Raid Pyrenees I

Discussion about the Tacx collection of Video for Tacx Training Software

Moderators: mcorn, Tacx Moderator, Tacx Video Production, malfukt, Tacx support, Nasz, Lunatix

User avatar
Edgarini
Posts: 561
Joined: Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:46 am
Location: Madison, WI, US

Re: Raid Pyrenees I

Post by Edgarini » Thu Oct 29, 2015 5:34 pm

dougleybourne wrote:Yep, I remember him. Also the spot where Phil rescued a guy who had slipped over the edge. Unfortunately by going from 1 to 3 and missing out 2 I will not get to see that bit. D
Shoot Doug....I thought you were going to the start of 4. Well, I still have to redo the Tourmalet....I'll do that w/ you at least.

SMC wrote:yes that guy sure adds a bit of levity to the ride!

Seeing him always makes me thankful we go down that side of the mountain.

Scott
That side's on Etape 2010....love that RLV despite its age now.

jimppa147
Posts: 293
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2009 2:42 pm
Location: Helsinki, Finland

Re: Raid Pyrenees I

Post by jimppa147 » Thu Oct 29, 2015 8:10 pm

Hi people, remember me? I've been off the radar for a while.

In answer to Doug's question, I'm very slowly working my way through the Raid. I'm in the early stages of part III, ready to start the Soulor. Too busy with small children these days, and I don't manage much time on the trainer, but I'll slowly make my way towards the Atlantic overture coming weeks.
Jim, Helsinki

User avatar
Edgarini
Posts: 561
Joined: Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:46 am
Location: Madison, WI, US

Re: Raid Pyrenees I

Post by Edgarini » Fri Oct 30, 2015 2:22 am

jimppa147 wrote:Hi people, remember me? I've been off the radar for a while.

In answer to Doug's question, I'm very slowly working my way through the Raid. I'm in the early stages of part III, ready to start the Soulor. Too busy with small children these days, and I don't manage much time on the trainer, but I'll slowly make my way towards the Atlantic overture coming weeks.
Great to hear from you Jim. You're at the foot of one of the extra special sections of the whole ride, along w/ the Bales and the Iraty IMHO. Run down to the pet store....pick up a couple of dog crates....and whammo.....your good for a few kid-free hours on the bike! Ed :D

jimppa147
Posts: 293
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2009 2:42 pm
Location: Helsinki, Finland

Re: Raid Pyrenees I

Post by jimppa147 » Fri Oct 30, 2015 3:07 pm

Thanks Ed, it's nice to come back here and see so many familiar names. Still love those Tacx films whenever time allows...
Jim, Helsinki

dougleybourne
Posts: 182
Joined: Wed Dec 29, 2004 12:22 am
Location: Auckland, New Zealand

Re: Raid Pyrenees I

Post by dougleybourne » Sat Oct 31, 2015 1:38 am

Edgarini wrote:
dougleybourne wrote:Yep, I remember him. Also the spot where Phil rescued a guy who had slipped over the edge. Unfortunately by going from 1 to 3 and missing out 2 I will not get to see that bit. D
Shoot Doug....I thought you were going to the start of 4. Well, I still have to redo the Tourmalet....I'll do that w/ you at least.

SMC wrote:yes that guy sure adds a bit of levity to the ride!

Seeing him always makes me thankful we go down that side of the mountain.

Scott
That side's on Etape 2010....love that RLV despite its age now.
I sort of changed my mind. I have ridden up the Tourmalet so often (including real cycling and car trips) that at the last minute I decided to start on Part 4 - Col de Spandelles. Not riding today, I feel a bit shattered after a Stress Test, as a result of which I have been told that I should not have a VO2 max test - the lab is, however, prepared to do a Lactate threshold test. Sometime soon I expect. Cheers to all Doug

User avatar
Neez
Posts: 193
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:12 pm

Re: Raid Pyrenees I

Post by Neez » Sat Oct 31, 2015 7:50 pm

3 down, 1 to go

https://www.strava.com/activities/423830625

Now some well-deserved beer :P :P :P :P
Fortius T1930
TTS 4.13

Alienware Aurora ALX
Intel Core i7-4930K, 6-cores, 12MB Cache, 4.1 GHz
32GB 1600MHz DDR3 Quad Channel
W7 Professional SP1 (64 BIT)
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 3GB GDDR5


Raid Pyrenees challenge map: http://goo.gl/maps/BSQAV

User avatar
Edgarini
Posts: 561
Joined: Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:46 am
Location: Madison, WI, US

Re: Raid Pyrenees I

Post by Edgarini » Sun Nov 01, 2015 3:22 am

Neez wrote:3 down, 1 to go

https://www.strava.com/activities/423830625

Now some well-deserved beer :P :P :P :P
Chapeau Neez...have had your beer waiting right here for the last few just over the top of the Ichere. To be honest w/ you though, I'm so jaded from seeing you eat these things alive, that I'm almost more impressed by your full IM Melbourne run the day before. I would have required a straight jacket after about half of that monstrosity of boredom.

