Blue screen Fortius software

Organised Online VR & RLV racing

Moderators: Tacx support, mcorn, Tacx Moderator, malfukt, Nasz, KeithD, (Chris James )

KeithD
Location: UK, Gateshead. (You've got to move fast, you never know who's catching up.)

Blue screen Fortius software

Post by KeithD » Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:38 pm

If you get the blue screen when loading the Fortius Software just recently as I have then This may well be the answer.
Load you Fortius without the USB lead from the trainer plugged in.
Select the course and opponents then before starting the ride (the button will be off) plug in the USB lead.
When you have finished your ride before saving remove the USB lead and hit save. the ride should save and the menu will return.
This is the only way the program will now work for me and some other riders, I hoe that it works for you.
Your never a loser until you give up trying.

dirt-rider

Re: Blue screen Fortius software

Post by dirt-rider » Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:21 pm

I got the same problem !!! Was about to throw this thing out the door . Thanks you solution worked but surely there must be proper fix for this ???? I am on version 2.02 which I think is the latest . I tried different drivers but nothing works .

Nasz

Post by Nasz » Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:36 am

dirt-rider wrote:I got the same problem !!! Was about to throw this thing out the door . Thanks you solution worked but surely there must be proper fix for this ???? I am on version 2.02 which I think is the latest . I tried different drivers but nothing works .
V2.04 is the latest. Pop to link in my signature.
_______o
_____~\<,_
____(_)/ (_)
Train hard, ride easy

Old RLV TTS Files / RLV GE Routes / GPX Smoother / TTS4.x RLV Fix / Conconi Test / Training Plans, etc.,
http://www.lunicus.org/tacx.htm

Rok

Post by Rok » Fri Jun 14, 2013 7:58 am

Had this problem also in the past. It is easily solvable with procedure described in my other post...

:)

dirt-rider

Post by dirt-rider » Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:14 am

Thanks got the patches . Link to solution Rok ?

mcorn

Post by mcorn » Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:12 pm

As far as I know, the blue screen hang on startup is caused by being connected to the Internet (it is looking for a now-nonexistent server). So, the very easy solution is to disconnect from the Internet.

You can also disconnect and then reconnect after the program fully loads, but you will eventually get some other kinds of errors if you do that, so best thing is just to leave it disconnected until you have finished the ride and saved. I think doing the USB disconnect and reconnect will cause other error messages as well.

There is a lengthy discussion here:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=18704

Rok

Post by Rok » Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:54 am

dirt-rider wrote:Thanks got the patches . Link to solution Rok ?
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=20221

If .rlv files in C:\Program Files\TacxFortius\catalyst\video doesn't have matching .pgmf files in C:\Program Files\TacxFortius\catalyst\programs - you get blue screen.

Try renaming one file (not catalyst run, but RLV ride, that actualy has both .rlv and .pgmf files..) - for instance: something.pgmf to something.pgmf.test (you don't want to loose the name of the file..) - and you will have blue screen. Not BSOD, only Fortius software doesn't load completely... :wink:

And one solution to this problem is starting Fortius with unplugged USB cable, and plugging it later. But real solution is checking "Video" and "Programs" directories for matching files. There are more .pgmf files though, only RLV rides have .rlv files, catalyst runs have only .pgmf without .rlv - so you can delete those, but not RLV's.

That is problem I had in the past, but it is also possible something else to cause blue Fortius screen, like some missing tacx server on internet. But wouldn't be all of users affected by that? My Fortius works just fine with internet connection on, all the time. :roll:

sakexcel02

Post by sakexcel02 » Mon Sep 05, 2016 11:31 am

Return to “VCF League”