Graphics Cards/Drivers - SURVEY REQUIRED for SUCCESS

VR World questions

Moderators: Tacx support, mcorn, Tacx Moderator, malfukt, Nasz, Fortius Magical Man

hugebee

Post by hugebee » Thu Dec 25, 2008 11:43 pm

I use to have jumpy screens and lockups of my graphics when I first tried this software. The video card I was using was a Radeon 9550 series with 265 MB of ram but I didn't have much memory so I loaded 2 GB of memory, but I still had jumping. I got a HIS Radeon 1650XT Turbo IceQ with 512 MB video and I upgraded the power supply of my desk top with a Xilense 600W power suppy with a 120mm fan. Got to keep things cool so add some fans. I am now in the clear. I turned the graphics to max and it runs great. I her the fans hummin too. I know this thing is sucking some power but it works very well. I also am using XP with a P4 processor but I plan on upgrading that too in the near future. :D

hugebee

Post by hugebee » Thu May 07, 2009 9:19 pm

hugebee wrote:I use to have jumpy screens and lockups of my graphics when I first tried this software. The video card I was using was a Radeon 9550 series with 265 MB of ram but I didn't have much memory so I loaded 2 GB of memory, but I still had jumping. I got a HIS Radeon 1650XT Turbo IceQ with 512 MB video and I upgraded the power supply of my desk top with a Xilense 600W power suppy with a 120mm fan. Got to keep things cool so add some fans. I am now in the clear. I turned the graphics to max and it runs great. I her the fans hummin too. I know this thing is sucking some power but it works very well. I also am using XP with a P4 processor but I plan on upgrading that too in the near future. :D
Since I wrote my last respone I've upgraded to another even more powerful computer. It's a self built using a Phenom Quad core processor, with 4GB of ram, Asus mother board with the 790GX chipset. A Radeon 4870 HD IceQ Turbo 1G, A Solid State Hard Drive, and a 850W power supply. Lots of fans and is over-clocked about 3%. Tacx can't F with me now. Well maybe a little. The buttons have a visual buggar in them but the program runs good so I don't care about the buttons or what they look like. This problem showed up with two different 4870 graphics cards made by two different manufactures. Went back to the 3870 card and the buttons were ok but the hesitation in one of the towns came back. I only care about how he program runs so I went back to the 4870. Next I will be trying the program while using ATI Crossfire. I'm not anticipating any improvements though. It seems like 125fps or there abouts is all thing is going to do.

geebee

Post by geebee » Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:00 am

Since upgrding to the latest Fortius software my setup runs as smooth as silk.
Ati 9600 pro 64meg (latest drivers), Amd 2600 cpu, 1.5 gig ram on a clean XP install.
RLV's max out at 10% cpu load :)

worldwidewillem

Post by worldwidewillem » Fri Jul 31, 2009 8:39 pm

My system:

P4 2.4 GHz.
1 GB RAM
ATi X1950 Pro AGP
ATI Catalyst
Driver Version 8.476.0.0
Driver Date 3/28/2008

Runs like a charm

Las

Post by Las » Sun Jan 30, 2011 1:15 pm

What about the TTS v3. does it have the same requerments??

KeithD
Location: UK, Gateshead. (You've got to move fast, you never know who's catching up.)

Post by KeithD » Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:42 pm

If you have problems running Fortius remove your graphics card and plug in to your on-board graphics.
Give it a try. I have done this on two computers, one old computer and one newer computer that had a good graphics card a 8600 nnvida.
I was very surprised that they worked faultlessly and better than the supposedly better graphics cards.
I did not even get the low frame rate message. The pacers did not flip flop at speed.
As we are constantly told that our computers are not up to it and to use better faster computers with more powerful graphics cards to get this software to work. I was gob smacked that on-board graphics work better.
Your never a loser until you give up trying.

Jake

Post by Jake » Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:12 am

my system has duel graphics. i'm not having any problems running any part of tts 4,4. most of the time.
Name NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M
Name Intel(R) HD Graphics 3000
smasung laptop with 8gb ram, Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2670QM CPU @ 2.20GHz, 2201 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)
the graphic card are set to auto. :wink:

Return to “Fortius VR Terrains”