User avatar
Neez
Posts: 193
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:12 pm

Re: Raid Pyrenees I

Post by Neez » Sun Nov 01, 2015 12:54 pm

Edgarini wrote:
Neez wrote:3 down, 1 to go

https://www.strava.com/activities/423830625

Now some well-deserved beer :P :P :P :P
Chapeau Neez...have had your beer waiting right here for the last few just over the top of the Ichere. To be honest w/ you though, I'm so jaded from seeing you eat these things alive, that I'm almost more impressed by your full IM Melbourne run the day before. I would have required a straight jacket after about half of that monstrosity of boredom.
Thanks, tastes heavenly :-) And indeed, the IM was pure mental training .... booooring doesn't even begin to describe it :-)
Fortius T1930
TTS 4.13

Alienware Aurora ALX
Intel Core i7-4930K, 6-cores, 12MB Cache, 4.1 GHz
32GB 1600MHz DDR3 Quad Channel
W7 Professional SP1 (64 BIT)
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 3GB GDDR5


Raid Pyrenees challenge map: http://goo.gl/maps/BSQAV

User avatar
Neez
Posts: 193
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:12 pm

Re: Raid Pyrenees I

Post by Neez » Sun Nov 01, 2015 3:39 pm

Anyway, Raid IV up, but? In London coming week so don't know when I'll bag that one. Would be good though to compensatie for the upcoming UK beers. Prosecco and Pasta thoroughly used up by now :P
Fortius T1930
TTS 4.13

Alienware Aurora ALX
Intel Core i7-4930K, 6-cores, 12MB Cache, 4.1 GHz
32GB 1600MHz DDR3 Quad Channel
W7 Professional SP1 (64 BIT)
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 3GB GDDR5


Raid Pyrenees challenge map: http://goo.gl/maps/BSQAV

User avatar
Neez
Posts: 193
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:12 pm

Re: Raid Pyrenees I

Post by Neez » Sun Nov 01, 2015 3:49 pm

Edgarini wrote:
Neez wrote:3 down, 1 to go

https://www.strava.com/activities/423830625

Now some well-deserved beer :P :P :P :P
Chapeau Neez...have had your beer waiting right here for the last few just over the top of the Ichere. To be honest w/ you though, I'm so jaded from seeing you eat these things alive, that I'm almost more impressed by your full IM Melbourne run the day before. I would have required a straight jacket after about half of that monstrosity of boredom.
During IM did my regular mental exercise: make it to the next checkpoint - in this case the overhangs (viaducts/camera rail) and then allow myself to check progress. On the way back pass 25 triathletes and then check progress. Enormous time differences btw, passed the first bunch shortly after the turn (at 50 K I guess) and still people starting the cycling at the finish.
Fortius T1930
TTS 4.13

Alienware Aurora ALX
Intel Core i7-4930K, 6-cores, 12MB Cache, 4.1 GHz
32GB 1600MHz DDR3 Quad Channel
W7 Professional SP1 (64 BIT)
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 3GB GDDR5


Raid Pyrenees challenge map: http://goo.gl/maps/BSQAV

User avatar
Edgarini
Posts: 561
Joined: Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:46 am
Location: Madison, WI, US

Re: Raid Pyrenees I

Post by Edgarini » Fri Nov 06, 2015 7:11 am

Rode the Iraty tonight. Have to say, maybe not the hardest due to its somewhat shorter length, but I'd have to rate the Bagargui as the most bad-ass climb in the whole route due to its sustained section. Loving this thing the second time around almost more than the first....what a gem. Unfortunately snapped a gear cable right before the final beautiful descent, and as Kevin Kline would say "DISAPPOINTED!!!"

SMC
Posts: 257
Joined: Sun Oct 23, 2011 1:49 am
Location: Toronto

Re: Raid Pyrenees I

Post by SMC » Fri Nov 06, 2015 2:52 pm

Edgarini wrote:Rode the Iraty tonight. Have to say, maybe not the hardest due to its somewhat shorter length, but I'd have to rate the Bagargui as the most bad-ass climb in the whole route due to its sustained section. Loving this thing the second time around almost more than the first....what a gem. Unfortunately snapped a gear cable right before the final beautiful descent, and as Kevin Kline would say "DISAPPOINTED!!!"

I am planning on starting at Tourmalet next week and heading north, I can't wait to get back to that area, although I agree that they are some cruel climbs!

