Which HR belt is recommended?

Training Zones & other HRM related stuff

Moderators: Tacx support, mcorn, Tacx Moderator, Tacx Video Production, malfukt

p@thornvig.dk

Which HR belt is recommended?

Post by p@thornvig.dk » Sun Feb 09, 2014 11:12 am

After seeing several posts through, I could not find what HR belt Tacx recommend (or sell) to flow.
As I've read several posts can be a bit of an experiment to find one that works from day one

mcorn

Re: Which HR belt is recommended?

Post by mcorn » Sun Feb 09, 2014 5:01 pm

p@thornvig.dk wrote:After seeing several posts through, I could not find what HR belt Tacx recommend (or sell) to flow.
As I've read several posts can be a bit of an experiment to find one that works from day one
You must use an old-style analog belt - coded, digital and ANT+ will not work (there are some coded belts that also send an uncoded analog signal that will work).

Inexpensive belts work fine. I use a Sports Instrument that I bought on eBay.

You can tell if it is working as a red LED will flash on the handlebar controller even if the software is not running (USB must be plugged in, however).

p@thornvig.dk

Post by p@thornvig.dk » Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:10 pm

OK.
On Tacx hompage I found:
http://www.tacxservice.com/en/4-what-he ... t-included
The following heartrate belts do work with Tacx trainers

Genius - Bushido - Vortex
Tacx ANT heartrate belt T1992
Garmin ANT heartrate belt article number 010-;10997-00
Suunto ANT belt - article number 14543000
Sigma analogue - article number 20303
Polar coded T31 -article number 920135
Fortius - Flow - Flow MP

Polar coded T31 - article number 920135

The following belt does not work with Tacx
Polar Wearlink W.I.N.D (specially coded)

mcorn

Post by mcorn » Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:53 pm

p@thornvig.dk wrote: Fortius - Flow - Flow MP

Polar coded T31 - article number 920135
You can go less expensive than these 2 for your Flow. Just shop around for an analog.

Fabs

Post by Fabs » Fri Apr 11, 2014 12:01 pm

Just to clarify, I have a VR head unit TI932 (using TTS4).

I am assuming this supports just analoge HRM belts and not ANT/ANT+ etc.... ?

I was looking at alternatives to chest belts like Mio Link (optical wrist HR senssor) but that only supports ANT+ (or bluetooth).
Iam assuming there is no way to use such devices other than throwing everything away and getting an i-Genius ?

mcorn

Post by mcorn » Fri Apr 11, 2014 3:12 pm

The T1932 only works with analog. There is no way to independently connect an ANT+ device into TTS4 if you have a Fortius or Flow trainer as everything goes through the T1932.

jpalcover
Location: Swiss Alps (5,000 ft) and Pollensa, Mallorca, Spain (sea level). Occasionally in Paris or Royan.

Post by jpalcover » Fri Apr 11, 2014 7:03 pm

You can also use the following POLAR HRM monitor:

WearLink®+ Hybrid transmitter

WearLink®+ Hybrid transmitter picks up your heart’s signals and transfers that data into a compatible Polar training computer.

Uses both 5kHz and 2.4GHz W.I.N.D. transmission, ensuring that your heart rate signal is found at all times

5kHz coded transmission allows you to see real-time heart rate on compatible gym equipment, making it ideal for use at home and fitness clubs

Transfers heart rate information also while swimming with products which support 5kHz transmission frequency*

I use it on my i-Genius to track data on both TTS4.10 and the Polar C600CS computer.
Running TTS4.19.1 on
WIN 10 PRO 64bit
i7-4790 4.0 GHz; 24GB RAM @ 1600 MHz; AMD Radeon R9 270 2GB
256 GB SSD (System) + 2TB HDD (data); BluRay drive
i-Genius (Brake fw: 1.1.325); Satori

bitels

Post by bitels » Sat Feb 28, 2015 12:07 pm

I have Suunto Dual HR Belt and I don't have idea how can I use my analogue HR Belt on i-Votex with the latest ver. of TTS. Please write step by step with screen shots, how to link HR belt to the head computer or TTS. Manual doesn't solve the problem....

