HRM and ANT+

Training Zones & other HRM related stuff

Moderators: malfukt, Tacx support, mcorn, Tacx Moderator, Tacx Video Production

mikem401

HRM and ANT+

Post by mikem401 » Sat Jan 17, 2015 7:10 pm

Hi,

I have TTS4.12 Software and an iFlow Upgrade Trainer. I also use Garmin 500 device which records HRM, Speed and Cadence (all via ANT+).

Everything works fine but I would like to see my Heart Rate in TTS when training. I find Tacx websites pretty confusing so would like to know if the purchase of an ANT+ Stick (generic) would allow TTS software to connect to my HRM?

If NOT then what do I need in order to get my HRM data showing in TTS?

Thanks in advance,

Mike

thebigoneinfront

Re: HRM and ANT+

Post by thebigoneinfront » Sat Jan 17, 2015 8:29 pm

Yes, an ANT+ stick will pick up your ANT+ HR strap in TTS. My wife's Fortius and TTS (updated to 4.13.1, but hat shouldn't matter as this feature was introduced in 4.12) work that way, with a Garmin ANT+ stick.

focus

Post by focus » Tue Jan 20, 2015 6:49 pm

thebigoneinfront wrote:Yes, an ANT+ stick will pick up your ANT+ HR strap in TTS. My wife's Fortius and TTS (updated to 4.13.1, but hat shouldn't matter as this feature was introduced in 4.12) work that way, with a Garmin ANT+ stick.
I have Fortius with TTS 4.12.1. Until now I was using Sigma analog HR strap, but had lots of interference with it (very often unusable data). Possibility to use ant+ strap sounds great.
I have Garmin Forerunner 50 with HR strap and usb ant+ stick. When I tried to connect it with TTS nothing happened. I went to Add device under Settings menu, inserted usb stick and pressed scan. Nothing was found.
Could you please write how did you managed to connect them? Is there some other ant+ stick that I need?

malfukt

Post by malfukt » Tue Jan 20, 2015 7:19 pm

Is the PC recognising your Garmin ANT stick (Do you have Garmin ANT AGENT on PC, if so turn it off, interferes with TTS connection), are you using USB 2 or 3 port (as issues with usb3 use) ..are you using 4.12 > , have you gone into SETUP/DEVICE MANAGER and selected "ADD DEVICE" then once found, selected device and selected "CONNECT"
i7-950 Processor (4cores 3.06 GHz)
2xBIOS settings 1 overclocked to 4.3ghz
6G RAM dominator 1600Mhz
MSI NVIDIA 560 ti 1GB
CRUCIAL SSD
NEOx1 GENIUS. BUSHIDO smart
TTS beta vers 4.22.5 & TDA beta & TCA beta

thebigoneinfront

Post by thebigoneinfront » Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:22 pm

I added the ANT stick at TTS 4.12 installation. Search found the HR strap.

The disconnect may be that TTS does not search&find the ANT stick, but the ANT HR strap. So I think you need to wear it during the search. Also, as malfukt said, disabling any other program that controls the ANT stick, in particular Garmin ANT Agent, is important.

focus

Post by focus » Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:04 am

It is possible that my ant usb stick is not working properly. Garmin ant agent recognizes it but is unable to connect with my Garmin watch. It is weird that TTS doesn`t recognize usb stick at all, but maybe that would change with functioning usb stick.
What ever the cause, I can not explore because there is a problem with losing vr interface connection so my trainer is momentarily useless. That issue is dealt with in another thread on this forum so I will not write it here.
When (if?) that problem is resolved and I find the solution for ant+ connectivity I will report it here.

Sincy

Post by Sincy » Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:37 am

Hi, I have just bought a Flow Ergo with the standard bar mounted controls, and tried to use my Cateye HRM, with no success. DO I need to buy an ANT+ monitor? I have looked and looked but seem to get more conflicting info.

IS it ANT+ or analogue? even the literature doesn't tell me.

thebigoneinfront

Post by thebigoneinfront » Thu Aug 13, 2015 4:32 pm

Cateye have ANT+ and Bluetooth HR monitors and may also still have analog. Not sure which one you have. If your Cateye documentation says "digital" or "2,4 GHz", you don't have an analog. The Flow will take only analog HR signals. The Flow is simply an "old" (on an IT timescale), sturdy, well-proven, workhorse design that can't take the fancy new stuff. If you hook up your Flow to a PC and use the Tacx Trainer Software, you can in parallel plug in an ANT USB stick and use an ANT+ HR strap, but not on the standalone Flow.

Return to “Heart rate”