Scott

User avatar
Neez
Posts: 193
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:12 pm

Re: Raid Pyrenees I

Post by Neez » Sat Nov 14, 2015 9:49 pm

Signed, sealed & delivered

Can't get it to upload to bikenet :-( Strava works though: https://www.strava.com/activities/432674936
Fortius T1930
TTS 4.13

Alienware Aurora ALX
Intel Core i7-4930K, 6-cores, 12MB Cache, 4.1 GHz
32GB 1600MHz DDR3 Quad Channel
W7 Professional SP1 (64 BIT)
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 3GB GDDR5


Raid Pyrenees challenge map: http://goo.gl/maps/BSQAV

User avatar
Neez
Posts: 193
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:12 pm

Re: Raid Pyrenees I

Post by Neez » Sat Nov 14, 2015 10:43 pm

Neez wrote:Signed, sealed & delivered
Now back to the Tourmalet to do the download versions :shock:
Fortius T1930
TTS 4.13

Alienware Aurora ALX
Intel Core i7-4930K, 6-cores, 12MB Cache, 4.1 GHz
32GB 1600MHz DDR3 Quad Channel
W7 Professional SP1 (64 BIT)
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 3GB GDDR5


Raid Pyrenees challenge map: http://goo.gl/maps/BSQAV

User avatar
Neez
Posts: 193
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:12 pm

Re: Raid Pyrenees I

Post by Neez » Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:27 pm

Neez wrote:
Neez wrote:Signed, sealed & delivered
Now back to the Tourmalet to do the download versions :shock:
Okay there we go again: https://www.strava.com/activities/436622887 :?

Stayed too long on top of the Tourmalet because of a light flue, but Spandelles next 8)
Fortius T1930
TTS 4.13

Alienware Aurora ALX
Intel Core i7-4930K, 6-cores, 12MB Cache, 4.1 GHz
32GB 1600MHz DDR3 Quad Channel
W7 Professional SP1 (64 BIT)
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 3GB GDDR5


Raid Pyrenees challenge map: http://goo.gl/maps/BSQAV

User avatar
Tacx Video Production
Posts: 3831
Joined: Sun May 09, 2004 11:49 pm
Location: Belgium
Contact:

Re: Raid Pyrenees I

Post by Tacx Video Production » Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:09 pm

Neez wrote:
Neez wrote:
Neez wrote:Signed, sealed & delivered
Now back to the Tourmalet to do the download versions :shock:
Okay there we go again: https://www.strava.com/activities/436622887 :?

Stayed too long on top of the Tourmalet because of a light flue, but Spandelles next 8)
I think you will have all the KOMs to the Atlantic now, I only made those last week

SMC
Posts: 257
Joined: Sun Oct 23, 2011 1:49 am
Location: Toronto

Re: Raid Pyrenees I

Post by SMC » Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:47 pm

[/quote]

I think you will have all the KOMs to the Atlantic now, I only made those last week[/quote]

No, Neza and I are fighting for them!

I'm slowly working my way north as well but have been slowed by great weather outside.

Scott

User avatar
Neez
Posts: 193
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:12 pm

Re: Raid Pyrenees I

Post by Neez » Tue Nov 24, 2015 11:40 pm

SMC wrote:
Tacx Video Production wrote:I think you will have all the KOMs to the Atlantic now, I only made those last week
No, Neza and I are fighting for them!

I'm slowly working my way north as well but have been slowed by great weather outside.

Scott
Tourmalet is your´s, Scott / you whipped my ass there, but I wrecked you on the Spandelles :twisted:

https://www.strava.com/activities/43877 ... 0547723531

Had some serious cycling to do, haven´t been powering up the mountain like that for ages ... getting too old for that kind of stuff
Fortius T1930
TTS 4.13

Alienware Aurora ALX
Intel Core i7-4930K, 6-cores, 12MB Cache, 4.1 GHz
32GB 1600MHz DDR3 Quad Channel
W7 Professional SP1 (64 BIT)
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 3GB GDDR5


Raid Pyrenees challenge map: http://goo.gl/maps/BSQAV

User avatar
Neez
Posts: 193
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:12 pm

Re: Raid Pyrenees I

Post by Neez » Thu Nov 26, 2015 12:22 am

Soulor & Aubisque in the pocket: https://www.strava.com/activities/439388906

Déjà vu: haven't I been here recently??? :-)
Fortius T1930
TTS 4.13

Alienware Aurora ALX
Intel Core i7-4930K, 6-cores, 12MB Cache, 4.1 GHz
32GB 1600MHz DDR3 Quad Channel
W7 Professional SP1 (64 BIT)
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 3GB GDDR5


Raid Pyrenees challenge map: http://goo.gl/maps/BSQAV

User avatar
Neez
Posts: 193
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:12 pm

Re: Raid Pyrenees I

Post by Neez » Thu Dec 03, 2015 1:58 am

And another one bites the dust: https://www.strava.com/activities/443336392
Fortius T1930
TTS 4.13

Alienware Aurora ALX
Intel Core i7-4930K, 6-cores, 12MB Cache, 4.1 GHz
32GB 1600MHz DDR3 Quad Channel
W7 Professional SP1 (64 BIT)
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 3GB GDDR5


Raid Pyrenees challenge map: http://goo.gl/maps/BSQAV

Post Reply

Return to “Tacx Real Life Video”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests