New! - September Batch of rides for TDA

Discussion about the Tacx collection of Video for Tacx Training Software

Moderators: malfukt, Tacx support, mcorn, Tacx Moderator, Tacx Video Production, Nasz, Lunatix

Tacx Video Production

New! - September Batch of rides for TDA

Post by Tacx Video Production » Mon Sep 17, 2018 1:05 pm

A load more rides from Austria as the place is the focus next week, Grossglockner has also its long sounthern side with the detour to the Franz Joseph Glacier. Pacific Coast Highway gets its 2nd part thats even more scenic.. The Highlight is probably Flanders Fan ride filmed this year in BerthaVision, Bokririjk is a really typical Belgian style cycling paths route filmed not far away from Zolder (think Chipo world champs). Holme Moss is a UK legend.

Grossglockner North Side
Grossglockner, South Side - Stage 1
Grossglockner, South Side - Stage 2
Hahntennjoch Pass, Elmen
Bavaria, Romantic Road
California, Pacific Coast Highway Stage 2
Tour of Flanders Fan Ride 2018 - The Final
Cycling through Water, Bokrijk - Cycle Tour
England, Peak District - Holme Moss

shudman

Re: New! - September Batch of rides for TDA

Post by shudman » Mon Oct 01, 2018 1:22 pm

It's great to see new films being released.
Having made the jump from a very old (12 years+) Flow 1901 with TTS3 and 15 or more RLVs, to a Flux and TDA, it would be great to see a list of the films with their profiles and routes available in a central place. Does that exist anywhere, as I couldn't find it ? It would be a great marketing thing too, as folks could see the plethora of films :)

Tacx Video Production

Post by Tacx Video Production » Mon Oct 01, 2018 3:02 pm

shudman wrote:
Mon Oct 01, 2018 1:22 pm
It's great to see new films being released.
Having made the jump from a very old (12 years+) Flow 1901 with TTS3 and 15 or more RLVs, to a Flux and TDA, it would be great to see a list of the films with their profiles and routes available in a central place. Does that exist anywhere, as I couldn't find it ? It would be a great marketing thing too, as folks could see the plethora of films :)
They are working on a Map that will be available on the Tacx site or in the cloud that has just where everything is thats released (just now its about a 3rd of what we have). But the obvious place to see this list is the actual software..just download it, its free!!!

open it & you will see a list that you can filter if you wanted. There are also small profiles & a fair amount of data on each ride, some text etc. There is a very good search tool just type a climb or ride your interested in & it should pop up if its released.

(ignore the code names this is the RLV Beta list..in the open version they are removed)

shudman

Post by shudman » Mon Oct 01, 2018 4:51 pm

Yeah...I get they are in the TDA app, but folks don't want to download the app just to see what's available. Think of potential subscribers...seeing a huge collection of maps, profiles, routes, is a) going to promote the product and b) show what competitors are not doing ;) You have to scour pretty hard to even find some of the previews of films, and this would be a nice features too....but centrally, on a single web page. You could just then announce the new month's and have **NEW** next to them in a single place. Easier for you guys too ;)

mcorn

Post by mcorn » Mon Oct 01, 2018 5:09 pm

shudman wrote:
Mon Oct 01, 2018 4:51 pm
Yeah...I get they are in the TDA app, but folks don't want to download the app just to see what's available. Think of potential subscribers...seeing a huge collection of maps, profiles, routes, is a) going to promote the product and b) show what competitors are not doing ;) You have to scour pretty hard to even find some of the previews of films, and this would be a nice features too....but centrally, on a single web page. You could just then announce the new month's and have **NEW** next to them in a single place. Easier for you guys too ;)
I think you make some excellent marketing points, but downloading and installing TDA is very quick and easy. Because it is written on the Windows UWP platform and you get it from the Microsoft store, the app itself does not make any major change to your PC and uses little space, so it is an easy way to see what titles are available even if you decide not to use it.

Tacx Video Production

Post by Tacx Video Production » Mon Oct 01, 2018 5:29 pm

Tacx are developing a rather cool map thats going to the website, That will be the obvious best way to find what your looking for & to see at a glance what areas are covered so far. You will also see a screenshot & some ride data..even who is riding it! But really the TDA is the very best tool for the job of finding a ride, it installs in just a couple of seconds.

Tacx Video Production

Post by Tacx Video Production » Mon Oct 01, 2018 5:36 pm

The search tool works now really well inside TDA. Here I have selected Mountains & Austria..Tacx could just post some screenshots like this on a central place, at least in the short term it could help.

Tacx Video Production

Post by Tacx Video Production » Mon Oct 01, 2018 5:40 pm

Here Ive selected the order to be hardest at the top & for Spain

shudman

Post by shudman » Mon Oct 01, 2018 6:31 pm

It may be easy to install...but :

a) as a potential subscriber, why would I install an app just to see what films were available. It would be like installing Strava just to see what the features are.
b) as a user, I do not have TDA loaded on all of my PCs, and I may want to look to see what's available and browse potential rides
c) as a vendor, I would think it would be convenient to have it all in one place, and show new announcements (and remove/expire old ones too)

anyhow...it was an ask. So, it is not currently available (without the app!) is what I am hearing ;)

Tacx Video Production

Post by Tacx Video Production » Mon Oct 01, 2018 6:47 pm

There is no list currently on the tacx website, but you would be dealing with an endless list anyway... The map is not far away though & that is going ontothe website someplace hopefully easy to find & well advertised :wink:

The map will have icons for each ride, just click them & you can see a screenshot & some ride data.. I think the Map is by far the most simple way to see just whats available, every cyclist can understand a map...or they are up for some fun when they leave home!

Return to “Tacx Real Life Video”