v1sionmaster

Post by v1sionmaster » Thu Dec 29, 2016 7:22 pm

I note the comments about not being able to use Ant+ with the TT 1932 / T1925 USB interfaces, but is it not possible (ie if you already have an Ant+ HRM Belt) to use an Ant+ to USB dongle and add the the HRM in Setup/Device Manager of the TTS4 software?
I also wonder if you could do away with the Tacx Cadence sensor and use that from your Garmin instead?
This assumes that all of the Ant+ inputs would also appear within your training dashboard as if they were Tacx devices.
In my case, that would leave my T2200 Flow electro brake to manage Power & Speed and the VR interface for interfacing with the TTS4software
Food For Thought :!: :!: :?: :wink:

thebigoneinfront

Post by thebigoneinfront » Fri Dec 30, 2016 11:54 am

v1sionmaster wrote:.. is it not possible (ie if you already have an Ant+ HRM Belt) to use an Ant+ to USB dongle and add the the HRM in Setup/Device Manager of the TTS4 software?
It is. Although not with the Suunto Dual referred to in the year-old post above since it dos not transmit ANT+, only Suunto's private ANT.
v1sionmaster wrote:I also wonder if you could do away with the Tacx Cadence sensor and use that from your Garmin instead?
You can connect Garmin's cadence sensor as well. Note that some trainers, in particular the Fortius, require their original wired cadence sensor nevertheless. Not sure about the Flow.
v1sionmaster wrote:T2200 Flow
This is the standalone Flow. You need the T1932 interface to connect it to TTS.

v1sionmaster

Post by v1sionmaster » Fri Dec 30, 2016 3:08 pm

thebigoneinfront wrote:
v1sionmaster wrote:.. is it not possible (ie if you already have an Ant+ HRM Belt) to use an Ant+ to USB dongle and add the the HRM in Setup/Device Manager of the TTS4 software?
It is. Although not with the Suunto Dual referred to in the year-old post above since it dos not transmit ANT+, only Suunto's private ANT.
v1sionmaster wrote:I also wonder if you could do away with the Tacx Cadence sensor and use that from your Garmin instead?
You can connect Garmin's cadence sensor as well. Note that some trainers, in particular the Fortius, require their original wired cadence sensor nevertheless. Not sure about the Flow.
v1sionmaster wrote:T2200 Flow
This is the standalone Flow. You need the T1932 interface to connect it to TTS.
Thanks for confirming what I thought :D I'll now contact Tacx to see if the T2200 Flow relies on it's cadence sensor when used with TTS4, although it's hardly a problem using the Tacx one :wink:
My main issue is the HRM and after I've bought to Google Licence so I can import our Club TT, I'll get myself an Ant+ dongle :) - now to find out which is the best 'bang for buck' 8 channel device :!:

mickyduck

Post by mickyduck » Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:27 am

mcorn wrote:
Fri Apr 11, 2014 3:12 pm
The T1932 only works with analog. There is no way to independently connect an ANT+ device into TTS4 if you have a Fortius or Flow trainer as everything goes through the T1932.
Not exactly correct, I use a Polar analogue and my lady uses an inxepensice "eBay" generic ANT+ If you have an ANT+ dongle then this will bypass the head unit.

thebigoneinfront

Post by thebigoneinfront » Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:26 am

To mcorn's honour, this was correct prior to TTS 4.12 where that feature was added.

mickyduck

Post by mickyduck » Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:05 am

Quite right and just noticed how old this thread is.... :D
Wonder why it came up on my "unread" posts link today?

thebigoneinfront

Post by thebigoneinfront » Wed Mar 29, 2017 12:47 pm

Because of the now deleted spam posts above your post today :D

Return to “Heart rate”