HRM Help

Training Zones & other HRM related stuff

Moderators: malfukt, Tacx support, mcorn, Tacx Moderator, Tacx Video Production

bobbietrems

HRM Help

Post by bobbietrems » Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:25 am

Hi,

I'm trying to connect my Garmin HRM-Tri to both the Tacx Desktop App on my PC and the Android Tacx Training App but don't seem to be able to connect them. Can anyone assist? I'm intending to start HR training soon, so could really do with some assistance.

Robert

thebigoneinfront

Re: HRM Help

Post by thebigoneinfront » Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:28 am

The Garmin HR strap transmits only ANT+ signals. As of now, the Tacx Desktop App works only with Bluetooth. Unclear whether your specific Android device can receive ANT or what you may need to do to enable it. One path you can take is getting a dual ANT+/Bluetooth HR strap.

mcorn

Post by mcorn » Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:04 pm

thebigoneinfront wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:28 am
One path you can take is getting a dual ANT+/Bluetooth HR strap.
I use a Polar H7. It works well and had a good price.

clarion1

Post by clarion1 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:08 pm

I recently had a heart ablation for atrial flutter and afterwards the Tacx HR Belt gave unstable readings but the Garmin strap with additional sensor pads returned stability

Phaedon

Post by Phaedon » Thu Aug 30, 2018 12:30 pm

I have some bad readings and signal loosing on my Tacx HR monitor. I am using the device for almost a year and only while i am on my Neo (i use iPad). A couple of months ago even though i changed the battery i was receiving excess fluctuations on measuring as well as loosing signal. the device is in an absolutely perfect condition as i am only using it on the trainer.

could you please guide me through fixing it??

thanks

mcorn

Post by mcorn » Thu Aug 30, 2018 6:13 pm

Phaedon wrote:
Thu Aug 30, 2018 12:30 pm
I have some bad readings and signal loosing on my Tacx HR monitor. I am using the device for almost a year and only while i am on my Neo (i use iPad). A couple of months ago even though i changed the battery i was receiving excess fluctuations on measuring as well as loosing signal. the device is in an absolutely perfect condition as i am only using it on the trainer.

could you please guide me through fixing it??

thanks
Have you tested with more than one software application? There are numerous free HR programs for mobile devices that can receive Bluetooth or ANT+ signals. It would be useful to test on something other than your iPAD to rule out the iPAD as having a problem. If you are getting the same result, your strap may not be in "absolutely perfect condition". Be sure the straps are very clean. You can try using a conductive gel or a salt solution on your skin to improve performance. There really is no easy way to check the internals of a device like this. Erratic performance is most often caused by a weak battery or dirty strap, so it might be worth trying another new battery. Occasionally, something interfering with the signal can happen, but that would usually interfere with the NEO as well.

Return to “Heart rate”