VR Problems and Inconsistencies

VR World questions

Moderators: Tacx support, mcorn, Tacx Moderator, malfukt, Nasz, Fortius Magical Man

Sunnysider

VR Problems and Inconsistencies

Post by Sunnysider » Fri Sep 26, 2014 1:38 pm

Hi - I know I'm a bit late to the party with this but I've just got an i-magic and I'm having some problems in the VR world.

I have a Win 7 64 bit machine, so, I've created a 'virtual' Vista 32 bit machine for the sole purpose of running this software.

On that machine I have running Fortius Software 2.0.3, i-magic Fortius Software 2.0.4 and Catalyst Fortius Software 2.0.3 (all taken from 'info' within the software).

I have the white T1904 controller with the green ring.

On RLV I have no issues, I pedal the video moves, I go faster, it goes faster etc.

On Virtual Reality I'm having some strange issues I'm finding that sometimes:
1) I can be the only rider and when I pedal I will move
2) I can be the only rider and when I pedal I don't move from the start line (but watts register)
3) I can try the same course and add some opponents and find that I will move
4) I can try the same course and add some opponents and find that I don't move

I'm finding it increasingly frustrating. Last night I rode Callisto / Cancer with opponents and it worked fine, if I try to do it on my own without opponents it will not move. But, if I try to do Callisto / Leo I cannot move from the start line whether I'm on my own, with opponents, with or without a virtual reality rider.

At the moment this is all running off a fresh install on the virtual machine. I'm using all stock courses / routes so can't figure out why some are working and others are not.

Any ideas?

mcorn

Re: VR Problems and Inconsistencies

Post by mcorn » Fri Sep 26, 2014 6:16 pm

Of course, this is a completely unsupported and very old legacy product, but I have not had a problem running it.

Did you update all the way to 2.04?

What are your video resources on your PC?

Vista often seems to have issues. I used to run this on an XP machine, but now use 32-bit W7. Not sure if there are any issues in a virtual environment.

For the VR program to run correctly, audio has to also be actually working.

Sunnysider

Post by Sunnysider » Sat Sep 27, 2014 12:00 am

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, it is on 2.0.4. The video / audio all seems to be working fine. The problem seems to be that in one session I can try to run a VR course say, Callisto Leo, and the rider won't move from the start line. I can then change the course to Callisto Cancer and it works perfectly, peddling makes the rider move.

Thats the odd thing about it. There is no re-boot, no re-install, just a selection of a different circuit within the same land and it will work or not work. Or, sometimes adding riders will make it work, others removing them will make it work all from the same 'loading' of the program.

I've read so many issues and problems with this software and thought I'd done well managing to get it loaded an running fine on a 64 bit machine but clearly something isn't working but I've no idea what, it just seems such an odd and inconsistant issue.

mcorn

Post by mcorn » Sun Sep 28, 2014 12:13 am

I think you have something wrong in your installation. I opened my Version 2.04 and on the Info screen, the Fortius Software, Imagic Fortius Software, and Catalyst Fortius Software all show Version 2.04 with a 24-2-2009 version date. Your different version numbers indicates a faulty update and none of them are 2.04.

I would recommend uninstalling and reinstalling. Both the Version 2.03 and Version 2.04 updates should have 2 update files (the menu update and VR update - you run the menu one first). You have to install both of them. Also, be sure the USB is not plugged in.

There is also a Velodrome and Exteme Mountainbike update which adds additional VR worlds.

Links to downloads for all of this can be found here:

viewtopic.php?f=17&t=17580

Sunnysider

Post by Sunnysider » Sun Sep 28, 2014 11:47 pm

Thanks again for your reply.

That link is where I got all my information from previously to get me to the position where I'm at now. Without it I probably wouldn't have been up and running at all so I hope it and the files stay linked on the forum!

I'm intreagued by your post where you say the updates should have 2 files the menu and VR update. From the files on that link there is only one file FortiusVR204.exe I've run that again and it states that it has sucessfully updated i Magic to 2.0.4 (though the other two remain as 2.0.3).

I guess I can live with this for now.

If I decide to upgrade to (buy) TTS4 am I right in thinking that my configuration should work straight away on Win7 64 bit?

mcorn

Post by mcorn » Mon Sep 29, 2014 2:15 am

Yes, I justice noticed that there are only links to the FortiusVR203.exe and FortiusVR204VR.exe files. I had not noticed that before. In my personal archives that I successfully use to install this software, I have the following update files:

Fortius203.exe 7885 Kb
FortiusVR203.exe 4455 Kb
Fortius204.exe 7901 Kb
FortiusVR204.exe 4224 Kb

Possibly the operators of the VCF league have concluded you do not need the other files, but this is what I have used. It may be that the regular update only updates a version number.

You can also download the Fortius203.exe and Fortius204.exe files from the following Lunicus website (they are RAR compressed). I notice that this website does not have the VR updates, so between the two sets of links you can get everything. They are the same files that I have used:

http://www.lunicus.org/tacx/Fortius.htm

It's also possible that some of Microsoft runtimes are not working correctly in your Vista/Virtual environment. Have you run Microsoft Update on your Vista installation to confirm that everything is current?

Sunnysider

Post by Sunnysider » Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:38 pm

Hi,

Thanks again for your post. I've installed those updates and now all 3 items are showing as 2.0.4

I've had marginally more sucess, for example I can now ride 'Leo' as log as I have opponents (it still won't work if I'm the sole rider).

On some other courses / routes (even on Callisto land) I have the original problem in that the rider won't move regardless of what I do e.g. whether I have opponents or not.

Still with your help I've managed to crack a bit more. I'm pretty much out of ideas now, its very odd. So, I think I'll stick with this for a little while then maybe upgrade to TTS4 when I want something new. I guess (hope) that should all work ok.

thanks again!

mcorn

Post by mcorn » Wed Oct 01, 2014 1:24 am

Usually, the rider not moving at the start is caused by the sound not working. I assume that you are hearing sound when the countdown clock is moving to 0?

Did you download and install the Velodrome and Extreme Mountainbike add-ons?

Did you run Windows Update for Vista?

Return to “Fortius VR Terrains”