First impression on tacx app

Here you can discuss the Tacx Cycling App for iOS devices.

Moderators: mcorn, malfukt, Nasz, Lunatix

roman77

First impression on tacx app

Post by roman77 » Sun Nov 17, 2013 1:32 pm

Hi all,
Winter is back in town - so i'm back in the tacx forums. :-)

I just tested the new tacx app successfully on the ipad.
In general i had no problems to connect my ant heartbeat sensor and no problems to connect the bushido.
Also, the calibration works just fine. I'm very happy with the interface anyway. Congratulations to tacx.

A few things i discovered. Ordered by importance for myself:

1) if not using a predefined catalyst training (i use the first option, in englisch version probably something like 'user training' or 'manual training'), the session will not be saved for analysis. Even more important for me: i cannot export a completed training. I track all my training with golden cheetah and need the hrm export.

2) if you switch the app during a training, tacx software no longer records. However, it starts again whn you go back to the tacx app where you left off. Not sure if 'background recording' would be supportd by ios...this means you cannot watch a youtube movie while using the tacx app on e same ipad.

3) half the sessions i started had a problem with the countdown. The countdown counted from 5 to 0 and then started back at 5... Endless loop. It didn't change when i just started to pedale. No recording happened. Close the session and restart, sometimes solved the problem.

4) heartrate is missing in the first few seconds of a session. This is just something i realised, but that might be not too important in general.

All in all, the new app is pretty good. Set up is done in a few seconds and as long as you don't want your ride data back on your pc, it's maybe very good.

Looking forward for some more feedback and we'll see what the futur brings.

Keep on pedaling!
Tacx Bushido, TTS 4.8, Tacx pulse belt, Suunto Movestick mini
Win7 x64

Paul_Holmgren

Re: First impression on tacx app

Post by Paul_Holmgren » Fri Nov 22, 2013 12:35 pm

roman77 wrote:2) if you switch the app during a training, tacx software no longer records. However, it starts again whn you go back to the tacx app where you left off. Not sure if 'background recording' would be supportd by ios...this means you cannot watch a youtube movie while using the tacx app on e same ipad.
Me to :?:

eiohan

Post by eiohan » Sun Nov 24, 2013 11:32 pm

Hi

My first impression is also very positive (I run to some problems after installing the recent update, about this in a separate post).
Few thing I'm missing from the app:
a) Zoom in, into the section - get some more detailed information on the section I'm riding right now (similar to the one on the handlebar, I have the Bushido). A screen that will tell me - length of the section, time ridden in the section, distance left or passed and more.
b) Estimated calories spend during training.
c) Missing the bar that reflects the symmetry between the legs rotation (has it in the handlebar). Of course providing some more data on this matter will be welcome.

Looking forward to see more updates,

Enjoy riding ...

eiohan

Post by eiohan » Sun Dec 08, 2013 5:13 am

One additional comment on the colors selection:

One of the more important data while riding on the trainer is Power. For some reason the color selected for power is pale yellow which is far less distinctive than the blue selected for speed, which for me is the least important data while on the trainer.
What is also surprising is the inability to choose colors to each data stream or to hide some of them (it's an app on iPad after all, and it's all about the user experience )

Enjoy riding....

bob190

Post by bob190 » Mon Dec 30, 2013 12:13 am

Used the app for the first time today and it worked flawlessly. Rode the first 20 miles of the Corsica RLV and really enjoyed how it works. It is just incomprehensible that they didn't build in a way to export your data. Just about every other cycling or running app has this function, can't believe it would have been that hard to implement.

But a good start I guess, hopefully the data export is tops on list of enhancements.

sc99cs

Post by sc99cs » Mon Dec 30, 2013 1:11 am

bob190 wrote:Used the app for the first time today and it worked flawlessly. Rode the first 20 miles of the Corsica RLV and really enjoyed how it works. It is just incomprehensible that they didn't build in a way to export your data. Just about every other cycling or running app has this function, can't believe it would have been that hard to implement.

