Anyone willing to share HR & Power data for a research project?

Training Zones & other HRM related stuff

Moderators: mcorn, Tacx Moderator, Tacx Video Production, malfukt, Tacx support

gruffdavies

Anyone willing to share HR & Power data for a research project?

Post by gruffdavies » Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:25 am

Hi everyone - if anyone is willing to share real exercise data I'd love to hear from you. I'm specifically looking for power and heart rate data from real activities. I have my own data to work with, but I'm trying to understand the relationship between heart rate and power exertion over the course of exercise and how factors like age, gender, fitness levels etc modify this relationship for healthy individuals (that is, people without medical conditions that affect heart rate).

If you track your HR and power and would be willing to contribute your data, please post here or PM me.

You can be any age, gender, race or fitness level (from completely out of shape to athlete) the only restriction is that you're "medically well" in terms of cardio, since some medical conditions can change heart rate response in ways that would skew the model (although I'd be quite interested to study that too, it's not the first thing I'm looking to analyse).

Thanks in advance!

Gareth
(Dr Gareth Davies)

mcorn

Re: Anyone willing to share HR & Power data for a research project?

Post by mcorn » Mon Jun 04, 2018 5:25 pm

gruffdavies wrote:
Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:25 am
Hi everyone - if anyone is willing to share real exercise data I'd love to hear from you. I'm specifically looking for power and heart rate data from real activities. I have my own data to work with, but I'm trying to understand the relationship between heart rate and power exertion over the course of exercise and how factors like age, gender, fitness levels etc modify this relationship for healthy individuals (that is, people without medical conditions that affect heart rate).

If you track your HR and power and would be willing to contribute your data, please post here or PM me.

You can be any age, gender, race or fitness level (from completely out of shape to athlete) the only restriction is that you're "medically well" in terms of cardio, since some medical conditions can change heart rate response in ways that would skew the model (although I'd be quite interested to study that too, it's not the first thing I'm looking to analyse).

Thanks in advance!

Gareth
(Dr Gareth Davies)
Dr. Davies-

If you are engaged in approved human subjects research, perhaps you can provide a website link for this project.

Return to “Heart rate”