past the same group of people again.

Has anyone seen this problem before? Is there away to fix?

Lunatix
Site Admin

Re: Film and incline get out of sync

Post by Lunatix » Thu Sep 25, 2014 11:41 am

We are not aware of this issue. Does this happen repeatedly?
I assume you rode on the video view for a couple of minutes then went to chart view (aka catalyst/graph view) and then back to video.

Each time it started at the start of the video?

Andy_S

Post by Andy_S » Thu Nov 20, 2014 1:04 pm

I experienced the same issue on Milan San Remo yesterday (my first ever Tacx film) I actually thought it was a bug in the film, but the glitch happened as I went into the chart view for a moment after the summit at Cipressa. The film skipped back to the last km of the ascent. After that the film was about 5 min behind the resistance/incline. meaning the film showed the climb of the Poggio as I descended... Not very inspiring.

Mr_Karlos

Post by Mr_Karlos » Sat Dec 06, 2014 7:19 pm

I downloaded a new film and this happened again. I received a 5% power level dialog popup and then the film restarted from the beginning but the brake data continued for the remaining 10 minutes of the film so the incline was out of sync with the film.

There is definitely a bug in the software to do with the film sync.

CRB

Post by CRB » Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:04 pm

Experienced the same issue with the hautacam 3. Had to pause for a sec, then after switching between graph and video view while cycling, the video starts to loop.

Gasguzzla

Post by Gasguzzla » Mon Jan 12, 2015 1:16 pm

I've had the same issue with Leige Bastogne Leige part 1. Seems that the video pauses for no reason (I wasn't going THAT slowly!) then jumps back to a previous section. Switching to graph view and back again syncs the video back to its proper place but still a bit annoying.
Any progress on patching this?

pjskyboy

Post by pjskyboy » Sun Sep 18, 2016 3:39 pm

Hi

I have recently experienced this - on my first use of the Tacx Cycling App with a long video (Ventoux Bédoin ascent). Previous videos (free demos) have all been fine as far as I can tell.

Looking at the earlier posts, switching to the incline view for a period of time may be the cause? Anyone able to comment?

The resistance/incline of the ride seemed to be in sync with the distance ridden (it got very easy as I hit the downhill on the last few metres) but the video was way behind - maybe about 3-4 km!! So from an effort "experience" point of view, no problem - but it would be nice to have actually seen the top of the Giant of Provence after all that!

Is this sort of thing normal with the android tablet app? The video is a great motivator and I am hoping to use it as prep for the real thing, so I'd like to get familiar with the visuals one can expect at the various efforts as I ascend.

Android Kit Kat 4.x
Huawei T1 7.0
Tacx Neo - firmware up to date AFAIK

pjskyboy

Post by pjskyboy » Sun Sep 18, 2016 3:41 pm

Doh! Wrong section of the forum! I have re-posted to the Android area.

Apologies....

Return to “iOS”