Connect Polar T31 to TTS4

Training Zones & other HRM related stuff

Moderators: Tacx support, mcorn, Tacx Moderator, Tacx Video Production, malfukt

dellock6

Connect Polar T31 to TTS4

Post by dellock6 » Sat Mar 04, 2017 3:52 pm

Hi all,
I've read almost any available post in these forums, but none of the existing discussion can help, so I'm posting this new one.

I have a TACX Bushido Smart T2780 and a couple of Polar chest bands. I usually train with TrainerRoad on a Mac, so I connect the Bushido and a Polar H7 via Bluetooth, and I have never had any issue. As I have many routes saved on Strava, I liked the idea to replay them during winter on my Bushido, so I bought also TTS4 Advanced, a google maps license and an ANT+ USB Antenna ("Anself" is the brand on the outside, identified as Dynastream Innovations, Inc. on my windows 10 laptop).

The Bushido is identified and connected immediately by TTS4 via ANT+, but there's no way to also connect a Polar T31 chestband that I have. I'm sure the band is ok as I can connect it to my Polar F6 watch in no time. Anyone has any idea how this could be fixed? I understood that TACX is not going to develop bluetooth support anytime soon (some posts are 3 years old by now on the same topic) so I'm trying to work around this issue and have a working setup. I'd prefer to stay on TTS4 since VirtualSpeed is a really nice feature to simulate downhills, I also tried Skuga and it's honestly way better than TTS4 for Strava based rides, but I have to ride even on downhills to make it move...

Any help would be really appreciated.

Thanks,
Luca

ms6073

Re: Connect Polar T31 to TTS4

Post by ms6073 » Sat Mar 04, 2017 10:38 pm

You will need an ANT+ compatible HR strap. My understanding is that Polar's T31 is an analogue HR transmitter and while I would easily connect to older legacy trainers such as the Tacx Fortius, it is not ANT+ capable, and an ANT+ Antenna is not going to detect it.
TTS 4.19.1 | T2800 NEO Smart
MSI GS70 Laptop | Windows 10 x64 | Intel Core i7-4710HQ 2.40 GHz | 16 Gb DDR3 1600 MHz | GeForce GTX 870M
Samsung 32" LED TV

dellock6

Re: Connect Polar T31 to TTS4

Post by dellock6 » Sat Mar 04, 2017 10:57 pm

Thanks. Any suggestion about a ANT+ band?

Return to “Heart rate”