Turning on Heart Rate

Training Zones & other HRM related stuff

Moderators: malfukt, Tacx support, mcorn, Tacx Moderator, Tacx Video Production

wsamoska

Turning on Heart Rate

Post by wsamoska » Mon Jan 11, 2016 8:06 pm

I've got my Tacx Heart Rate device recognized in TTS and when I click on the device it shows my heart rate. But when I start a video ride, heart rate is not visible. The other parameters such as rpm and slope, etc. show, but no heart rate. I have read in this forum about "turning on" the device, but I've been unable to locate any such on-off switch. Any help deeply appreciated. Thanks.

thebigoneinfront

Re: Turning on Heart Rate

Post by thebigoneinfront » Mon Jan 11, 2016 9:56 pm

Click on tne HR strap picture on the right, you will find the HR settings in the window that opens.

wsamoska

Post by wsamoska » Wed Jan 13, 2016 10:19 pm

Hi, thanks for your response. I did locate the settings for the heart strap and it contains many thresholds and boxes for public or not, but there is nothing in the settings that states or implies "on" or "off". I get heart rate readings in the workouts (and in the settings box), but I just can't seem to get them in the films. Any ideas? Thanks again.

thebigoneinfront

Post by thebigoneinfront » Thu Jan 14, 2016 11:28 am

Do you have a box in the bottom info bar for heart rate in the films that doesn't display the numbers or do you have no box for the heart rate in the bottom info bar? If you don't have that box, press the enter buttonon your handlebar unit while riding, then an onscreen menu opens that allows you to configure display settings including the bottom info bar.

wsamoska

Post by wsamoska » Thu Jan 14, 2016 7:49 pm

Thanks, I thought we had it. I loaded a ride (Argus) and pressed the center control and got a menu, which included Bottom Panel! Then I got a selection of submenus, which included "Information", "Minimal" and "Track". Unfortunately, the Information and Minimal Information choices gave me large and small parameters for everything except heart rate?? I know the heart rate registers because I've used it on workouts. It just doesn't work on the rides. Is it possible that the Real Life Videos don't allow heart rate? All help deeply appreciated.

thebigoneinfront

Post by thebigoneinfront » Thu Jan 14, 2016 8:06 pm

There is more in these menus... :D Not sure about the English terms, so using what the German terms would mean in English, but there's another menu point in those on-screen menus called "Heart Rate" that allows you to select HR as beats per minute or % of max. HR, and another one called "Training Information" that allows you to select or unselect heart rate.

wsamoska

Post by wsamoska » Thu Jan 14, 2016 11:35 pm

thebigoneinfront, thanks so much for all your help. A strange thing happened. After I read your most recent advice, I started the program again to look for those other menus. I still didn't find any other menus, but for some reason the BPM appeared on the bottom panel!! So I've got what I need, but I am not giving up trying to find the heart rate submenus that you described. Thanks again.

thebigoneinfront

Post by thebigoneinfront » Fri Jan 15, 2016 8:41 am

Maybe that was just some quirk in the settings file for those on-screen menu settings that was corrected when you just touched those settings at all. HR display is on by default, this was the odd part of what you saw. Glad that it works. Happy training!

Return to “Heart rate”