Raid Pyrenees I

Discussion about the Tacx collection of Video for Tacx Training Software

Moderators: Tacx support, mcorn, Tacx Moderator, Tacx Video Production, malfukt, Nasz, Lunatix

Tacx Video Production

Re: Raid Pyrenees I

Post by Tacx Video Production » Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:43 am

I could not resist making the full route map from the original data so this is what the Tacx customer can now ride if he really wants to "know" the Pyrenees :wink: will eventually make this into a proper page with some snaps taken while filming etc.

http://tacxreallifevideo.com/tacx-raid-pyrenees/

SMC

Post by SMC » Thu Jun 12, 2014 2:19 pm

wow, that's awesome Phil.

I can't wait!

Scott

thebigoneinfront

Post by thebigoneinfront » Thu Jun 12, 2014 2:42 pm

So the humid heat is gone for now, wonderful cycling weather outside, the weatherman says more of it is to come, and I'm sitting here looking forward to more virtual Pyrenees hours on the Tacx. Am I perverted?

dougleybourne

Post by dougleybourne » Sat Jun 14, 2014 5:56 pm

[quote="thebigoneinfront" Am I perverted?[/quote]

Sure you are, so am I, so are all of us. Fun is it not!!! Doug

Tacx Video Production

Post by Tacx Video Production » Sun Jun 22, 2014 1:25 pm

thebigoneinfront wrote: Am I perverted?
No you are completely normal, hopefully :wink:

Im upto GPM 22 so far in the edit, actually have forgooten the names of those that come next, all the cols had great signs even every km so not real need for info boxes! but so far we have

GPM 16 Tourmalet (DL)
GPM 17 Spandelles
GPM 18 Soulor
GPM 19 I'Aubisque
GPM 20 Marie Blanque
GPM 21 Ichere
GPM 22 Labays (with some kind of Spanish Cyclo going on)

now we really ride into the Basque looking part of the Pyrenees with a different style of houses & more wind swept grass colored mountains.

Edgarini

Post by Edgarini » Wed Jun 25, 2014 6:14 am

Tacx Video Production wrote: Im upto GPM 22 so far in the edit, actually have forgooten the names of those that come next, all the cols had great signs even every km so not real need for info boxes! but so far we have

GPM 16 Tourmalet (DL)
GPM 17 Spandelles
GPM 18 Soulor
GPM 19 I'Aubisque
GPM 20 Marie Blanque
GPM 21 Ichere
GPM 22 Labays (with some kind of Spanish Cyclo going on)

now we really ride into the Basque looking part of the Pyrenees with a different style of houses & more wind swept grass colored mountains.
Awesome Phil....really looking forward to this: parts of Etape 2010 in reverse and then the Spanish parts look/sound great: variety is the spice of life. Gonna be great once those nights get longer and the weather gets colder!

jimppa147

Post by jimppa147 » Mon Jun 30, 2014 9:32 am

I've been out of the frame for a while, with work and a new family member, but I finally got part 2 ordered and am greatly looking forward to it, as and when I can find the time. Thanks for the updates on part 3, Phil, I'm really happy you took the Spandelles detour for the southern ascent of the Soulor. That is such a beautiful ride and I can't wait to see it on the trainer.
Jim, Helsinki

Tacx Video Production

Post by Tacx Video Production » Mon Jun 30, 2014 9:53 am

Im off camping with the kids for a few days but I also now have the full Marmotte being rendered!

jimppa147

Post by jimppa147 » Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:26 pm

Gents! I've resurrected myself and have finally started part 2! With a bit of luck I'll catch up with the crowd before part 3 is released (not that I think Tacx will get it released terribly soon, more that it might take me a good while to get through it).

The first three climbs were pretty stunning - this is promising to be quite a ride. Having finally upgraded to a 42" screen, I'm really appreciating the picture quality.
Jim, Helsinki

Edgarini

Post by Edgarini » Tue Sep 30, 2014 5:24 am

jimppa147 wrote:Gents! I've resurrected myself and have finally started part 2! With a bit of luck I'll catch up with the crowd before part 3 is released (not that I think Tacx will get it released terribly soon, more that it might take me a good while to get through it).

The first three climbs were pretty stunning - this is promising to be quite a ride. Having finally upgraded to a 42" screen, I'm really appreciating the picture quality.
Sweet Jim...you've picked the perfect ride to inaugurate your new monitor w/...enjoy! See you at the top of the Tourmalet.

SMC

Post by SMC » Tue Sep 30, 2014 2:01 pm

Can't wait for part 3!