But a good start I guess, hopefully the data export is tops on list of enhancements.
Do you know if the Ipad app can play the films directly?
Steve Coburn
Telford, Shropshire. UK

AMD FX-4100 quad core 3.6 GHz; 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz DDR3 RAM
GTX 650 Ti Series Graphic Card 2GB DDR5 memory; SSD Boot drive

bob190

Post by bob190 » Mon Dec 30, 2013 1:21 am

It can, but only those that are available in the app. You can't ride your PC RLVs in the iPad app unfortunately.

sc99cs

Post by sc99cs » Mon Dec 30, 2013 1:25 am

bob190 wrote:It can, but only those that are available in the app. You can't ride your PC RLVs in the iPad app unfortunately.
Thanks for this info. Can you transfer an avi file via iTunes and get the ipad just to play back the video as a film (ie no training data)?
Steve Coburn
Telford, Shropshire. UK

AMD FX-4100 quad core 3.6 GHz; 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz DDR3 RAM
GTX 650 Ti Series Graphic Card 2GB DDR5 memory; SSD Boot drive

LotusSA

Post by LotusSA » Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:51 am

Not sure if the Tacx people themselves look at this. But does anyone have a likely timeline for being able to export the data from the iPad app?

This seems to be the one remaining item required to take the app (and in my case, not having a recent enough computer for the software, the whole trainer) from interesting to truly useful.

Lunatix
Site Admin

Post by Lunatix » Tue Jan 14, 2014 6:22 pm

LotusSA wrote:Not sure if the Tacx people themselves look at this. But does anyone have a likely timeline for being able to export the data from the iPad app?

This seems to be the one remaining item required to take the app (and in my case, not having a recent enough computer for the software, the whole trainer) from interesting to truly useful.
There is no timeline for this yet. I have noticed this is one of the most asked features but i cannot say or guarantuee any timeline.

Heidiho

Exporting session from Tacx Training App

Post by Heidiho » Thu Feb 16, 2017 12:42 pm

Hi, I am a bit new to forums so forgive me if I'm not in the right pace exactly. I have recorded a training session on the Tacx Training app on iphone and would now like to export the file in any form. Is that possible? By the way, the session is stored on the cloud and also shows on the ipad app. Thanks

clucking

Re: Exporting session from Tacx Training App

Post by clucking » Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:00 pm

Heidiho wrote:
Thu Feb 16, 2017 12:42 pm
Hi, I am a bit new to forums so forgive me if I'm not in the right pace exactly. I have recorded a training session on the Tacx Training app on iphone and would now like to export the file in any form. Is that possible? By the way, the session is stored on the cloud and also shows on the ipad app. Thanks
In the cloud you can go to Training - Activities - push share button on the ride/activity you like and select download TCX.
In the settings - also in the cloud - you can select that you want a download link to TCX file after finishing a training.
Shuttle XPC SX58H7 PRO
Intel i7-980 w. 6 Cores 3.33 GHz
16 GB Ram
GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2GB eVGA
Win 10 64 bit
500 GB SSD
Epson projector using 1980x1020
Neo running TTS and Bushido Smart running Tacx iPad app

Heidiho

Post by Heidiho » Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:10 pm

Thanks Clucking. Ok so I can't see any share button neither on the iphone app or the ipad app. Anyway, another question if I may: I'm trying to simulate a GPS ride on my tacx Genius trainer using the tacx Cycling app for ipad. The app has a GPS button, which when pressed leads to a screen where the only option is to press an Info button. When that is pressed then it says Description, which is empty.

Am I missing something? Many thanks!

Lunatix
Site Admin

Post by Lunatix » Fri Mar 17, 2017 3:36 pm

Heidi,

The use of the GPS view is when you have GPS trainings on the cloud (Soon importable at cloud.Tacx.com) they'll show.

So the current version of TCA has been released with this as a possibility and the Cloud wasn't ready yet. So as soon as that feature is released you'll be able to import GPs trainings in the cloud and TCA will download them so you are able to ride them :)

ms6073

Post by ms6073 » Fri Mar 17, 2017 3:39 pm

Heidiho wrote:
Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:10 pm
Ok so I can't see any share button neither on the iphone app or the ipad app.
I may be mistaken, but the reply was in reference to items stored on the Tacx Cloud, not the Tacx App.
TTS 4.19.1 | T2800 NEO Smart [formerly Bushido & Fortius]
MSI GS70 Laptop | Windows 10 x64
Intel Core i7-4710HQ 2.40 GHz | 16 Gb DDR3 1600 MHz
GeForce GTX 870M | 256 GB SSD x 2 RAID 0 + 1 TB HDD
Samsung 32" LED TV

Return to “iOS”