Scott

thebigoneinfront

Post by thebigoneinfront » Tue Sep 30, 2014 3:09 pm

Ah Jim, good you get going! We're that small band of hairy and long-bearded guys at that first switchback down the Tourmalet. Edgarini's caboose is a distant memory, all burned in the campfire. We are fed by tourists who seemingly take us for a sort of giant marmots. Will Tacx get us out of here before the winter?

jimppa147

Post by jimppa147 » Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:21 pm

I suspect there'll be plenty of time for me to catch up with you and enjoy the mountain air for a while before part 3 is out. On past form, Tacx will miss the prime winter selling window, and we'll be frozen into the scenery of the Tourmalet.
Jim, Helsinki

Tacx Video Production

Post by Tacx Video Production » Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:09 pm

jimppa147 wrote:I suspect there'll be plenty of time for me to catch up with you and enjoy the mountain air for a while before part 3 is out. On past form, Tacx will miss the prime winter selling window, and we'll be frozen into the scenery of the Tourmalet.
Ok I get the hint :wink: This time its not Tacx, its me Ive put the thing on the side which is never a good idea. I will get the thing in Beta ASAP....then it will be Tacx sitting on the thing.....Im onto my 28th "Tacx" RLV since this spring & thats not including the Raid 3 & 4 which will be longer then 1 more BluRay

Edgarini

Post by Edgarini » Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:52 pm

Tacx Video Production wrote: Ok I get the hint :wink: This time its not Tacx, its me Ive put the thing on the side which is never a good idea. I will get the thing in Beta ASAP....then it will be Tacx sitting on the thing.....Im onto my 28th "Tacx" RLV since this spring & thats not including the Raid 3 & 4 which will be longer then 1 more BluRay
Yea! Nice "squeaky-wheel" work guys.

SMC

Post by SMC » Wed Oct 01, 2014 2:05 pm

Tacx Video Production wrote:
jimppa147 wrote:I suspect there'll be plenty of time for me to catch up with you and enjoy the mountain air for a while before part 3 is out. On past form, Tacx will miss the prime winter selling window, and we'll be frozen into the scenery of the Tourmalet.
Ok I get the hint :wink: This time its not Tacx, its me Ive put the thing on the side which is never a good idea. I will get the thing in Beta ASAP....then it will be Tacx sitting on the thing.....Im onto my 28th "Tacx" RLV since this spring & thats not including the Raid 3 & 4 which will be longer then 1 more BluRay

if you need any beta testers.................

Scott

Tacx Video Production

Post by Tacx Video Production » Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:09 pm

The official mountain list, 2014 footage is split into 7 stages that will be available on BD disk for TTS & downloads for IOS/Android

Tacx Raid Pyrenees - Filmed 2013
Cerbère - The Mediterranean Sea
Tour de Madeloc 335m
Col de Jau 1506m
Col de Pailhères 2001m
Port de Lers 1517m
Col d’Agnes 1570m
Col de Latrape 1111m
Col de Catchaudégué 893m
Col de Portech 862m
Col de Portet d’Aspet 1069m
Port de Balès 1755m
Col de Peyresourde 1569m
Col d’Aspin 1489m
Col du Tourmalet 2115m

Tacx Raid Pyrenees - Filmed 2014
Col de Spandelles 1380m
Col du Soulor 1474m
Col d'Aubisque 1709m
Col de Marie Blanque 1035m
Col d'Ichere 695m
Col de Labays/Soudet 1540m
Col de Bagargui 1327m
Col d'Ispeguy 672m
Puerto de Olsondo 491m
Col de Saint Ignace 177m
Hendaye - The Atlantic ocean

Jagora

Post by Jagora » Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:01 am

Stupid question time. I was looking at the Tacx Film Shop and e.g. Raid Pyrenees I 2013 is also available in download. Can I download the film and play it with TTS or is that option only for the IOS/Android?

Tacx Video Production

Post by Tacx Video Production » Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:57 am

Jagora wrote:Stupid question time. I was looking at the Tacx Film Shop and e.g. Raid Pyrenees I 2013 is also available in download. Can I download the film and play it with TTS or is that option only for the IOS/Android?
The rides you see on the Tacx webshop for download are for TTS only, IOS (ipad) has its own "in app" shop. The Raid Pyrenees Part I & II are huge downloads though of near 50GB so really something for those with unlimited super fast bandwidth! Part III is actually the Col du Tourmalet download & then part 4 - Part 10 are all split into 7 stages like the Tourmalet & they will all be smaller downloads.

IOS users can do almost the whole Raid also, I split the two BluRays into 11 stages last winter for IOS skipping some of the descents & main road parts.

Jagora

Post by Jagora » Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:39 am

Tacx Video Production wrote:
Jagora wrote:Stupid question time. I was looking at the Tacx Film Shop and e.g. Raid Pyrenees I 2013 is also available in download. Can I download the film and play it with TTS or is that option only for the IOS/Android?
The rides you see on the Tacx webshop for download are for TTS only, IOS (ipad) has its own "in app" shop. The Raid Pyrenees Part I & II are huge downloads though of near 50GB so really something for those with unlimited super fast bandwidth! Part III is actually the Col du Tourmalet download & then part 4 - Part 10 are all split into 7 stages like the Tourmalet & they will all be smaller downloads.

IOS users can do almost the whole Raid also, I split the two BluRays into 11 stages last winter for IOS skipping some of the descents & main road parts.
Excellent. Thanks for the info.

Return to “Tacx Real Life Video”